Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Will my amp push these subs?

SCcobra4me is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Will my amp push these subs?

I'm looking to add two Pioneer Premier TS-W1008D2's and am running them off of an old school Punch 200, just wondering if this will be enough power. I know the subs require 350 RMS and that amp will get about 200-250 a piece to them or will I be underpowering them.

mclerico83 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Re: Will my amp push these subs?

Cadence ZRS6000D 1400 Watt Class D Mono Block Amplifier - eBay (item 260571789630 end time Apr-18-10 12:55:14 PDT)
    much better option rated at 13.8 so will put out more at 14.4 and mono so much more efficient hurry and get it, plus you have dual 2's and you cant hook them up to that amp its a 2 channel and at 4 ohm a channel you wont get 200rms a piece

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm not looking to go crazy here, I just got that punch 200 and it was basically free and works fine so I'm just looking to use that and add a sub or two for some bass. I was looking at the dual 1 ohm Mach5 ixl 10", I could run that at 4 ohms and run that Punch 200 perfectly into that couldn't it. Or a Sundown 8"?? I have no idea, I'm an old school car stereo guy and have no idea what's out there today. I just don't want to need a bigger or separate battery, etc.

Thank's for the input, I've been out of the game for so long and just want to add some bass. And yeah I seen that I wouldn't be able to run those two subs the way I want, I could run one 12" though right?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

i would go with one sice 12

SSA Shop - SSA Dcon 12D4 subwoofer300rms

amazing subs get the single 4 and be happy

or

http://www.dcsoundlab.com/woofers.html
    1 dc level 2
    or 2 dc level 2's

great pricing on the dc's amazing subs just call them direct

those are the subs id get

kr15 is offline Polluting Residentials

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

That old punch will supply adequate power. The pioneer are low level subs

Team Flex Issues
    45s out the trunk..lowww

REFS- Supergumby5000, Lastcall, 919motoring, hippishake, daboyfromdabx (great seller), beach22

audioholic is offline Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mclerico83 View Post
    i would go with one sice 12

SSA Shop - SSA Dcon 12D4 subwoofer300rms

amazing subs get the single 4 and be happy

or

DC Audio - Woofers
    1 dc level 2
    or 2 dc level 2's

great pricing on the dc's amazing subs just call them direct

those are the subs id get
    Are you even reading what he is asking?

No speaker, in the history of speakers, has ever been blown by too little power. Ever. I don't care what your friend told you, he's a dirty liar.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

yes he has 2 posts and hasnt bought speakers and has asked what subs should he get

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Now now kids, lol. Like I said I just don't know what's out there, I was big into car audio when I was 15-24, now I'm 34. So I know JL, RF, ADS, PPI, a lot of the old school stuff. I'm kind of impressed with the Mach5 ixl 10" but want to push whatever I hook up to that Punch to match fairly good.

I'm just looking for the biggest bang for my buck, it took me 4 JL 12's back then with a PPI A1200 to get to 146 db's and now I'm seeing that and then some being reached with a 10" or a pair of 8's. Kind of hard to believe but like I said, I don't know what's out there which is why I joined this site looking for help.

I'm not looking to do anything else (in this car at leat) then a h/u, amp, and sub or two. Thanks for the help guys.

So how do you guys feel about the Mach5 mentioned or a Sundown 8 or 10???

audioholic is offline Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SCcobra4me View Post
    Now now kids, lol. Like I said I just don't know what's out there, I was big into car audio when I was 15-24, now I'm 34. So I know JL, RF, ADS, PPI, a lot of the old school stuff. I'm kind of impressed with the Mach5 ixl 10" but want to push whatever I hook up to that Punch to match fairly good.

I'm just looking for the biggest bang for my buck, it took me 4 JL 12's back then with a PPI A1200 to get to 146 db's and now I'm seeing that and then some being reached with a 10" or a pair of 8's. Kind of hard to believe but like I said, I don't know what's out there which is why I joined this site looking for help.

I'm not looking to do anything else (in this car at leat) then a h/u, amp, and sub or two. Thanks for the help guys.

So how do you guys feel about the Mach5 mentioned or a Sundown 8 or 10???
    Also keep in mind most scores you see today are on a TL, where as your 146 was no doubt on an AC, judging by the time frame. Your 146 would be more like a 140-142 today. Speaker tech has made some leaps the past decade, and watts have become ridiculously cheap.

No speaker, in the history of speakers, has ever been blown by too little power. Ever. I don't care what your friend told you, he's a dirty liar.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
    Also keep in mind most scores you see today are on a TL, where as your 146 was no doubt on an AC, judging by the time frame. Your 146 would be more like a 140-142 today. Speaker tech has made some leaps the past decade, and watts have become ridiculously cheap.
    So what would you recommend for what I have?? I'm kind of impressed with the Mach5's and the sundown's, what do you think?

And with my daily driver being a Kia that I drive back and forth to work mainly, I don't want anything more than a h/u, amp and sub/s. I just want to most bang for my buck for under $200.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

you wont have the power 4 a mah 5 ixl thats why i recomend the ssa dcon, i love the mach 5 subs but u want 800 to 1000 rms each,

bang for buck 4 ur setup
    PPI PCX 104 10" 600W Dual 4-Ohm Subwoofer p/n 28107 - eBay (item 200443911114 end time Mar-27-10 18:30:04 PDT)
    ssa dcon
    Cerwin-Vega Vega-104 (vega104) - 10" Subwoofers - Sonic Electronix
    Boston Acoustics G110-44 (g11044) - 10" Subwoofers - Sonic Electronix

or id wait for the fi x to come out should be an amazing sub

RAM_Designs is offline SketchUp Master

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)

I ran 250watts each to my IXL's...just have to build the box around what kind of power you have. 1kw is good if you're putting them in a small ported box, like 1ft^3. But make that box a little bigger and you can reach mechanical limits with half the power.

1,400+ designs since March 2011...
    I have my PM's turned off, please email at [email protected]

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mclerico83 View Post
    you wont have the power 4 a mah 5 ixl thats why i recomend the ssa dcon, i love the mach 5 subs but u want 800 to 1000 rms each,

bang for buck 4 ur setup
    PPI PCX 104 10" 600W Dual 4-Ohm Subwoofer p/n 28107 - eBay (item 200443911114 end time Mar-27-10 18:30:04 PDT)
    ssa dcon
    Cerwin-Vega Vega-104 (vega104) - 10" Subwoofers - Sonic Electronix
    Boston Acoustics G110-44 (g11044) - 10" Subwoofers - Sonic Electronix

or id wait for the fi x to come out should be an amazing sub
    So two of the DVC PPI's would work I'm guessing, I'd be running them right around RMS at 4 ohms. This doesn't sound like a bad idea. Any idea how these compare to the old school PPI Pro's. I had a pair of those years back and loved them.

I'd rather go for the 12's for $10 more a piece seeing how the need the same power? But I'm interested in them and was wondering if I'd have the power for the Mach 5's, thanks for the help on that. I didn't want to get something and underpower them. I see I can't get the PPI Pro's, not with 1000rms.

Closed Thread