Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Digital Designs 1010

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Digital Designs 1010

I bought this sub a couple of weeks ago, built a box for it (1.4cuft 38hz), put it in and it sounds like shiit. It's a used sub, so theres no telling what it went through before it got to me. I can not give it any power at all because it slaps around and sounds like garbage. I've tried 2 different amps on it, same result. It sounds pretty **** good at low levels but you turn it anywhere past 50% power, it starts that sound at the top of the excursion. Does this thing need to be reconed? I'm about to say **** it and throw it in the trash. This is the same situation as that ******* last week blaming the box he bought, except the problem was his sub. I think this is the same deal. Thoughts?

All girls are whores, just ask your mom how you got here.

Feedback Thread
    http://www.caraudio.com/forums/buyer-seller-feedback/407829-blackfx4intn-feedback-thread.html

kurrupt is offline hustlenomics

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Digital Designs 1010

straight to the trash pm me for address to the correct trash. no just jking how stiff is the cone? if you press on it is it really easy to move or take a decent amount of pressure? have you played it free air to see if you can notice anything?

91 4dr exploder
    electrical- 4 advance auto marine batteries stock alt
    audiopipe
    knukonceptz
    stinger
    pioneer
    still no subs

Nut Hair Trick is offline Pubes

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It's actually pretty stiff. I haven't played it in free air yet.

Feedback Thread
    http://www.caraudio.com/forums/buyer-seller-feedback/407829-blackfx4intn-feedback-thread.html

Side Show is offline Bringin The Noise

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

new box?

bones22 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackFx4inTN View Post
    I bought this sub a couple of weeks ago, built a box for it (1.4cuft 38hz), put it in and it sounds like shiit. It's a used sub, so theres no telling what it went through before it got to me. I can not give it any power at all because it slaps around and sounds like garbage. I've tried 2 different amps on it, same result. It sounds pretty **** good at low levels but you turn it anywhere past 50% power, it starts that sound at the top of the excursion. Does this thing need to be reconed? I'm about to say **** it and throw it in the trash. This is the same situation as that ******* last week blaming the box he bought, except the problem was his sub. I think this is the same deal. Thoughts?
    it was never abused. i thought you said it sounded good in one of your pm's

1.4 is a little big for the sub though

grimreper912003 is offline <- getting a jAy eL 21W8

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I don't think bones is here to **** anyone over. Try it free air. Also what is your tuning, I must have missed it.

Bought/trade: TheLow, Nova76, nate2587, Black3SQ, hessdawg, Rockmo, kovemaster559, GearGuy2001, Bones22, dbman150, notoriousroc1, fasfocus00, canyouhearmatt, pelekeliko, Plyer3, justadork2u, sundownz,kasimo420, Zeuslicious, reynardmc22, Haunz, ciaonzo x2, 350Regal x2, Worstenemy453, woofercooker x2, annarbor84, 99Bonney, K_Schutte + MORE

Sold to: illbmeubu, MTXman, sctattooer, MTX520, AlexJB, dropped mazda, annarbor84
    Nova76 Scammer

Quote Originally Posted by Worstenemy453 View Post
    Lmao i texted him to tell him bout a thread and he said, cant lulz, im at a tity bar. You ********* lulz.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by grimreper912003 View Post
    I don't think bones is here to **** anyone over. Try it free air. Also what is your tuning, I must have missed it.
    no way i would. im to **** about my equipment to sell anything thats not 100% working order. coil was dead on 4.0 with no noises at all. all 4 could have passed as unused but i wouldnt do that either.

thevic24 is offline my silence is deadly...

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i wonder if the op is clipping the hell out of his amp?
    i did that with the first 1508 i bought and thought it was the sub at first.

Silently stalking you through glass....

95BlackGA is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Did you route the terminal wires correctly? I had this problem with my 1008a's, and it sounded like **** with any low frequencies...

Sold To - Ku-Sama - Benilson09 X2 - Vitveet - Max_Power X2 - xfeat - DaveT - uglydimple12 - pickup1 - EnvEe 02 - blackbonnie - lightningbolt44 - Louisiana_CRX X2 - audiobahnuser18 - NoPh33rRaCiNg - profoundwill - Scoobydoo - joe98chevy - theMessenja44
    Traded With - Rich00 - fwb_1234 - SPL140.2 - Six501 - Scoobydoo
    Bought From - RoLLaxPhile - SPL140.2 X2 - Randy Savage - Johnny Law.Lulz

R.I.P Uncle Scot, you'll be missed. 8/22/08 We love you, bud.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackFx4inTN View Post
    For under rear seat of 2007 F150 SuperCrew

This is what I've come with. I have a 10" DD (model1010) on the way and I have been studying this stuff way too much. I spec'd it out with the RE enclosure calculator but I still have to figure in driver displacement and any additions I made to the box to make up for that. It measures 51x6x10x19. It has 20sq" port area 23' long tuned at 37hz. Now, this is my first box design so please grill me if needed because I want to get it right, ie different port placement, port size, enclosure size etc.
    is this the box you have it in right now?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

double post

Feedback Thread

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

No No No, just to set the record straight, I KNOW Bones wouldn't try to **** anyone over. Like he said, he is really **** about making sure everything's right while shipping products to a buyer. Bones, I was just under the impression that they weren't your own personal subs, and that you might have bought them off of someone else. I wasnt blaming you for anything at all.
    The box is 51 inches wide, 5.75' tall, Top baffle is 12" deep then slopes down to the bottom of the box which that panel is 19" deep. The notch in the back of the box, that fits around the seat bracket could be what has me jacked up. It is 11" deep and 4.5" wide. It starts and stops 32.5 " from one end, and 14" from the other. The port is on the end by the notch and zigzags 4 inches wide for 23". For me, it was hard to calculate total volume since it was such an irregular shaped box. Most of the knowledgeable F150 owners(as far as car stereo) will tell you the max room we have under the seat is 1.3. Well, I plan to rebuild anyway because it sticks out a little too far from under the seat. I'll take pics of the box in the AM, It's hard to give a description of this thing due to it's irregular shape.

Feedback Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

all the angles and everything inside the box could be causing your problems. like i said in my pm get me the max dimensions you have and ill see what i can do for you. try to make sure they arent obstructed by anything.

Closed Thread