Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Reload Thread: How much more will my 15's take?

jbang917 is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: How much more will my 15's take?

Quote Originally Posted by 350zspl View Post
    they don't want to warranty drivers

1 each 1500 on each driver if your using a sundown will be way more power than your seeing now

they are dual 2's , run a 1 ohm load on each you'll see 1600 watts x 1 @ 1 ohm off 14 volts maybe more

better have 2 each 800 kinetics, and replace your factory batt with the largest kinetic that will fit in your tray, and make 2 1/0 awg runs from your alt to your factory battery
    Went ahead and ordered my batts. I will be running a total of 2 kinetic 800 and then replacing my stock with a 1400. Got a TON of 1/0 so hopefully I will be done with some glassing projects when my batts get here so I can focus on some wiring.

For the sake of keeping it RF I think I am going to see what happens if I run T1500-1bd's. Hopefully I dont blow out a sub. Guess I should get started on a build log.... I see tons of work in my future. Thanks for the suggestions.

-Jason

Early phases of my build but it is as follows...

05 Magnum R/T
    Two Fosgate T215D2's for bumpin. Pioneer AVH-P3100 dvd. Custom two tone, smoke tail lights/head lights (all painted myself). Custom Fiberglass center dash bezel (stok radio is single din so I had to make it double din)

Current projects...
    Custom fiberglass door panels and rear tail gate panel. Getting started soon on the mids and highs system. Also currently working on some apholstery stuff.

350zspl is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jbang917 View Post
    Went ahead and ordered my batts. I will be running a total of 2 kinetic 800 and then replacing my stock with a 1400. Got a TON of 1/0 so hopefully I will be done with some glassing projects when my batts get here so I can focus on some wiring.

For the sake of keeping it RF I think I am going to see what happens if I run T1500-1bd's. Hopefully I dont blow out a sub. Guess I should get started on a build log.... I see tons of work in my future. Thanks for the suggestions.
    i may very well be wrong
    do the new rockford t1500's make power at 2 ohms? and not 1 ohm ?

get your batts and wiring updated before dropping in 2 new amps

RF will yield more than rated power at least 5-10%

try to get an alt

after all this power is dedicated to your subs , you may drown out your factory front stage and it may need to be addressed so tuck some $ aside

dbeez (Sold To SAZ4500)***nate2587 (Sold To)***executor485 (Sold To)
    hemi=22s (Sold To RE MT 12)***badvlvo (Sold To)***kharps (Sold To)
    rumblebee2 (Sold To SAZ1500)***Phand (Sold To)***ricoshay (Sold To)
    46panel (Sold To SAZ1500)***Sacking74 (Sold To SAZ1500)***audiophile831(Traded With)
    hrtbrk1 (Sold To SAX50.4)***streetglow (Sold To)***happyboy423 (Sold To CDT Comps)
    njaykaplan (Traded With Stetsom 2K6D)***plang (Sold To)***black bonnie (Sold To Sundown 1000)
    Vitveet (Sold To Dozens Of Times)***Masta Ace (Sold To)
    Ionsql (Bought From Enclosure)***joe98chevy (Sold To)
    Beerdrkr (Sold To Amp)***Kraudio (Sold To)

audioholic is offline Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Manufacturer RMS ratings are mostly based off of thermal limits, while you mentioning suspension parts and excursion is a mechanical limitation, which is based as much on enclosure size/type as it is on simple wattage figures.

No speaker, in the history of speakers, has ever been blown by too little power. Ever. I don't care what your friend told you, he's a dirty liar.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 350zspl View Post
    i may very well be wrong
    do the new rockford t1500's make power at 2 ohms? and not 1 ohm ?

get your batts and wiring updated before dropping in 2 new amps

RF will yield more than rated power at least 5-10%

try to get an alt

after all this power is dedicated to your subs , you may drown out your factory front stage and it may need to be addressed so tuck some $ aside
    RF rates the t1500's at 1000 watt @2ohm. So I figure run each VC on its own seperate amp and I should be nearing the limit of what my sub will handle.

Basically I got the batts on their way so I will take care of them first. Once I eventually get the amps in I will see how the car takes that load and go from there. I think I see an alternator in my future cause I also need to build a mid bass and mids/highs system.

-Jason

05 Magnum R/T
    Two Fosgate T215D2's for bumpin. Pioneer AVH-P3100 dvd. Custom two tone, smoke tail lights/head lights (all painted myself). Custom Fiberglass center dash bezel (stok radio is single din so I had to make it double din)

Current projects...
    Custom fiberglass door panels and rear tail gate panel. Getting started soon on the mids and highs system. Also currently working on some apholstery stuff.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
    Manufacturer RMS ratings are mostly based off of thermal limits, while you mentioning suspension parts and excursion is a mechanical limitation, which is based as much on enclosure size/type as it is on simple wattage figures.
    So what you are saying is that if I build the enclosure to a specific dimension I can "expand" if you will, the limits of my suspension and mechanical parts?

-Jason

05 Magnum R/T

Current projects...

njaykaplan is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Pretty sure that Magnum comes with a decent 150 amp alternator, i know my Charger did back in 05/06. You also should have gotten bigger than a 1400, since your batterys in the trunk already, you basically could have fit any size you wanted. Any reason why you want a few smaller amps vs a RF T3000 or T4000? (I think they make the 3, i dont keep up on RF though?.)

Quote Originally Posted by 02parkave View Post
    in conclusion, buy one, or jesus will kill a puppy.
    Quote Originally Posted by TSGP View Post
    im a veteran car audio guy and i've blown almost everything....
    Quote Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
    Did I mention that Im working on uncovering a sinister plot that involves eD funding global terrorism, and an illegal dog fighting ring? Every eD purchase helps terrorists kill babies and little puppies.

You really want that on your conscience?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^if the RF T1500 do 1000 rms at 2 ohms and you put one on each dvc 2 ohm 15" driver you will be giving the subs what RF says you should 1000 watts each

though all RF do a bit more than rated on 14 volts

as long as your happy with all RF equipment that is what matters

I used to be heavy into RF as well a few years back

46panel (Sold To SAZ1500)***Sacking74 (Sold To SAZ1500)***audiophile831(Traded With)
    hrtbrk1 (Sold To SAX50.4)***streetglow (Sold To)***happyboy423 (Sold To CDT Comps)
    njaykaplan (Traded With Stetsom 2K6D)***plang (Sold To)***black bonnie (Sold To Sundown 1000)

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by njaykaplan View Post
    Pretty sure that Magnum comes with a decent 150 amp alternator, i know my Charger did back in 05/06. You also should have gotten bigger than a 1400, since your batterys in the trunk already, you basically could have fit any size you wanted. Any reason why you want a few smaller amps vs a RF T3000 or T4000? (I think they make the 3, i dont keep up on RF though?.)
    Fosgate makes up to a t2500 mono amp. I want to keep it mono but I was thinking about doing the smaller amps so I could run at 2ohms for better efficiency and still get a couple thousand watts to each sub.

-Jason

05 Magnum R/T

Current projects...

snoopdan is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

you'll know when you smell the odor of victory from them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by snoopdan View Post
    you'll know when you smell the odor of victory from them.
    cliff note version ^^^^

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2