Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Need help deciding which old school RE Audio sub to use

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Need help deciding which old school RE Audio sub to use

Hello all,
    I'm trying to decide which old sub of mine I want to send off for repair so I can reuse it. It will be going into a sealed 1.2 cu ft enclosure in the trunk of my Mustang convertible. I recieved the price quote from fixmyspeaker.com(very decent price) and the prices are basically the same between the two different subs.

My choices are:
    1 - RE XXX 18 circa 2003
    2 - RE SEXXX 12s circa 2003

I only need one sub, so it's an either or type of thing. The SEXXX had an SE motor w/XXX soft parts & since the XXX soft parts probably aren't what's being used it will revert back to an SE(somewhat). The XXX 18 would be rebasketed into a 12" if I chose to go that route and I could still make use of the glorious XBL^2 tech. What is everyone's thoughts? The sub will be connected to the sub channel of a RF 25 to Life Power1000 and see about 800 or so WRMS @ 1Ohm. Thanks for reading!

Working on new build out
    Purchases so far: RF 25 To Life Power1000, 80 Sq Ft Damplifier, 3 Gallons of SS Spectrum Spray, Hertz HSK165, Hertz HCX165, Pioneer AVIC-F90BT, Monster 6ch RCA Cable, 20' 1/0 Knu KLMX Power Cable, 20' 1/0 Knu KLMX Ground Cable, 100' Karma SS 16 Gauge Speaker Wire, 12" Thunderform Stealth Enclosure, 8" Kicker CVT 8"

Last Step will be getting my old school 18" XXX reconed/rebasketed into a 12"

Refs: undeadxsunshine
    Feedback Thread

misfit138 is offline a whole new type of aids

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Re: Need help deciding which old school RE Audio sub to use

I don't see any reason to run the XXX if you're only going to feed it 800 watts, but that's just my humble opinion...

I shot out muh mom's vag with bossing papers in hand.

Cameron_B is offline Single Cab Loud

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sexxx

Past scores-

2x re SE + aq2200 2.8 SEALED in 1995 Camaro

Custom PSI 10" 5.25 depth ported aq2200 1994 ford ranger

RE SR 10" on ED 9.2x 1994 ford ranger ported

Lil Poot is offline you sturrin at me brah?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

you'll be reconing the XXX anyway if you make it a 12. i would use the XXX motor and go with a teampsi recone kit designed for the power level you're running. i bet he could build you a real light efficient cone assembly for that motor.

thats what i'd do if i was only keeping one motor anyway, to allow for future power upgrades or recones. i'm a crazy guy that just likes to recone subs though. if i was keeping both, i'd probably use an se for now and keep the xxx motor in the closet for a while

Alpine W205/H701
    Revolution Design D9 - 2 AQ HDC3 18s
    Genesis Profile Four Ultra - Creative SDX7 mids, TBI HDSS tweets
    Iraggi 240a, Optima g34 YT, 3 C&D 134ah, 15.3v MLA module, 120 ft 1/0, 200 ft^2 RAAMmat

WTT/S - 2 HDC3 18s, RD HW 10, 880prs + ipod + 6 disc changer, Alumapro ALC6.2 Components, Zed built US Acoustics USA4050 + USA2200, Fisher Customs boxes

Topless Stang is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks guys. I'm not getting rid of anything...just wondered what setup I should go with. I'd be feeding it 800WRMS that's a decent amount of power...not disgusting by some accounts on this board lol. I've been talking to TeamPSI(Dave) and I think I settled on getting 18" XXX busted down to a 12" and using it instead of one of the SeXXXs. When I break down and finally get a beater to drive back and forth to work I'll break my DD9515 out of storage and build a decent sized ported box for that. I'm contemplating getting the SeXXXs reconed at a later date and putting them in my girl's car.

Working on new build out
    Purchases so far: RF 25 To Life Power1000, 80 Sq Ft Damplifier, 3 Gallons of SS Spectrum Spray, Hertz HSK165, Hertz HCX165, Pioneer AVIC-F90BT, Monster 6ch RCA Cable, 20' 1/0 Knu KLMX Power Cable, 20' 1/0 Knu KLMX Ground Cable, 100' Karma SS 16 Gauge Speaker Wire, 12" Thunderform Stealth Enclosure, 8" Kicker CVT 8"

Last Step will be getting my old school 18" XXX reconed/rebasketed into a 12"

Refs: undeadxsunshine
    Feedback Thread

Closed Thread