Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Need help with a subwoofer in a 2001 Yukon XL

biglurr54 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Need help with a subwoofer in a 2001 Yukon XL

i have recently upgraded all the door speakers and now have my highs and mids covered with MB quarts Components it the front doors and 6.5 kappas in the rear doors. Now i am moving on to the sub woofer. the stock sub is an 8 inch and theres not much for options to put in the stock location. (too shallow) so i have decided to put a sub in the back cargo area. i am going with 10 inch too keep the size down. im trying to create a hifi sound system more than a block shaker. i am only going to put in one 10 ich woofer to compliment the components. my question is which sub set up should i go with. a 10 w3 with a jl 250/1 amp or a 10w7 with a jl 500/1 amp? obviously everyone will say the w7 because its more powerfull and alot more expensive! Is it worth it? also what should i do for enclosures on either sub? sealed? ported? i have a 10 in bazooka tube that i was going to use if possible. will the w7 sound ok in it? would i be better off with a sealed box? i would like to keep my cargo area as empty as possible thats why i like the bazooka tube. shine some light on the subject for me.

Bumpin' Goalie is offline Magic 8 Ball

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Need help with a subwoofer in a 2001 Yukon XL

IDMax or IDQ

SSA Dcon

IA Flatlyne

Fi Q

Please explore other options before going with JL (not hating, just being thorough)

Edit: Changed some around to keep in same budget/power (mostly)

System Layout help available via PM.

My system:
    Sounds good.

biglurr54 is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i have honestly never heard of any of those brands! I have had good luck with JL and i have great deals on both set ups. 10w3 with 250 amp for $175 and 10w7 with 500/1 for $400 can i even buy one of the speakers you mentioned above for $400?

fasfocus00 is online now doITdaWHITEwayORdoITtwice

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by biglurr54 View Post
    i have recently upgraded all the door speakers and now have my highs and mids covered with MB quarts Components it the front doors and 6.5 kappas in the rear doors. Now i am moving on to the sub woofer. the stock sub is an 8 inch and theres not much for options to put in the stock location. (too shallow) so i have decided to put a sub in the back cargo area. i am going with 10 inch too keep the size down. im trying to create a hifi sound system more than a block shaker. i am only going to put in one 10 ich woofer to compliment the components. my question is which sub set up should i go with. a 10 w3 with a jl 250/1 amp or a 10w7 with a jl 500/1 amp? obviously everyone will say the w7 because its more powerfull and alot more expensive! Is it worth it? also what should i do for enclosures on either sub? sealed? ported? i have a 10 in bazooka tube that i was going to use if possible. will the w7 sound ok in it? would i be better off with a sealed box? i would like to keep my cargo area as empty as possible thats why i like the bazooka tube. shine some light on the subject for me.
    i bet only 1or2 ppl will choose from either of those option. you'd be amazed at what kinda of sound and power you could get for $400 if you don't get a mainstream retail price only brand.

Here is my feedback Thread: http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showth...ght=fasfocus00

"If you ain't cheatin', You ain't trying"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Id go with the ID.

fasfocus00 is online now doITdaWHITEwayORdoITtwice

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

if space is really a concern for you, you might want to go with a 12" Fi.IB

Here is my feedback Thread: http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showth...ght=fasfocus00

"If you ain't cheatin', You ain't trying"

Sir-Lancelot is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

SSA Icon.

Closed Thread