Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Rockford Fosgate Monster Sub????

biggen_bd is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Rockford Fosgate Monster Sub????

Hi I have a couple of questions concerning a sub from Rockford Fosgate. RF has a sub out now that is called the "Team RF" woofer. I am getting the impression that this a competition only subwoofer? Does anyone know anything about the driver? Does it have any sq at all or is it just a gut busting beast. I know it is 2000 watts rms and 4000 watts max. I believe it weighs like 76 lbs. or something. ANy help would be appreciated thanks.

Sub stage: 1 10" Custom REVO
    Amp: SAZ-1500D
    Highs: Bose
    ----------------------------
    F/S 2 12" 2005 RE XXX's D2 & 1 BNIB Factory Custom Audiopulse Revo (w/ Eclipse Ti cone) & 1 MINT used Factory Custom Audiopulse Revo (w/ Eclipse Ti cone)

refs. TheLow, Zeuslicious, tapout, JCivicHb, kowboy, k/t pimp, eglish, Rashaddd, cd6551, Ledoux289, ax600, 09Alti, audio_phill, PioneerSPL1990, TBH1

bigbassman is offline Master of all things loud bigbassman is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Rockford Fosgate Monster Sub????

yes.. 100% for serious SPL competitors..

weighes more than 76 lbs too.. fricking beast..

http://soundillusions.net/sites/bigb...oydwithsub.jpg

theres a pic of the 15" on my head..

Loyd L.

SQL Prolly

denim is offline SSAudio.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    622 Post(s)

they are uber $$$$$, but are no joke, they are dead serious subs, not for daily purposes at all

CarAudio.com mod(original)

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The reason that I am interested in knowing about these drivers is because I want something that I can use for competitions. I have the MTX 9500's which are AMAZING, but I want something that I can use for cempeting. I was planning on keeping what I have for daily driving and when a competition arises I would take my 9500's out and drop in the Team RF subs. Maybe what I have now is good enough for competition, but I just wanted to go that extra mile. Tell what you all think I am open to any and all suggestions thanks.

F/S 2 12" 2005 RE XXX's D2 & 1 BNIB Factory Custom Audiopulse Revo (w/ Eclipse Ti cone) & 1 MINT used Factory Custom Audiopulse Revo (w/ Eclipse Ti cone)

refs. TheLow, Zeuslicious, tapout, JCivicHb, kowboy, k/t pimp, eglish, Rashaddd, cd6551, Ledoux289, ax600, 09Alti, audio_phill, PioneerSPL1990, TBH1

BulldogSr04 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

how do those mtx's compare to the other subs you have heard (also what subs have you heard) mtx has some crap marketing scheme test where they say how the 10 smokes the w7 http://www.mtx.com/caraudio/headtohead/w7.cfm
    i seriously doubt that 15 would compare to the 13.5 w7 but then again i might be wrong.
    and if i went by their standards, the xxx 10 would decimate it in power handeling, box size, and xmax.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Here is a list of subs that I have heard: Audiobahn Flame Frame, Rockford Fosgate Punch HX2, Diamond Audio, Eclipse Al and Ti, W7 (12), Bazooka Triangles, SoloX.

The Audiobahn 15's got smoked in spl and sq. Rockford Fosgate Punch HX2 almost kept up in spl but no where near sq. Diamond Audio was blown anway, but I only heard the 4 10" subs. Eclipse Aliminum didn't get near as loud, but had awesome sq. The Eclipse Titanium held pretty **** close. The Bazooka Triangles got stomped in every category. The 12" W7 had a little better sound quality I believe, but to me personally and the pros around me who were listening all thought that the W7 absolutely didn't get louder by any means and it couldn't hold up very well once a good amount of power was provided to the sub. The 9500 took all the power we tossed at it and it wanted more. The SoloX 18" driver basically beat the crap out of everything in spl and amounts of power it could handle, but obviously it didn't come near to any of the subs in sq.

I am not sure how much this helped you, but all of these diferent sub combos are owned by a variety of my friends. When I had them come to a Pro Audio Shop where I know the owner we had a little listening fun. Let me know if you have any other questions.

LBX2G is offline R.I.P Camofluage

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Those RF subs are 4 serious people like loyd.
    But those u have are comp worthy. hell i seen ppl run with the MTX800

FREE Terrelll"peanut" Grayer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

denim is offline SSAudio.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    622 Post(s)

rememeber most of its the install

CarAudio.com mod(original)

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah I know that most of it is in the install and my install is custom made for the 9500 by a good friend of mine who is a professional installer for MTX so it is very loud my only problem is that since i have this in my ext cab truck, in the back where the seats have been taken out, it isnt't as loud simply beacause I lose pressure being in a truck. Do you or anyone have any ideas on how I might be able to better my system. What I have, system-wise, in in my signature. My truck is a 2002 Chevrolet 3/4 ton Duramax Diesel Ext. Cab. If anyone has any ideas please let me know thanks.

Closed Thread