Reload Thread: Show Me A TC-9+

ciaonzo is offline TheContinental

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Re: Show Me A TC-9+

Quote Originally Posted by Ed.Lester View Post
    if I may- it doesnt matter, as it is a tc sounds driver, and therefor complete TRASH anyhow. whats up cianzo
    I know, I should throw everyone of those fuggin' things in the dumpster, eh?

What took you so long to get here?

Quote Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
    Saying "clipping doesn't kill speakers" is a half-truth at best. Technically no, clipping itself does not hurt the speaker. But in clipping your amp, you can easily create a situation that WILL kill the speaker. Was the squared waveform the DIRECT cause of the failure? No. In the end, the answer is, always has been, and can only be... heat kills speakers. BUT, clipping increases heat generation, sometimes by a drastic amount. So to start a thread simply to state that clipping does not hurt speakers is, again, a half-truth at best.

Ed.Lester is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ciaonzo View Post
    I know, I should throw everyone of those fuggin' things in the dumpster, eh?

What took you so long to get here?
    Dude I dont even know my password. To post I have to log on to my email c/p my password, log in, post. not worth it most the time

I would likely toss em, ya. I gave most of my tc **** away

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Hunger strike until I get an answer.

No, you guys can't have my drivers. They'll be buried with me.

Saying "clipping doesn't kill speakers" is a half-truth at best. Technically no, clipping itself does not hurt the speaker. But in clipping your amp, you can easily create a situation that WILL kill the speaker. Was the squared waveform the DIRECT cause of the failure? No. In the end, the answer is, always has been, and can only be... heat kills speakers. BUT, clipping increases heat generation, sometimes by a drastic amount. So to start a thread simply to state that clipping does not hurt speakers is, again, a half-truth at best.

martiandancer31 is offline Front Towards Enemy

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

i saw someone selling an eclipse 10" driver, like an 8000 I think, which he claimed had a tc9+ motor. You could not see the magnets because they were all covered in heatsink.

link:

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=380064

check this out too
    http://www.caraudioclassifieds.org/f...hp/t-6805.html

looks like the photobucket account for that was deleted. But it may help some, not sure.

http://www.caraudioclassifieds.org/f...ead.php?t=8024

that may show that you are right, ciaonzo, with your theory about the 1" slugs being the "+" version. It even says in the listing "tc9+ motor with 1" slugs"

http://cgi.ebay.com/Audio-Pulse-TC-S...015194007r7536

apparently robot underground has some tc9+ motors floating around. Maybe you could contact them.

here is a listing for an actual "tc9+ motor with 1" slugs"
    http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/boa...hp/t40051.html

by the way, how have you been? I recently acquired a mint eclipse ti 15", for HT use, and emailed you pics, but i'm not sure if you got them.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by martiandancer31 View Post

by the way, how have you been? I recently acquired a mint eclipse ti 15", for HT use, and emailed you pics, but i'm not sure if you got them.
    John? Holy **** bro, PM me and we'll shoot the bull.

martiandancer31 is offline Front Towards Enemy

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

i am still alive and I'm finally going to put that 15" eclipse tc9 i bought from you to good use.

I see the TC sounds museum has some new additions

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Where is Kyle when you need him?

U n K n O w N ? is offline The Supa's Mom Expirence

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Have you seen the new Tc Sounds LMS-R or the Pro 5100? They got them on PartsExpress.com

Subwoofers - 2 15" TC Sounds LMS-5400
    Amplifier - 2 Sundown 3000d
    Batterys - 4 PowerMaster 3100

Sold To - dasinde91 (Sundown SAZ 3000d), fbi90909 (TC Sounds LMS 5400)

Quote Originally Posted by Rio View Post
    Wow, your a tool!

She prolly has a large hole you fall into anyway.

It happens because she gets so much rod from other guys during the day, that when you get home its already been bored out to 30 over, and your only setup for 10 over

Kyle_Keating is offline Resonator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

no tc9+ just a buncha different tc9 types - they all use 0.5" top plates. so anything with that can be called a tc9.

difference between tc2+ and tc2 was the magnet diameter so if we ever use a larger diameter magnet on a 0.5" top plate it would be a tc9+ i suppose.
    Last edited by Kyle_Keating; 03-18-2010 at 06:56 PM.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Sweet, thanks Kyle!

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4