Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reload Thread: need help asap on system for my new car-bmw 330ci

trickedturbo is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Icon6 need help asap on system for my new car-bmw 330ci

hey guys, i just got my car its a 04 330ci, and i want more bass in my car. I got quoted from a friend in one audio shop for 800 labor including box to install 2 12 inch kicker l7 for 200 each and a amp for 400. It is a custom install with custom trunk with plexiglass and neons... that is why the labor is so high, but my question is.... i am not sure if these subs are good for me... i love crazy bass, but clean hitting, not just loud subs so basically a spl/sq sub. I like alot of bass but also want to be able to really turn up the bass to where i am heard a block away (just to be able to not neccesarilly do it) i know stuff gets stolen quick but sometimes you want the crazy bass. What i can do is get better subs, but with a extremely simple install (just a box) not all custom trunk. What should i do? i can spend about 2000 for subs and amps and install. Sorry for the long post.. should i just go ahead and get this stuff installed? thanks guys

on a complete side note, i am going to install the pioneer 7500 flipout screen if you are wondering whether i am using the stock headunit... also will i really need speakers in my car if i add the subs? i have the upgraded harmon kardon system which isnt bad but i hope the subs wont drown out my speakers

i can take a pic of my trunk if neccesary so that you can see the size of trunk i am going to be workin with

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: need help asap on system for my new car-bmw 330ci

yea i have 6x9s in the rear deck which i plan on removing, but there is no way i have room for a big box... i am going sealed almost for sure. But my real ? is here if these subs will suite me... im pretty sure 2 l7 12s will be heard from blocks away but how about 2 12 inch idmaxes or w7s? i can upgrade equipment but get a simple install...wat should i do?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Jmac is correct... In my 00' 328i, I'm firing thru the ski hole with two 10W6V2 on 1000/1, I'm really not getting much bass into the cabin. The kid down the street with lesser sub/amp is getting louder than me.

If you have the winter pkg. with the recline seat back, it might be different.

Also, rear loading the encl. doesn't help either. I experienced with diff position and I find that the enclosure sealed againt the ski hole, front fired into it gives me the best bass.

Alpine 7893
    JL Audio XR 525CSi
    JL Audio XR 525 CXi
    JL 1000/1
    JL 500/5
    Pheonix Gold Tantrum BassCube
    Pair of JL 10W6V2

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

would a single 13 inch w7 provide enough bass? i mean the bass with potential to be heard from a block away? i know the 2 idmaxes will for sure but amps for them will kill my electrical system

MaXiMa is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

ya i woudl defintly go with the W7 for ur purposes. just because the L7's work best in big boxes

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

so basically, the one 13w7 in a optimal box will outhit the 2 kicker l7s? But then the idmaxes will outhit the 13 w7? the reason why i even looked at l7s was because i thought they were one of the loudest subs.. and at a good price... i will atach a picture to show the trunk i am workin with and will provide specs to allow a more accurate answer to what will work the best, thanks for the replies

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

dammit, the files are too big to attach, but the rear of the trunk where the box will go is 36" long, 16" high, and 22" wide-thats what i measured with the panels that are one each side of the rear of the trunk there, but with the panels removed (if there is nothing vital behind these panels, then i can easily have another 8-10 maybe more inches in length acoss the rear of the trunk. So judging by that space and that i want crazy crazy bass potential but clean hitting, what subs should i choose?

Bavarian3 is offline Ownz joo

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

hey man, awesome car congrats. About Bimmers being anti-spl cars its somewhat tru. If u have a ski-hole or fold down seats then its much better. But in my case i have no ski hole or fold down seats. My car took a lot of time and work to the bass really going into the cabin of the car. U should definetly take ur rear speakers out. Actually rip out the whole HK system. Its crap. My dad has a 330i and its ok but doesnt compare to getting a new system. Rip the whole system out. Replace the Deck. Get a nice component set for up front. Ur car probly has 5 1/4 up front. Look into Focal, CDT, Rainbow, Image dynamics, dynaudio, diamond audio. Theres tons to look for but those are some of the best. Then get a 2 channel amp to power them. Any decent amp that does 50-100 watts x 2 at 4 ohms will be good. Then for the subs ur lookin at the wrong subs if u want SQ. L7's get loud sure but IMO they sound muddy. You should get some Magnum D2's or Ed A's. they will get **** loud in sealed boxes and work well in small boxes. They both handle roughly 1000 watts. Both can do well with more or less watts. www.stereointegrity.com www.edesignaudio.com

Upcoming SQ competition ready install...
    -Eclipse cd8053
    -Image Dynamics Cd1Pro MH
    -Image Dynamics 6.5" mids with CX motors and poly cone in custom fiberglass kick panels
    -12" Stereo Integrity Magnum in large sealed fiberglass wheel well enclosure.
    -Viper d1200.1 (sub), Viper 400.2 (mids), David Navone Amp-100 (horns)

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

whats the smallest box sealed for 2 kicker l7s? and i dont want to go with one sub, only for looks purposes i know it sounds dumb but i think it looks retarded.... wat inexpensive amps are good for the idmaxes?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trickedturbo
    dammit, the files are too big to attach, but the rear of the trunk where the box will go is 36" long, 16" high, and 22" wide-thats what i measured with the panels that are one each side of the rear of the trunk there, but with the panels removed (if there is nothing vital behind these panels, then i can easily have another 8-10 maybe more inches in length acoss the rear of the trunk. So judging by that space and that i want crazy crazy bass potential but clean hitting, what subs should i choose?
    and by the way...... the 22" wide is actually depth and the 36" long is from left to right... sorry for the confusion

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

whats the smallest box sealed for 2 kicker l7s? and i dont want to go with one sub, only for looks purposes i know it sounds dumb but i think it looks retarded.... wat inexpensive amps are good for the idmaxes?
    when i said get D2's or A's i meant get 2 of them. Two 12's would get as loud as L7's sealed actually they would probly get louder. And Sound a billion times better. And dont worry u got plenty of room for a box. Inexpensive amps for ID Max's. Uhhmm Im not sure what theyr Voice coil configurations are but look at Tsunamis or Hifonics. They give lots of watts for cheap.

-Eclipse cd8053
    -Image Dynamics 6.5" mids with CX motors and poly cone in custom fiberglass kick panels

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

ok, so basically what is the best possible setup i can have for about 2000 installed... ( i do get a hook up on equipment) i have to tell the shop soon, because i want to give in my car this week... i am definetally removing the harmon kardon 6 x9s in the back to allow some air into the cabin... and capone thanks for your help
    honestly, i will say it again, i want the clean hitting bass but when i want to be heard i want the bass that you feel coming from a block away... i have to trust your guys word because the testing rooms that i went to in numerous audio places is crap... it doesnt sound like it will sound in a car and all they had was jl audio subs to test and then there were crap brands but no idamxes or brahmas or ed's ....thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

ok, so basically what is the best possible setup i can have for about 2000 installed... ( i do get a hook up on equipment) i have to tell the shop soon, because i want to give in my car this week... i am definetally removing the harmon kardon 6 x9s in the back to allow some air into the cabin... and capone thanks for your help
    honestly, i will say it again, i want the clean hitting bass but when i want to be heard i want the bass that you feel coming from a block away... i have to trust your guys word because the testing rooms that i went to in numerous audio places is crap... it doesnt sound like it will sound in a car and all they had was jl audio subs to test and then there were crap brands but no idamxes or brahmas or ed's ....thanks
    itd be easier to talk over AIM. Behmin28 is my SN. Or i got yahoo messenger muchacho_28

-Eclipse cd8053

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i imed you through aol pimpn04coupe is my sn if anyone wants to im me and help me out thanks

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i think im gonna go with 2 10 inch w7s
    what you guys think?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast