Closed Thread

Reload Thread: What to go with in crew cab truck

killintime is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What to go with in crew cab truck

Okay so i want to put anywhere between 2-4 subs behind my rear truck seat. Its a 06 crew cab gmc 2500 and i measured what i can fit. Is a box with the following dimensions
    Bottom depth 6"
    Top Depth 5"
    Height 14"
    length 54"

These are the max dimensions on box size and still give about 3/4 inch room for speaker movement

i have a audioque 1200 amp already for the subs please recommend what you think i should go with i would like some SQ

What about 4 8inch e8s sealed??? any better options would like to stay under $500 for the speakers ....even open to shallow mount 10s .........but just think getting bass out of 8inch subs would be neat ......what other 8inch subs would sound good sealed and does anyone have any experience with subs ported behind truck seats .....does it work good im not sure i have enough room??

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: What to go with in crew cab truck

What about 4-5 Tang Band w8-740p each one in about .45 cu ft sealed .......just as good as the e8s?

What will 4 of the tang band w8-740p sound like compared to the 2 12" re se sealed in 1 cu ft a piece ...i just pulled out running off the same audioque1200

Need to order these this weekend any help is much appreciated

Louisiana_CRX is offline dem shoes......

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

two DD 1508t's dvc's

Current 2010 Louisiana USACi State Records :

Trunk 0-1000.................. 151.3
    StreetBeat 2................... 145.6
    Stock 1801-up.................153.8
    SuperStock 1801-up..........154.2
    Top three in 11 out of 26 power classes and Louisiana USACi Points Leader at 465

oldschoolboomer is offline Premium Member oldschoolboomer is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I have four w8-740's I've been thinking about throwing under the seat of my pickup. I tried them all in a 1.8-ish sealed box before and they seemed to not like that much air. All deep bass with no impact. 1.2 seems like the ticket for those subs. Ported is where they are really supposed to shine though.
    http://forum.realmofexcursion.com/Vi...c-3.html#watch

06 TJ Unlimited: cz702,q1-3500d.1,(2) ppi p900.4,(2)15-mc52,15-mc1a, 15-mcsq6.5, (2)hdc3 10's, 1 optima d34 under hood, (2) optima d31 out back, 220 amp alternator

refs: RAB - louisiana_crx - fearof85 - vitveet - t00sh0rt - bigboggsy - apsabr - shinju - bender-offender - taintedplay-gln305 - dacheatham - revrider1 - JHardee - jaredspl - bigbangindodge - ridnclean - rxzilla - aztec - got-one-eight - clifff150 - and the list goes on and on.......

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1.2 sealed for all four??? so only about .3 cu ft for each one is what you had best results with. I wish i had the room for ported but i just dont see it happening...as far as the 1508ts i think they are made for ported more than sealed right??? Would 4 dd1508ts hit that much harder than 4 tang bands both of them being in a sealed box???

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Any help out there anyone want to make a purchase and want to do it right the first time

Closed Thread