Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reload Thread: Q Power subs

Buck is offline always low Buck is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    254 Post(s)

Q Power subs

For the price they aren't that bad. Over my spring break we put 4 12"s of these in a yukon xl and it was fairly loud. Then my buddy decided to buy to of them and we put 2 15"s in my truck. For what they cost, I'm impressed. They get loud and low. The box is about 8.25 cubes tuned at 35 hz. What do yall think about the Q Powers?

Alpine - ASE (local) - Batcap - C&D Tech - CT Sounds - DC - eD - Excessive Amperage - Rainbow

Ridinhi is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Re: Q Power subs

I was at a gas station one day and a young kid pulled up and his system was dropping real low. I had to admit,i was impressed. It was the type of bass that just sounded off from far away. I heard this guy at first and couldnt see where it was coming from. Finally he pulled up and I asked him what did he have in the trunk. Had 2 Q Power 15's in a sealed box. Box was like 3cubes sealed for the pair. I would have thought that he was choking them but from the sound....they got extremely low and was pretty loud. Said he got them from the local flea market. Didnt see what kind of power he was running to them though.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    254 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ridinhi View Post
    I was at a gas station one day and a young kid pulled up and his system was dropping real low. I had to admit,i was impressed. It was the type of bass that just sounded off from far away. I heard this guy at first and couldnt see where it was coming from. Finally he pulled up and I asked him what did he have in the trunk. Had 2 Q Power 15's in a sealed box. Box was like 3cubes sealed for the pair. I would have thought that he was choking them but from the sound....they got extremely low and was pretty loud. Said he got them from the local flea market. Didnt see what kind of power he was running to them though.
    I'm running a pair of 15"s off of a 9.1. They like a good sized ported box. I would dare say these are one of the best budget subs I know of.

Alpine - ASE (local) - Batcap - C&D Tech - CT Sounds - DC - eD - Excessive Amperage - Rainbow

72 chevy van is offline deep low bass

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

link to the subs.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    254 Post(s)

It's the Q Power Deluxe series...they don't have any real good specs on them though. I thought they would be extremely ****** but they're not.

QPower

72 chevy van is offline deep low bass

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Don't look to bad.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    254 Post(s)

They really aren't. I would actually recommend them. I just emailed the company asking if they had any box recommendations for th subs, but I doubt they do.

mbrooky is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i was thinking of picking up a couple of their 10s...they have them on egay as well...i think $105 shipped for a pair of 10s...and i believe sundown is using the same basket on their "e" line subs...

2010 StreetBeat1 2nd loudest in the WORLD....StreetBeat1 Louisiana State Champ/Record Holder
    dem 10z slappen: http://www.youtube.com/user/01Ranga?feature=mhum
    feedback: http://www.caraudio.com/forum/buyer-seller-feedback/463100-mbrooky-feedback-thread.html
    http://www.caraudioclassifieds.org/forum/itrader.php?u=2848
    buld log: http://www.caraudio.com/forum/car-audio-build-logs-*new*/464899-mbrooky-89-blazer-build-log.html

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    254 Post(s)

Interesting

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    254 Post(s)

Anyone else heard of these?

mazdakid is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

A friend got a pair of 12s about 9 years ago at a flea market kinda thing we have around here. They were real ****** back then though. He upgraded to some bazooka 12s from best buy and hit 129.5 on the tl.

traded-pickup1, power-fanatic07, fbi90909
    sold to-superspank, dumple, JoeRa22, sub-FATHER, TrlcKed_OuT, rosrock, dcole18, RaiN, BassAddictJ, tommyk90, MANTI5, Micah_Jones, mrflamboynt, g6ryder, rebelfromva, n8skow

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    254 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mazdakid View Post
    A friend got a pair of 12s about 9 years ago at a flea market kinda thing we have around here. They were real ****** back then though. He upgraded to some bazooka 12s from best buy and hit 129.5 on the tl.
    With 4 Q Power 15's we hit a 148.

mazdakid is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

They've probably improved the subs a little bit in the last 9 years.

traded-pickup1, power-fanatic07, fbi90909
    sold to-superspank, dumple, JoeRa22, sub-FATHER, TrlcKed_OuT, rosrock, dcole18, RaiN, BassAddictJ, tommyk90, MANTI5, Micah_Jones, mrflamboynt, g6ryder, rebelfromva, n8skow

I Like Waffle is offline Be Swangin'

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

The q power black mamba looks like a decent sub, but with a rivaling price to the type R, im not gonna try it. After seeing the wire q power sells, i probably wont ever try anything from them. Theres a pawn shop brand around here called "q logic" and they sell some pretty nice looking subs, im talking 15s with 4 spoke baskets and triple stack motors, in a pawn shop.

You should check out pyramid model pw1586x on ebay, they pwn every other sub in the 50$ range, lol.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    254 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DrChronic View Post
    The q power black mamba looks like a decent sub, but with a rivaling price to the type R, im not gonna try it. After seeing the wire q power sells, i probably wont ever try anything from them. Theres a pawn shop brand around here called "q logic" and they sell some pretty nice looking subs, im talking 15s with 4 spoke baskets and triple stack motors, in a pawn shop.

You should check out pyramid model pw1586x on ebay, they pwn every other sub in the 50$ range, lol.
    The Q Power Deluxe aren't that much, maybe like 135-150 a piece.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast