Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Which for SQ: eD K's, Infinity Perfects, or Alpine Type R's?

BaTooK is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Which for SQ: eD K's, Infinity Perfects, or Alpine Type R's?

I have an old Kicker ZR120 amp that puts out 180Watts at 2ohms. I want to use this to push 2 10"s in a 1.5 cu. ft. (total) sealed box and get more SQ than SPL, maybe like 60/40. My top choices are:
    1) eD K's (anyone heard the Kx's? are they comparable to the K's? Since I have low wattage and a small box would the Kx's work better for me? I kinda like the idea of spending $150 instead of $250...are the K's really worth the extra $$?)
    2) Infinity Kappa Perfects
    3) Alpine Type R's

I was looking at the Adire Shivas but it doesnt look like they make 'em in a 10", and JL is too pricey. Any other brands/models in this range I should be considering?

Thanks.

wickedmax is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Which for SQ: eD K's, Infinity Perfects, or Alpine Type R's?

whats up batook, im in the same boat on gettin good SQ on a budget, and personaly im leaning towards 2 - 10" type R's , but from the info i've been gathering from others, i doubt 180 watts would be enough to push them. but i know i wasn't much help, but i dont know anything about the eD K's. but good luck anyways

BaTooK is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well I used to use the amp to push 2 Kicker Comp 12"s and that thing hit like crazy and got so loud my ears hurt and I'd see tracers of car headlights in my rearview (of course the box was 4.5 cu ft so less power would work better with it). But I don't need that much boom anymore I just want something to fill in the low end with quality good sounding bass. I mostly listen to punk and metal so I need something that can hit quick and acurate double-bass and not sound all farty or blur the bass drums.

As for the type R's, that's what I was leaning towards until I saw a few posts strongly recommending the eD K's over the type R's for both SQ and more SPL. I have never heard of eD before visiting this forum so I'd like to hear someone's opinion on how they compare to these other 2 major brands, especially for my applications and with the box/amp I plan to use.

Also if someone could compare the K's to the Kx's in this same context that would be great.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BaTooK
    Well I used to use the amp to push 2 Kicker Comp 12"s and that thing hit like crazy and got so loud my ears hurt and I'd see tracers of car headlights in my rearview (of course the box was 4.5 cu ft so less power would work better with it). But I don't need that much boom anymore I just want something to fill in the low end with quality good sounding bass. I mostly listen to punk and metal so I need something that can hit quick and acurate double-bass and not sound all farty or blur the bass drums.

As for the type R's, that's what I was leaning towards until I saw a few posts strongly recommending the eD K's over the type R's for both SQ and more SPL. I have never heard of eD before visiting this forum so I'd like to hear someone's opinion on how they compare to these other 2 major brands, especially for my applications and with the box/amp I plan to use.

Also if someone could compare the K's to the Kx's in this same context that would be great.
    my friend has a 12" type r hooked up to a jbl 600.1 and it slams... but it has blown twice. you can get away with 150 watts to each ten and you should be fine if you get the type r's

lexiphanic is offline eD rocks :)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have a perfect right now. It sounds good, but I believe the Ks are tighter. On the Perfect's side, it does the subsonics a bit better than the Ks.

Bavarian3 is offline Ownz joo

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i dont think 180 watts is enough for 2 10" subs. Id go with the Kx's.....

Upcoming SQ competition ready install...
    -Eclipse cd8053
    -Image Dynamics Cd1Pro MH
    -Image Dynamics 6.5" mids with CX motors and poly cone in custom fiberglass kick panels
    -12" Stereo Integrity Magnum in large sealed fiberglass wheel well enclosure.
    -Viper d1200.1 (sub), Viper 400.2 (mids), David Navone Amp-100 (horns)

denim is online now SSAudio.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

ED vote here

CarAudio.com mod(original)

Closed Thread