Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Reload Thread: How much is a 13W7 recone, can i get a kit?

PioneerSPL1990 is offline IM FER REAL!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

How much is a 13W7 recone, can i get a kit?

I traded one of my pioneer 15's for a 13W7 and $300 the kid helped me put my car back together and gave me a leaky box to put it in, all i had for my amp was my soundstream XXX10000 (for sale By the way make an offer) and as i was tuning it i smelt a funky burning MDF smell, it was kinda Musty, but long story short there was a scratchy sound and i said fuck it we"ll cut it open and i can get a recone. so i cut it open and taped up the gap, what a cheap Peice of **** the 13W7 is,the voice coil former is made of resin reinforced high tempature Paper. that blistered up and only 1 spyder to hold the soft parts linear what a joke no wonder they ****. but it probably didnt help that i spiked it up to around 2500W durring texting allthough it didn't apear to be moving like video's i've seen.

REFERENCES: Bland, TeamXSSChris, TBH1 SOLD TO: Therum, JKD, Talon09, Thorshammer1, Delan, psychoacoustics, rosshimself13, splaffair, hoboham, dvldogyut, undeadxsunshine, big_way32, perfectcircle, aeroportspwn, kraudio12, biggen_bd, Aldundra, SoCalBean420, ludeman, carlos_g313, JOHNJOHN485,beatnbronco,mecabassboy, HelloImBobBOUGHT FROM: t3audios_160sdbjeep, DefJ, twistedchild420, bassAddictJ, Infamous_e46, benzmansl65amg, sub2weeker, RetroAudioinc x2, SPLBlazer, TeamPSI, SPLAUDIO, orangecounty1, akmarcos20gauge TRADED: banginbigdodge, One Bad MOFO, Ge_off_me.
    I ♥ USPS
    YESSIR

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Re: How much is a 13W7 recone, can i get a kit?

teampsi

jlaudio10w7 is offline no more w7 for me! 2 w6.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

for JL to recone probably about 300. i dont now if you can buy a kit or not. and if you could, im sure it would be hard or a pain in the butt to do.

Gotta new car with system:
    Kenwood Headunit.
    2 JL Audio 12 inch W6
    JL Audio 1000/1
    car:
    1999 Jeep Cherokee

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PioneerSPL1990 View Post
    I traded one of my pioneer 15's for a 13W7 and $300 the kid helped me put my car back together and gave me a leaky box to put it in, all i had for my amp was my soundstream XXX10000 (for sale By the way make an offer) and as i was tuning it i smelt a funky burning MDF smell, it was kinda Musty, but long story short there was a scratchy sound and i said fuck it we"ll cut it open and i can get a recone. so i cut it open and taped up the gap, what a cheap Peice of **** the 13W7 is,the voice coil former is made of resin reinforced high tempature Paper. that blistered up and only 1 spyder to hold the soft parts linear what a joke no wonder they ****. but it probably didnt help that i spiked it up to around 2500W durring texting allthough it didn't apear to be moving like video's i've seen.
    W7's have more excursion than almost any woofer of the same size... Are they worth the money? I don't think so, but ffs, if you mechanically peaked it out, not much else would have stood up to that abuse. Maybe you should get a cheaper hobby, like fishing.

If you honestly spiked it, you won't find many 12's that can take more...... I'd assume you're correct that the box wasn't sealed correctly, and poor box = poor dampening, so it shredded it.

/edit, you'd need pics and pressure tests to check the box, but still, few speakers will move as far as a w7, so i'm not sure what you're looking for

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

now is it a JL cone or one of his own i see he does some amazing work.

REFERENCES: Bland, TeamXSSChris, TBH1 SOLD TO: Therum, JKD, Talon09, Thorshammer1, Delan, psychoacoustics, rosshimself13, splaffair, hoboham, dvldogyut, undeadxsunshine, big_way32, perfectcircle, aeroportspwn, kraudio12, biggen_bd, Aldundra, SoCalBean420, ludeman, carlos_g313, JOHNJOHN485,beatnbronco,mecabassboy, HelloImBobBOUGHT FROM: t3audios_160sdbjeep, DefJ, twistedchild420, bassAddictJ, Infamous_e46, benzmansl65amg, sub2weeker, RetroAudioinc x2, SPLBlazer, TeamPSI, SPLAUDIO, orangecounty1, akmarcos20gauge TRADED: banginbigdodge, One Bad MOFO, Ge_off_me.
    I ♥ USPS
    YESSIR

nativeboy is offline PIMPING JOKER

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

damm a W7......

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

it wasn't anywhere near mechanical x-max. and i had my 10K scoped to an unclipped signal at .75 ohms. all i did was turn the gain down and let it play through most of a song. the reason i say it got 2500 was becous thats between the 2 ohm and 4 ohm rating on my amp. idk what the hell happened i have never seen such a sad *** sub though that cant take a drop more power than recommended. my pioneer took 5K all day. the coil was black BTW

I ♥ USPS
    YESSIR

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PioneerSPL1990 View Post
    now is it a JL cone or one of his own i see he does some amazing work.
    his own pm him for a cost. he is really cool and i will be getting all my recones from him

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nativeboy View Post
    damm a W7......
    there Junk. and im not saying that just becouse i popped it. my first subs were powerbass 15's rated at 300 rms and i put around 600 to each and it took them a few days to blow, i didnt know what i was doing at the time.

I ♥ USPS
    YESSIR

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tc3k101 View Post
    his own pm him for a cost. he is really cool and i will be getting all my recones from him
    thanks man.

I ♥ USPS
    YESSIR

massivespl is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

im pretty sure JL audio uses 2.9inch voice coils so u have to send it into them for a recone because no other company makes a 2.9 inch voice coil.best bet is to sell it or trade it...

nativeboy is offline PIMPING JOKER

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

those W7's are only rated at 1500 watts and you gave them 2500watts no wonder.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by massivespl View Post
    im pretty sure JL audio uses 2.9inch voice coils so u have to send it into them for a recone because no other company makes a 2.9 inch voice coil.best bet is to sell it or trade it...
    Lots of subs are in that range, but how do you attach a VC from another company, to your motor? If you know how, I'd love to re-vc my gtimk2

Mike. is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

From TeamPSI regarding a W7 Recone

"$225 would cover a standard build. That's $50 to redrill the motor, $125 for the soft parts, $35 for the basket and misc parts, and the rest is assembly labor.

I only have one coil made for the W7 motor, and its a D1.4 ohm 4 layer flatwound aluminum coil.

Other options are basket coloring, cone color coating, colored dustcap or cone cover, direct connect leadwire, multiple sewn on leadwires, and more."

^After Recone

References
    Sold to: mm0142 (Sundown 1500D) dbeez (Alpine 9887) pickup1 (Call of Duty WaW 360) TT061880 (iPod)
    Bought from: WildSebring (Sundown 1500D) mar424 (Alpine 9887) dave_damage (Soundstream Comps) Doola36 (wire & distro) vitveet (4awg to 8awg reducers) Goindef154 (1/0 Fuse Holder+Fuse) loudcartunez (30 ft 1/0 Wire) dcmcki (12 1/0 Terminals) btdickey99 (SSA Icon 10D2) SR20DET (Alpine 7897)

massivespl is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

neverming they use a 3 inch coil. The 8W7 uses a 2.25-inch diameter coil (2.0-inch winding height), the 10W7 uses a 2.75-inch diameter coil (2.3-inch winding height), the 12W7 employs a 3-inch unit (2.8-inch winding height) and the 13W7 enters battle with a 3.55

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast