Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Matt-

I think you came here to deny rumors about you and your company so people would still think highly of you. But it seems like you just pissed everyone off. Just an observation.

LoneRanger is offline Old Yamahas Give Me Wood

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    What's with all the "we" ****, Overpeck? Are you Lord Supreme Commander of the Borg Collective, or do you just have a turd in your pocket?

Rather than lowering yourself (you are a professional business man with a well-recoginzed brand name) to the level of some petty internet flame war, why not try a new concept called IGNORING IT. This whole thing reminds me of the scene in Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back when they're in the Mooby Resteraunt replying to the internet forum where people were dissing the movie being made about them. Have you ever seen that movie?

"We're going to make you eat our sh*t, then when you sh*t it out we'll make eat your own sh*t that's made of our sh*t!"

Just remember: Good products sell themselves. So what if some jackasses from Bum****t Alabama doesn't like your subs? Don't try to convince them how great they are via numerous references to the same stupid tech articles and a bunch of customer testimonials. If they don't like your stuff, let them go buy JL, Kicker, Rockford, Pyle or whatever their little heart desires. If they don't buy your subs, I'm sure somebody else will.

In short, if you haven't noticed you're doing your company's reputation more harm than good by engaging in this sort of behavior. I've already had four well-respected members of the car audio scene tell me in pretty much the same words "Audiomobile is a great product....but that Overpeck guy is a real ***. Have you seen the sh*t he posts on those audio forums?"

"There is no 'I' in Tag Team"

Project 'rex: Coming Soon to An Eardrum Near You

Mark_ab is offline The Alpha Male

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Originally posted by LoneRanger

In short, if you haven't noticed you're doing your company's reputation more harm than good by engaging in this sort of behavior. I've already had four well-respected members of the car audio scene tell me in pretty much the same words "Audiomobile is a great product....but that Overpeck guy is a real ***. Have you seen the sh*t he posts on those audio forums?"
    I could not agree more. You have lost far more potential buyers coming onto forums and starting a ruckus than if you were to have never come on at all. Surely you must realise this. Business sense, hah

Is this not a reasonable place to park?

bigbassman is offline Master of all things loud bigbassman is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Mark_ab

I could not agree more. You have lost far more potential buyers coming onto forums and starting a ruckus than if you were to have never come on at all. Surely you must realise this. Business sense, hah
    Matt still doesn't understand that he needs to simply shut up.. and let his drivers sell themselves..

he keeps refering to his illustrious customer testimonial page... that's fine.. there is no denying the capability of the woofers.. he has nice stuff... no arguing that.. Matthew Overpeck is the ONLY thing that will break Audiomobile...

Why do you think he dropped the name Mover? or changed the address of his site?, or attempted to clean up his image?.. he's not as stupid as many of us think..

This may just be an internet based forum... but when your drivers are ONLY AVAILIBLE on said internet.. you're digging a ****ing giant hole for yourself...

Several of your wonderful testimonial givers.. admit you come across as a pompus, prick.. You're lucky your drivers are worth a ****... else we'd be reading about your Chapter 11 trial... and we just may yet....

Loyd L.

SQL Prolly

audiolife is offline WhAt?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    good points loyd

Sony Mobile ES C-90 Audison Bit-One
    Audison LRx 3.1 MT
    Hertz HSK 130
    Mid Bass ?
    DB Drive K5 15
    Kinetik 1400HC
    avital 2200 alarm
    dynamat extreme

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Icon14 Shining the light of truth...

LR --

quote:

"In short, if you haven't noticed you're doing your company's reputation more harm than good by engaging in this sort of behavior. I've already had four well-respected members of the car audio scene tell me in pretty much the same words "Audiomobile is a great product....but that Overpeck guy is a real ***. Have you seen the sh*t he posts on those audio forums?"

I apprecitate you feedback on the merits of my commentary. However, it is my goal to stop the spread of gross disinformation and spreading of lies and baseless rumors that has compelled me to post rebuttals from some our our rather vocal critics (as some people have a tendency to believe whatever they have "heard" ). If that is a crime, then so be it.

The majority of reasonable people, and we get e-mails all the time supporting our stance, and using data to prove any and all statements made.

Opinons on this or that are fine (though we have had people issue statements about our products with NO experience -- in some cases, months before we had shipped even on sub. So yea, we will point out that those cases are just deliberate attempts to harm our reputation. This is not something we are going to ignor...

LL --

quote:

"Why do you think he dropped the name Mover? or changed the address of his site?, or attempted to clean up his image?.. he's not as stupid as many of us think.. "

Would that include you?

While I appreciate your comments, let me correct a few things for you.

1. I chose to use start using my name due to the malicious impersonators using Mover to insite problems on some forums. This way there is no confusion.

2. We did not change our web address. I simply use AudiomobileDirect as part of my sig to denote to those who do not understand our 'Internet Direct' concept.

3. My "image" is clean, unless you are prone to believe the baseless allegations about the huge list of "crimes" that I have purportedly committed. LOL!

quote:

"Several of your wonderful testimonial givers.. admit you come across as a pompus, prick.. "

Nice 'paraphrase' there. Sounds more like a 'personal problem' then a quote from any of our customers. I rather doubt that any of our customers are even close to that opinion, but thanks for spreading more baseless accusations (And people wonder why I have to take the time to come and sort through all this B.S.). Give me a break!

Hope that clears a few things up...

Matt

Audiomobile
    Last edited by Matt Overpeck; 08-20-2002 at 01:24 AM.

bigbassman is offline Master of all things loud bigbassman is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Shining the light of truth...

Originally posted by Matt Overpeck

Would that include you?
    Think you're stupid? I dunno.. depends on the definition and the context its used in

1. I chose to use start using my name due to the malicious impersonators using Mover to insite problems on some forums. This way there is no confusion.
    Riiiight .. lets see.... Mover can be 1. MOVER 2. m0ver and 3. Moover, and most of those are currently banned (like yourself) on the major boards. BTW... YOU'RE the reason most problems began.... course I'm sure you've done nothing wrong..

2. We did not change our web address. I simply use AudiomobileDirect as part of my sig to denote to those who do not understand our 'Internet Direct' concept.
    it used to be http://audiomobileinc.com My memory isn't that bad, course it still works.. but you were quick to drop the INC part

3. My "image" is clean, unless you are prone to believe the baseless allegations about the huge list of "crimes" that I have purportedly committed. LOL!
    being a prick isn't a crime... it will however, lead to downfall... ever study the downfall of US Ground Zero? you'd better

Loyd L.
    Last edited by bigbassman; 08-20-2002 at 01:29 AM.

SQL Prolly

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Icon14 Is that so...

BB --

quote:

"Riiiight .. lets see.... Mover can be 1. MOVER 2. m0ver and 3. Moover, and most of those are currently banned (like yourself) on the major boards. BTW... YOU'RE the reason most problems began.... course I'm sure you've done nothing wrong.. "

Boy are sharp! That just goes to prove the fact that people have taken it upon themselves to go out of their way to attempt to harm our reputation.

So you just proved my point...

GZ failed due to a wide array of problems. The ONLY problem we have is a handful of guys who think making absurd statements (typically based on ignorance) about our company. So we will always rebut these attacks with facts (not opinion) to support our comments.

So your right... I have "done nothing wrong".....

Cheers!

Matt

Audiomobile

nismo is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: And according to your sources...

No, actually, while the juvenille-like assults we have to deal with (which are not from anyone who is actually a customer ) can be found on all the forums, it is typically the same handful of people, with a bizarre agenda, who go out of their way to attempt to harm our reputation. But the reality is that our customer love our products and how they are treated.
    here's something matt doesnt want to see... its a review of an experience from a real customer...who isnt just 'gushing' with love for audiomobile, and got the shaft for it:

Quite a few months ago I purchased a pair of brand new Evo S24's (Of which btw were sold to be as a-stock subs for an a-stock price). I promptly built a 2.2 cube, 1.1 per chamber per driver sealed enclosure. Put the subs in, set everything up and enjoyed some moderately loud music. (Amp was a jbl 1200.1 running on a strong elect system at 4 ohm, so 375-400 watts per driver. This was when they rated them at 300w, 600w for music, and were led to believe to handle 600w for music no problem by our friend Mover, and don't deny this Matt, I can search all night if I have to.) Roughly 1.5 months later, just enough to get out from under that 30 day warranty, some bad stuff went down, and upon inspection of the subs: One's coil rubbed in the gap horribly while applying even pressure. (this sub rubbed bad when I got it, but not when 100% even pressure. Although if you were just a tad off it'd make that great scrapping noise) The other, I was astonished to find that I poked my finger on something when pushing evenly to listen for rubs. I looked more closely and to my surprise saw at least a good 3" (yes, three inches) of the vc poking strait out the spider. I feel I should say this now: I am not a newbie by any means, several people can back me up there. I know what I'm doing here. And these were being feed a max of 400 rms each sub in 1.1 cube sealed each. Clean pure, non-bassboosted jbl bp watts. And to have the vc fracture from itself, bend up and poke through a pretty thick spider is simply amazing to me with what I was giving them.

Anywho, back to the story: I pulled them out, and set them in my room for the time being. And gave the tech/customer service at Audiomoible. He did not in any way treat me bad directly, but he was quite unwilling to help unless I told him what I wanted. As in he would say ' Well, it's over 30 days so there's not a whole lot we can do... ' and just kinda leave it like that for me to pick it up. I had to tell him twice I believe that I wanted to return them for a refund, minus the 25% fee (which imo is bullcrap in the case, as it was clearly a manufacturers defect). Then I was given an RA number and set on my way. I'm not sure how many other people felt this way, but to me it felt like the tech service was insulting my intelligence pretty badly, saying that the reason they blew was the jbl and 1400 is to much for them, but I had to say a few times I was running 4 ohms etc... anyway it wasn't that great of a support to talk to. Once again getting a bit off track, I'll try to stay with the tale here: Sent them in, and quite awhile later I got an email from Audiomobile saying my card was credited for the price minus 25% (around 25 days after they received them... I was actually talking with some people of what legal action I could take if they didn't give me money within a certain number of days, but that's another story for another day) ------ Plus the more and more I think about it, wouldn't my subs be considered bstock... - Dustcaps 'crackly' as in the finish was not good at all
    - Dent in the cone of one And here's the kicker:
    Why oh why did that massive amount of damage to the vc happen on the one (not going to even mention the other one with the rubbing). Besides imo being a poor product, wouldn't it make sense (not accusing anything Matt so don't jump on me) if the subs were abused for <30 days and returned. Then of which what should be classified as bstock sold as astock to me for greater profit (I've heard of cases before of people getting B's when they paid for A's). Anyway, when I think about it, cosmetic blemishes are supposed to be considered bstock, so I should have probably complained, although I doubt that would have done any good. ---- In conclusion:
    -Moderate recommended power
    -recommended enclosure size/type
    -no bass boost
    -gains properly set
    -rubbing of one subs vc's in the gap
    -fractured vc which punctured the spider
    -Poor cs in my opinion
    -change the rms rating of the subs later on which indicates that they can't take the power I was told they could.
    -Dented/crackly cones still sold as a-stock

No way in hell I'll ever buy from this company again, and you better believe I won't recommend them to anybody either.
    now there's a satisfied customer...why dont you add that to your one-sided reviews page? cuz it would show who you REALLY are.

eric

WANG MOON PRODUCTIONS, inc.

overpecker & audiomobile's biggests ANTI-fan

CLASS 'D' AMPS ARE NOT DIGITAL!!!! YOU WILL GET FLAMED BY SOMEONE...EVEN IF ITS NOT ME.

EarDrummin. is offline Is this my Brahma?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I haven't had any opinions on this Matt Overpeck thing. I'm just curious as to why he bothers posting on this forum anymore. I haven't heard one good thing about him, not that he's done anything to anger me directly. I only find it annoying that he's so zealous about his product. Compare him to jlaine, for instance. I've never seen him(jlaine) jump on anyone, or start rambling about how good his product line is. If someone has a question about an adire product, he answers honestly and to the point everytime. There is no reason to use casual, question and answer forums to promote so heavily. If it's a good product, there's no reason to defend it so much, is there? If you find so many people on the forum are childish, why bother talking to them? Let your product find its customers. I've seen so many good posts about the Adire line, and jlaine didn't jump on everyone, telling them they should go buy this product because, "by the facts it is superior".

Audi A6
    Alpine 7897
    MBQuart discus
    JBL bp1200.1
    Brahma 15

AOL: Rav3Cultre
    http://www.sounddomain.com/id/eardrummin

RangerMan is offline Premium Member RangerMan is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Re: Re: And according to your sources...

Originally posted by nismo

here's something matt doesnt want to see... its a review of an experience from a real customer...who isnt just 'gushing' with love for audiomobile, and got the shaft for it:

now there's a satisfied customer...why dont you add that to your one-sided reviews page? cuz it would show who you REALLY are.

eric
    Why do you think he will not provide a sub for review on this forum...I wonder??? Hell, nobody even asked for one to keep, I'd return the **** thing...

Semi Retired SPL Master
    Review Commitee Organizer
    Team CarAudio.com Captain

147.3 Termlab

Stereo Integrity/Memphis/Pioneer/Optima/JL

2003 NSPL Regular Cab Record Holder

Big Thanks to Loyd Lowry and Nick Lemons from Stereo Integrity

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Whatever...

NISMO --

Given that your a self-proclaimed "REP" ('shill') for ED, your efforts to smear our reputation, mean absolutely ZERO....

In the case of this customer, BURNED VC and or damaged subs, courtesy of running a JBL 1200 @ 1 ohm loads (actually below 1 ohm DCR) is a recipe for real problems (ask AA about that scenairo). Here's a little hint: Why do you thing JBL fails to offer a "rated power" into '1 ohm load' (which they DO provide in to a 4 and 2 ohm load)?
    Any other rhetoric means nothing, if they do not "rate" it into that load. This speaks volumes...

If a customer, ignores our recommendations (DO NOT run any load to a JBL 1200 other then 2 or 4 ohms), and then suffers the consequences, and then returns the products beyond the 30-Day window, that is really not our problem.

We can certainly handle one or two unhappy customers per YEAR (especially since they typically will not accept any responsibility for the making of their own sceanario).

We will accept any of our subs back to remanufactured, at any time, but if it is out of warranty or beyond the 30-DAY limit, and pretty much trashed, that IS NOT a "defect in materials and workmanship" (it is clearly abuse and or amplifier related), and so beyond our warranty coverage.

Hope that explains a few things for you...

Matt

Audiomobile

KoBan715 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thats bullsh!t how you gonna put down JBL just cause your subs cant handle it. Make better subs that can handle power and stop putting down one of the Best amps theres is for the Money.

Processor: AudioControl EpicCenter
    Amp: Autotek SX-2300
    Sub: 1 Re Hc-10

nismo is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Whatever...

NISMO --

Given that your a self-proclaimed "REP" ('shill') for ED, your efforts to smear our reputation, mean absolutely ZERO....

In the case of this customer, BURNED VC and or damaged subs, courtesy of running a JBL 1200 @ 1 ohm loads (actually below 1 ohm DCR) is a recipe for real problems (ask AA about that scenairo). Here's a little hint: Why do you thing JBL fails to offer a "rated power" into '1 ohm load' (which they DO provide in to a 4 and 2 ohm load)?
    Any other rhetoric means nothing, if they do not "rate" it into that load. This speaks volumes...

If a customer, ignores our recommendations (DO NOT run any load to a JBL 1200 other then 2 or 4 ohms), and then suffers the consequences, and then returns the products beyond the 30-Day window, that is really not our problem.

We can certainly handle one or two unhappy customers per YEAR (especially since they typically will not accept any responsibility for the making of their own sceanario).

We will accept any of our subs back to remanufactured, at any time, but if it is out of warranty or beyond the 30-DAY limit, and pretty much trashed, that IS NOT a "defect in materials and workmanship" (it is clearly abuse and or amplifier related), and so beyond our warranty coverage.

Hope that explains a few things for you...

Matt

Audiomobile
    Matt, let's get one thing VERY clear here. Whether I represent a company or not has ZERO to do with this. I speak for myself when I talk to or about you, and make no claims for anyone who is affiliated with Elemental Designs.

I represent who I do because they make excellent products, and don't make claims their equipment cannot support. I don't go in spamming random threads every time that someone asks about a certain NON-eD sub, and say "according to these independent *paid* sources, ours are the best...you need to try them".

BOTTOM LINE...I WILL ONLY REPRESENT THOSE COMPANIES WHO I WOULD PERSONALLY BUY FROM--that means YOU will never be on my list. You are still on my poo-poo list.

BTW, just in case you havent noticed, YOU are more hurtful to your company than anyone else can possibly be.

Why are there SOOO many people running them at 1 ohm without a problem? They WILL handle it...they DO handle it. You show your lack of understanding of this amp. They are tanks. Have you ever run an amp below RATED minimum impedance? I have. I haven't EVER had a problem either. I have done it on every amp I've ever owned, and guess what...I've NEVER EVER blown a sub. I have used mtx, rockford fosgate, and usacoustics, and never had a problem with torching vc's or anything like that. In the past, I have run over 1000 watts rms plus bass boost to a 12w3 as a daily driver...did I EVER have problems? NO. It is the fact that you make your drivers out to be more than what they are, and make yourself out to be a victim that nobody likes you.

Sadly, had i not run into you and your super-ego on the forums, I probably would have bought (and blown) one of your subs. The fact is, your equipment is decent, but you OVER-hype it. Then when there is actual NON-distorted data, you claim to be a victim of sabotage by someone who is among the most respected persons in the audio industry.

Enough of the crap man.

Eric Vincent
    Proud to be eD
    Last edited by nismo; 09-18-2002 at 09:47 PM.

CLASS 'D' AMPS ARE NOT DIGITAL!!!! YOU WILL GET FLAMED BY SOMEONE...EVEN IF ITS NOT ME.

jlaine is offline Vaporware

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Whatever...

The burned VC (if that was the case) understandable...
    What about the dented cone, cracked finish, and rubbing on the coil. I have no idea about this return, but it seems like he was being very polite, and all you essentially have to say is that he was abusing your product, period.

I'll be more than happy to bench test a jbl 1200.1 for you, for physical proof that it is quite capable of handling it. I can fire off a few people doing a single jbl 1200.1 with sub 1 ohm DCR impedance setups also, using the Brahma...

For the record, and for the last time... JBL does "rate" it into that load, by specifically stating in the owners manual that it is one ohm stable. It says it in plain, black and white, easy to read even for you, plaintext. One ohm stable, no added output given, but one ohm stable nontheless.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast