Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

NEW JL 12 W7's

Alright these subs are the tightest **** i have ever gotten to listen to. i decided to put 2 into my blazer and they hit harder than ****. i am running 2 PPI 2200 amps each sub gets its own.... they absolutely hit .. makes cd placer skip if too high ........... my ****ing windshield wipers jump close to 1.5 inches off the glass no lie.... clean as can be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--==~CJ~==--

audiolife is offline WhAt?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    put a drum track in and tell me if you feel the same about them lol

Sony Mobile ES C-90 Audison Bit-One
    Audison LRx 3.1 MT
    Hertz HSK 130
    Mid Bass ?
    DB Drive K5 15
    Kinetik 1400HC
    avital 2200 alarm
    dynamat extreme

CjInCal is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Who the hell would put in a drum track?

why would i do a stupid thing like that. jees the things peple say ........
    lol

--==~CJ~==--

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    well if it is really that good it wouldnt have a problem doing it well would it? its on the iasca disc too....

Audison LRx 3.1 MT
    Hertz HSK 130
    Mid Bass ?
    DB Drive K5 15
    Kinetik 1400HC
    avital 2200 alarm
    dynamat extreme

jellydime is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I assume CjInCal is an SPL'er and isn't interested in too much SQ, so I suppose it doesn't make any difference, but for the money JL wants for the W7's you could get a very very VERY good SPL woofer that I'm sure would do the same thing to your windshield wipers...the W7 is not an SPL woofer, it is a SQ woofer...A very LOUD SQ woofer, but a SQ woofer none the less. I also assume that CjlnCal isn't aware of the apparent problems that the new W7's pose...Bad response at higher sub-bass frequencies, certain sounds just don't seem right and this causes a problem if you are strictly interested in SQ (hopefully this will be remedied by next year's model)
    CjlnCal, my advice to you would be to shop around a bit and see if you can find another SPL woofer that would be just as loud, it would probably save you some money as long as you don't mind losing some Sound Quality
    Keep it loud!
    JELLYDIME

CjInCal is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

ok suppose that you were correct

suppose that i didnt have hookups and couldnt get these speakers for cost.. (which i did and can) also everything else i have gotten was at cost and i do install it all myself and make the boxes for subzzz. maybe if you didnt know a ******* thing about how to tune up your amp and eq and put the eq boost for the extra "(Bad response at higher sub-bass frequencies, certain sounds just don't seem right )" maybe just maybe you would be correct. but in fact these subs are everthing they are made out to be. the push air like 15's and they just plain old pound with perfect and i do mean perfect response to all the beats that i have listened to on them ranging from rap, techno, bass, country, rock(with drums in them) and alternative.. i think they do **** up a lot of wattage but hey there are tradeoffs when u want quality.. and yes its true other brands have stuff that sound close to them but for how long ???? a year, a month?? u never know with those brands .. i mean look at the hype that came out about the solo barics when they went square.. yeah they hit too but they got major problems compared to my jl's at least i know what i have is quality and i paid less that what most of you gusy did for your systems.. unless ur a dealer that is... so im happy with it all... thanx for your time peace out!!!!!!!!!!

--==~CJ~==--

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    First off, I just thought I'd let you know that I always have been and always will be a huge JL Freak...I've always loved their equipment and in most cases, they are the only subs I use. As for your comment regarding my inability to tune an amp and eq, I assure you that is not true I am not saying that these are not good subs, they do sound good, but just like any other product, it may have a few slight problems and because we all arent blessed with hookups that can get these at cost, the price is a little steep for some of us. If you do not believe me, simply read some of the reviews that have been done on the W7...JL is an amazing company that set a new standard in SQ subs a long time ago and the reason they get criticism is because the expectations are so high! And knowing JL, I'm sure they'll do something to not only fix the problem, but also raise the bar again.
    JELLYDIME

bumpin_blazer is offline Only the Strong Survive

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Here is all you need to say about the W7.......not as good a sub for SPL as some other's that are designed for SQ but can also do SPL. second, WAY and i mean WAY WAY WAY overpriced. and last the IDMAX is like a **** load better than the W7's oh and what do you know the W7 kinda resembles the IDMAX which a friend pointed out to me and hhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm wow the IDMAX has been out longer. JL needs to come up with their own design next time and make a better sub for next year. i would take my 2 IDMAX 12's on with your W7's and beat you for SQ or SPL dude. i have a blazer and now i have to go get a new windshield as well as a new tailgate window b/c my IDMAX's blew out the windows. enough said right there.

keep it thumpin,
    adam

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    When did you get the idmax's, cuz a couple days ago you were talking about your 4 RF's

last time i went to a comp. i hit 156.2 db with 4 HE2 12"s and 1 1000.1bd amplifier running at a 2 ohjm load. i changed my setup on thursday to run my amp at an 8 ohm load wich only get's 1/4 the power so instead of getting 1400 @2ohms like i was i'm now getting only 350 watts to my setup. used my friends SPL mic. last night after i got off work and hit 144.3 or something close to that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i got my IDMAx's from a friend yesterday morning hooked up today. he came up to me on sunday and was like dude i can get you 2 IDMAX 12"s brand new for 500 for both of them. so i jumped on that wrote a check bought them monday morning and put them in yesterday.

keep it thumpin,
    adam

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well then you won't be needin those RF's, so you can give them to me!!!!
    JELLYDIME

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hehe true true. but i sold them puppies for as much as i paid for the IDMAX 12"s i thought that was a good deal. 2 IDMAX 12"s the best out there basically a straight up trade for 4 RF's

keep it thumpin,
    adam

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Seein as how you said the IDMAX's were brand new, I'd say you did pretty d@mn good for 4 used HE2's!!!!
    Keep it loud!
    JELLYDIME

millinivation is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: ok suppose that you were correct

Originally posted by CjInCal
    [B.. i mean look at the hype that came out about the solo barics when they went square.. yeah they hit too but they got major problems compared to my jl's at least i know what i have is quality and i paid less that what most of you gusy did for your systems.. unless ur a dealer that is... [/B]
    exactly what are all the major problems that the solo barics have vs. the w7s.maybe the reason it appears to you that solo barics have more problems than w7s is
    first-because you have w7s and not solo barics and you are going to think that your subs are better than the rest
    second-the solo barics were around so long before the w7s that they have been marked with a few known problems. of course the w7s will not have many known problems yet because they have been on the market a very short time.you cannot compare a number of problems that have been found in about a month or so in the w7s to the problems that have arisen in the solo barics in the past few years. of course the solo barics appear to have more problems than w7s , they have been out a lot longer. wait till the w7s have been out a year or two then compare
    not to say w7s are bad they are a good sub(and jl a great company)but not at all for the amount of money they cost.and it is not how much you paid for your system it is how it performs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Re: ok suppose that you were correct

Originally posted by CjInCal
    suppose that i didnt have hookups and couldnt get these speakers for cost.. (which i did and can) also everything else i have gotten was at cost and i do install it all myself and make the boxes for subzzz. maybe if you didnt know a ******* thing about how to tune up your amp and eq and put the eq boost for the extra "(Bad response at higher sub-bass frequencies, certain sounds just don't seem right )" maybe just maybe you would be correct. but in fact these subs are everthing they are made out to be. the push air like 15's and they just plain old pound with perfect and i do mean perfect response to all the beats that i have listened to on them ranging from rap, techno, bass, country, rock(with drums in them) and alternative.. i think they do **** up a lot of wattage but hey there are tradeoffs when u want quality.. and yes its true other brands have stuff that sound close to them but for how long ???? a year, a month?? u never know with those brands .. i mean look at the hype that came out about the solo barics when they went square.. yeah they hit too but they got major problems compared to my jl's at least i know what i have is quality and i paid less that what most of you gusy did for your systems.. unless ur a dealer that is... so im happy with it all... thanx for your time peace out!!!!!!!!!!
    @cost wow usually when i get stuff its 30 % under cost ...lets just pretend i never did anything in audio or better yet lets just say i dont have ears...better yet lets talk about 99.9% of what people reading this would be paying retail, not have 1/3 octive digital eq's, 36db per octive xovers.............. as far as the solo's my friend (that has the first run L7) beats the crap out of them everyday and they have been clipped over played in a bad box ....... still work look and act fine never replaced them....on another note he cooked a set of jl w0's not saying jl is bad at all its just that when you use terms about , there usually turn about replies that can say the samething in reverse

Audison LRx 3.1 MT
    Hertz HSK 130
    Mid Bass ?
    DB Drive K5 15
    Kinetik 1400HC
    avital 2200 alarm
    dynamat extreme

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast