Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reload Thread: Best Subwoofer with little air space.

86vette07 is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Best Subwoofer with little air space.

This is the problem I own a 07 corvette with little space in the back. I have a ported pre fab box due to I do not want to take up the last bit of room i already have. I currently have 2 Fosgate P3 that hit pretty decent. I just wasted time and money buying 2 DB Drive Platinum PLW !2". They are rated at way more power but did not nearly hit as hard. I was told because the DB subs need more air space than the Fosgates, Is this true? Also what subwwofer would you recommend fo my situation of little or no room?

dadydolas is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Best Subwoofer with little air space.

how much space do you have or if your using the same box how many cubic ft. is it and what is it tuned to, also what size subs do you want. what kind of music do you prefer? oh yeah, and what amp?

refs: db_drag_spl

72 chevy van is offline deep low bass

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

what kind of amp i would do one 12 or 15 ported.

snoopdan is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

this is what I did with my 86

hatemonger is offline funded*by*soros

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

focal subs go in small boxes. the 33v1, which is a 13 inch sub, is optimal in 1.4 cubes ported. one of the smaller box subs i've seen. elemental designs is another option.

2003 chevy s-10 ext. cab
    hu: jvc kd-avx1
    precision power 356cs components
    front amp: infinity 475a
    sub: diamond audio d6 10d4
    enclosure: 1.1 cubes ported tuned @ 31hz
    sub amp: JL G1700

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 86vette07 View Post
    This is the problem I own a 07 corvette with little space in the back. I have a ported pre fab box due to I do not want to take up the last bit of room i already have. I currently have 2 Fosgate P3 that hit pretty decent. I just wasted time and money buying 2 DB Drive Platinum PLW !2". They are rated at way more power but did not nearly hit as hard. I was told because the DB subs need more air space than the Fosgates, Is this true? Also what subwwofer would you recommend fo my situation of little or no room?
    Did you upgrade the amp too or just get new subs?

"Last stop on a long journey, as yet another human being returns to the vast nothingness that is the beginning and into the dust that is always the end."

AllDayMJ is offline VR4 power.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

bazooka amp? aight. found your problem.

2013 Scion FRS
    Infinity Kappa FIVE - Pheonix Gold RSD65cs's - Audio Technix AT80 (40 ft^2) - KnuKonceptz 4ga 4ch install kit - Subaruaudio.net speaker spacers

Brian_smith06 is offline I got a pan, I got a plan

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

image dyanamics idq they are pretty small and dont require much room to really shine

2004 Cavalier ls sport
    H/U: Alpine W200 w/H701 processor
    Mid/Highs: 2 pairs ID x65 and full body ultra horns
    Mid/High amp: 3 ID 700.2
    Sub:2x12" IDMax
    Sub amp: ID 1200.1
    ref: massiveaudiocw, SplChoice, Th3pWn3r, duece212, XaznKewLguyX, connersdad19, alex5857, 5.3bowtie, smiley2186, cf2004, Tibor, Zeuslicious, IT Hertz, 310w6,dbeez, thehardknoxlife, matthewo, pokey_159, LaserRed38, jerseyboy, Abc123Abc, James Bang

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 1400wGTP View Post
    bazooka amp? aight. found your problem.
    you dumb ***, that's my old bazooka amp. And those amps weren't exactly bad when you can find them for $50 and they still do what their rated power is.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

More advice, i'd make an enclsoure (like I did) for the storage container. It wasnt particularly hard to make (I fabed it up with cardboard, then put fiberglass over the cardboard, then resined it to a 3/4" peice of MDF). Id suggest something like a 10" Alpine R dual 2 sealed.

AllDayMJ is offline VR4 power.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by snoopdan View Post
    you dumb ***, that's my old bazooka amp. And those amps weren't exactly bad when you can find them for $50 and they still do what their rated power is.
    not saying its a BAD amp, just didnt know what kinda power it was putting out and considering hes changed subs once already, maybe output is limited because of the amp...and think before you call someone a *******, i mean he's got an '07 vette with a $50 bazooka amp, my bad, *******.

2013 Scion FRS
    Infinity Kappa FIVE - Pheonix Gold RSD65cs's - Audio Technix AT80 (40 ft^2) - KnuKonceptz 4ga 4ch install kit - Subaruaudio.net speaker spacers

ciaonzo is offline TheContinental

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 1400wGTP View Post
    not saying its a BAD amp, just didnt know what kinda power it was putting out and considering hes changed subs once already, maybe output is limited because of the amp...and think before you call someone a *******, i mean he's got an '07 vette with a $50 bazooka amp, my bad, *******.
    He's calling you a ******* because you failed to realize the Bazooka is not the OP's. Saying that you "found the problem" only reinforced that notion since you now admit that you had no idea "what kinda power it was putting out".

Quote Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
    Saying "clipping doesn't kill speakers" is a half-truth at best. Technically no, clipping itself does not hurt the speaker. But in clipping your amp, you can easily create a situation that WILL kill the speaker. Was the squared waveform the DIRECT cause of the failure? No. In the end, the answer is, always has been, and can only be... heat kills speakers. BUT, clipping increases heat generation, sometimes by a drastic amount. So to start a thread simply to state that clipping does not hurt speakers is, again, a half-truth at best.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

this is what I did with my 86
    Still have that Onyx?

Saying "clipping doesn't kill speakers" is a half-truth at best. Technically no, clipping itself does not hurt the speaker. But in clipping your amp, you can easily create a situation that WILL kill the speaker. Was the squared waveform the DIRECT cause of the failure? No. In the end, the answer is, always has been, and can only be... heat kills speakers. BUT, clipping increases heat generation, sometimes by a drastic amount. So to start a thread simply to state that clipping does not hurt speakers is, again, a half-truth at best.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ciaonzo View Post
    He's calling you a ******* because you failed to realize the Bazooka is not the OP's. Saying that you "found the problem" only reinforced that notion since you now admit that you had no idea "what kinda power it was putting out".
    This. and nah, I sold that Onyx a couple of years ago. Im sure it's lurking around this site somewhere

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

This. and nah, I sold that Onyx a couple of years ago. Im sure it's lurking around this site somewhere
    Knowing how you feel about that buildhouse I thought for sure you would have killed it on purpose.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast