Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Alpine Sub And Amp Help

REDRANGER03 is offline BLUE OVAL IS BOSS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Alpine Sub And Amp Help

Currently Running Alpine Cda-9815 And Four Alpine 5x7's. I Want To Run 2 Alpine Type R 10's And An Alpine Amp But Cant Decide: Ported Or Sealed Box And What Alpine Amp To Run The Two Tens. I Have Plenty Of Space Not A Problem Ext. Cab Ranger. Does Circuit City Sell Quality Made Boxes, What Brand Is Should I Go With?

Cobb2819 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Alpine Sub And Amp Help

the boxes we sell are great (circuit city) for a store bought box. nothing beats a well built homemade box that it custom to the truck...but the q-logic and custom order boxes we've got are a good alternative. if you're lookign at running 2 type r subs you're gonna want either a good POWERFUL 2 channel, or a mono that is one ohm stable. ciruit city doesn't sell a good one ohm stable amp, but we've got a couple MTX amps that can be bridged to a 4ohm load and make some power. just go in and talk to the guys and see what they say.

Jacob
    Albuquerque, NM
    2000 Honda Civic EX Sedan

nosaj070 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Have loneranger build you a box, you will be much happier. But ported or sealed all depends on your music tastes, if you want punchy bass then go sealed, but if you wanna sacrafice someo f that sq for some more output then go ported. For the amp it seems like you wanna stay all alpine, so an amp to power those very well is going to be pretty expensive.
    http://www.cbrstereo.com/Merchant2/m...ode=ALPINEAMPS
    That would be an option but its expensive, you would also want to make sure you get dvc 2 ohm subs to get the most output from that. If you woudln't mind getting a different branded amp you coudl easily save close to 300 bucks and get about the same output or maybe even alittle more.

Alpine CDA-7995, A/D/S 3 Series Comps, ED 8A, SoundStream Reference 604, 98 Civic Sedan
    AIM: nosaj070

jbl_marshall21 is offline important person

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

well alpine subs, in my opinion are better in sealed. they weren't really made for ported. constructing your own sealed box is very easy, also cheaper. also what would be ur price range on an amp? i'd say buy 2 mrp-m350. get them for 140 new from ikesound. about 100 new on ebay. that will give each of ur subs 350 and that'll move them.

Alpine CDA-9886
    RUX-C701
    PXA-H701
    JL xr-650csi
    JL vr-650cxi
    2 8" W7
    JL HD750/1
    JL HD600/4
    2007 Chevy Trailblazer

Closed Thread