Closed Thread

Reload Thread: DD 3515 box confusion

surreal is offline On my katy perry sht

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

DD 3515 box confusion

The DD site recommends up to 4.5cu for the 15" subs. Would you all recommend doing the full 4.5?

I was thinking about 4cu after displacement. I want the best output possible without distorting anything (to a practical extent).

Im thinking about making my box 20x33x11 for my Maxima trunk, facing the sub upwards, and the port straight back into the cabin between the seats. Thatll give me about 4cu after displacement.
    Then with 4*16 = 64sq inches of port area.. This follows their 16 inches per 1 cubic foot rule, but how does this come into play to tune to my goal of 35hz?

Here is an example of how I plan on building the box. If I fill in numbers A and B to give me 64sq inches of port area, then thats a completely different tuning than 35hz. Am I missing something? Can anyone fill in A and B correctly for me and/or explain this?

So confused guys, thanks.

Edit-Oh, also I tried to make the port size close to a 4:1 ratio I think Ive seen reccomended. I would do 2.75" wide but Ive read dont make them smaller than 3.

surreal is offline On my katy perry sht

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Re: DD 3515 box confusion

TTT I need this ASAP guys.

Closed Thread