Closed Thread

Reload Thread: XXX stuff

Stealth is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Icon33 XXX stuff

My 15" XXX... which i'm about to order tomorrow afternoon, to go in the trunk of a 1980 cadillac.

i need to know what you guys recommend. i've got a 1000W Memphis D-class amp which used to push my 2 15" W3s, but obviously that's not going to be enough for my one XXX...

now please don't bullshit me on this one... i'm not that rich, i'm still a high school student, and i've been saving up for ages for this sub. i've managed to sell my two 15s to almost break even with the price of the XXX, but i'm going to have to sell my amplifier too

i need an amplifier that will be able to push the XXX, one that will make the XXX perform like it's supposed to, give it all the power it needs. i have two deepcycle batteries in the trunk (hooked up to my regular car battery) and my alternator's upgraded to a 160 amp (105 at idle), so electrically i shouldn't have a problem. the amp i have at the moment has a BASS GAIN CONTROL knob... which i LOVE and couldn't do without, so the amp i have to get MUST have one of these

suggestions? please post in experience, and while i don't want to end up paying $800.00 for an amp, i'd like to have a reliable amp that will supply the power reliably and without problems... you know what i mean

Also the box... if you could give me some details on how i should get it designed... it's going to go in this trunk:

, but of course i'll remove the jack and spare tire, and those old 15" W3s will be gone too, so i'll have the entire trunk for the XXX. what size box should i get? if you could give me the dimensions, and whatever information i can tell my friend (he works in a car audio store, he'll build me a box with whatever specifications i need), that will allow the XXX to hit as HARD as possible, chest-ripping bass that makes you feel sick...

also, should i remove the carpet in the trunk? or would that have no effect on the bass? What direction should the box face, etc. any other suggestions?

Should i port the back deck below the rear window? cause right now with the 15s the bass just rattles the trunk a whole lot, and you can hear hardly any bass inside the actual cab of the car. should i perhaps remove the back deck? or cut a whole in the back seat? anything else i need to know?

Thanks a lot, this is probably going to be my last system for a long time, so i'd like to get it as perfect as possible, and in that regard, i thought i'd run it through you guys who have experience in this matter first

Thanks in advance for any replies!

loserpunk is offline hapbahdasindot

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: XXX stuff

well i'd make your box upwards of 5.5cu or so..mines 6.3cu tuned to 35...i know what you mean by the bass making you sick..in my ext cab s10(small small and smaller) it just ripps through me....i run a hifonics 1500..which would push your sub nice and it has a bass control input so you're set...it's also about 290 from ebay...so it won't break your wallet.......you might also want to look into the tsunami 1800..haven't used any tsunami products and i don't know if it has the bass control....but elemental sells it and i trust elemental to only sell quality products....good luck

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

anyone else?

lombardo is offline bass massage

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

tsunami makes a very good product. It does have bass control, which I also like. I'm using my 1100d to power a brahma 12 and it sounds excelent. That 1800 watts would hit so hard! It can be had for 350 from www.edesignaudio.com

2000 black Audi A6 2.8
    stock components
    RE HC15"
    tsunami 1100d (kills kids)
    building a 4^3cuft tuned to mid 30's

some nasty sauce mixed in there.

AIM - fincorny82 2000
    E-mail - [email protected]

anaranchi is offline your mom's hot

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

if u could spend $350 i would go with the tsunami amp cause u get warenty and stuff. if not go with the hifonics BX1500D.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

so a tsunami amp?

lombardo is offline bass massage

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

in the end it's your decision. I don't think any of us want tell you to buy a product, and it ends up that you don't like it. It's your money you've got the advice, go with your gut feeling.

2000 black Audi A6 2.8
    stock components
    RE HC15"
    tsunami 1100d (kills kids)
    building a 4^3cuft tuned to mid 30's

some nasty sauce mixed in there.

AIM - fincorny82 2000
    E-mail - [email protected]

XDrkmanX is offline Time to Duel B*tches

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You could always keep the amp you have right now.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

yeah well i want to get your opinions... when i was about to buy my 15" W3s, everyone said "GO FOR IT, THEY"RE AWESOME", and they're the biggest pieces of **** i've ever had.

but i'm thinking, perhaps if i take my two W3s (i can get them back, my friend bought them from me ) and install them differently... like, have them where the jack and spare tire in my trunk are at the moment, have them with the magnet facing out, and the sub close to (and facing) the back seat... then if i cut out the rear deck, and remove some of the stuff from the back seat, i'll be set, right?

here's a picture of what i want to do, but with only one sub... imagine this, but with two:

or should i do this same install, but with one 15" XXX?
    i really think the reason my 15s aren't performing (well, weren't performing) the way they should('ve) is because of the install, because i've heard a lot of good things about 15" W3s...

Closed Thread