Closed Thread

Reload Thread: motor to close to the port ???

SEBASTO is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Icon32 motor to close to the port ???

so the subs is placed right above the ports rear end ...could this be an issue ??

SPLaudio is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)

Re: motor to close to the port ???

it will be fine

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

for sure ... no motor noise directly to the port ?

nu2spl is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SPLaudio View Post
    it will be fine
    x2

bought from: wccoug21 sundownz thegreatestpenn loudwhat? woofercooker jonny101abc spooney fasfocus00

sold to: jpx18 Nateberrier Ge_off_me spm_215 2lo2flo akheathen etm34 djjdnap jfroghobo traded: SPLaudio Zeuslicious

under construction:
    1992 Toyota Paseo(1) Pioneer DEH-P500UB head unit(2)American Bass VFL 500.1 amps(4) stinger batteries,building 2 10's in tubes

thegreatestpenn is offline lazy genius

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

noise is possible, but probably won't be significant to your ear listening daily. only way to find out is to give it a listen

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/buyer-seller-feedback/401249-thegreatestpenn-feedback-thread.html
    2k2 honda civic
    summer build
    audison sr4 on focal polyglass 165vb components active
    soundstream rubi1.2500d on dc lvl4 xl 18
    pioneer deh-80prs

GAM3OVR is offline Jeka is Back

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

might warp you into the 4th dimension and cause **** prolapse, but other then that, you'll be fine

REFS:
    Sold to: stevew007, Worstenemy453, HelloImBob, All_Rice, Durney, sixfootman2005, jaes90, d-REW, RidnClean, Pbateman
    Bought from: Lousiana_crx, 96impala, KHARPS, Pjvoc, WhiteIce, Dvcevoblack, Jrgreene1968, Zack39648, Dave_Damage, Freelander, Connersdad19, Slammed, Ali1, TeamSouthrnBass, RXZILLA, oldschool4me, Fusion_FREAK, Simpsonbuck, Acex3a, jaredspl, JEXTEL, jamesw, orangelss, Ridinhi, 01 S 10, jmkanek, luv2shrOOm, braggpawn, sub2weeker, tv559, Alanhall,
    Traded with: Duece212, cleansoundz, kcdc30, got_focus?, 90accordman, BASS_WARRIOR, crazyman03,

Smurfygotmojo=scammer!!!

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ProjectPechkin View Post
    might warp you into the 4th dimension and cause **** prolapse, but other then that, you'll be fine
    i was afraid of that

audioholic is offline Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Motor noise wont be a problem, but enclosure tuning might. When the speaker is placed too close to the port opening, it tends to pump the air directly in and out of the port, instead of pressurizing the entire internal volume of the box. I always try to situate the speaker and port opening at opposite ends of the box.

No speaker, in the history of speakers, has ever been blown by too little power. Ever. I don't care what your friend told you, he's a dirty liar.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
    Motor noise wont be a problem, but enclosure tuning might. When the speaker is placed too close to the port opening, it tends to pump the air directly in and out of the port, instead of pressurizing the entire internal volume of the box. I always try to situate the speaker and port opening at opposite ends of the box.
    dont say that ...otherwise iam screwed ...sure wont build another one

SomeGuyDude is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Looks like a small-ish box, though. Not sure there's enough room to have that sorta "stream" effect happen. At least that's my gut.

And now... now, what joy will I have left to live for?

will3 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

X2 , can change your tuning , had someone bring me a enclosure the other day wondering why it didn't sound right same problem, with his it made it sound very boomy if that makes sense it would group tightly around a set of freq. and sharply rolloff on both sides, almost like a burp box , even though it was designed for daily, built him a new enclosure same internal volume and port volume tuned the same, but moved the port, problem solved.
    His was alot worse than yours, his sub was actually down in the port were yours looks to be above it.

audioholic is offline Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SomeGuyDude View Post
    Looks like a small-ish box, though. Not sure there's enough room to have that sorta "stream" effect happen. At least that's my gut.
    Ive always called it 'huffing'. It can happen in small enclosures too. Not saying it will in his box, as its hard to say just from a couple pics, but its certainly possible. The sub is right on top of that port mouth.

If it does, add another baffle board, sealing up the old cut out, and making a new one at the far end of the box. The sub should be spaced up from that back wall anyway, if it wasn't right in the port like that it would not be getting enough room for the pole vent to breathe.

No speaker, in the history of speakers, has ever been blown by too little power. Ever. I don't care what your friend told you, he's a dirty liar.

ngsm13 is offline BSEE

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This.

nG

http://crunktimes.com/ct/
    nG - BSEE

Closed Thread