Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Project "Bawlin on a Budget"

Moocow16 is offline Master of Puppets

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Project "Bawlin on a Budget"

well, after about 2 weeks of confusion, my friends 10" Infinity Reference sub finally came in the mail. stupid ups sent it to the wrong house. in the meantime, my friend and i built his box and got everything ready to be put into his car. now, mind you, this is totally not the best setup, and he knows it as well. although he also spent under $100 TOTAL for everything. that's the sub, the mdf, screws, rope caulk, liquid nails, wiring, and amp. it sounds pretty awesome for being a single 10" sub in a ported box. sounds a lot better than my friends 2 15" kickers, although not as loud, but it's pretty close(kickers are in a sealed box). the sub ended up being $36 shipped from ebay, and we used a kicker amp that he got from a friend from school for $40. anyways, on to the pics. http://www.neons.org/forums/viewtopi...=937367#937367 the finished pix are near the bottom more, but not totall at the bottom, yeah you'll find em. only problem we have with the setup is that if we turn it up "too" loud, it will start to cut parts of the song out. still can't figure out why though. anybody have any idea's?

marshall is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Project "Bawlin on a Budget"

Do you know what clipping is? Is it basically distorting bad or actually cutting out? What model of amp is it and how many ohms is the amp wired at?

mgaidica is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

yeh, probaly just clipping, a combination of overdriving the amp and the actual amp itself.. could be gain also..

2x JBL 1200.1 for sale...

AIM- Mgaidica

Moocow16 is offline Master of Puppets

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

yeah i know what clipping is. it's when the amplitude of the sine wave is greater than what the power rails in the amp can handle, and it clips the top of the sine wave off and basically turns it into a square wave. i don't think it's clipping though, we don't turn it up that high at all. it's bridged to 4 ohm currently. i don't know what exact model it is, but it's obviously and older amp, 2 channel, rated 100wrms/channel.
    it shows no signs of clipping all up until one certain point at which is just starts to cut the signal off completely. i guess it could be clipping, i should check it out again, i've been working so much i haven't seen the box since he's painted it black, other than in the pics.

Closed Thread