Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Reload Thread: New plan..Treo..need help on these subs

60_cent is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Icon32 New plan..Treo..need help on these subs

For weeks now I pretty much had my mine on re xxx subs. Well I just found out today that a local audio shop carries the Treo subs. Well I'm in the market for subs so I went to check them out today I was very impressed, plus they are local which is always a BIG plus.

Oh did I mention while I was out there I broke down and bought the Memphis Belle MC1300D... :thumbs_up :thumbs_up

Well back to the subs. The Belle puts out 1100w rms at 1 ohm. I have a caddy deville and I'm looking to get the most SPL out of my 1100watts, but I want to retain some sound quality. I really love low bass so I prefer 15's but I was told some 12's in the right box can do the same.

Here's the problem. Treo makes 5 different lines of subs. I have pretty much elimated the CSX, TS, and SSX from the list because those subs won't work for me.

So it is down to the TSX and SS.

Here where I need help from someone that knows anything about these subs. I will return to the shop Saturday to purchase the subs and get my box built.

The rep is recommending two TSX 15's. The TSX are NICE but I really like the SS better, their one step up from the TSX.

Should I go for the 2 TSX 15's or can I get more bang with 1 SS 15 or maybe 2 SS 12's.

I need some opinion's please...

Warbleed is offline @$$hole

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: New plan..Treo..need help on these subs

Quote Originally Posted by 60_cent
    For weeks now I pretty much had my mine on re xxx subs. Well I just found out today that a local audio shop carries the Treo subs. Well I'm in the market for subs so I went to check them out today I was very impressed, plus they are local which is always a BIG plus.

Oh did I mention while I was out there I broke down and bought the Memphis Belle MC1300D... :thumbs_up :thumbs_up

Well back to the subs. The Belle puts out 1100w rms at 1 ohm. I have a caddy deville and I'm looking to get the most SPL out of my 1100watts, but I want to retain some sound quality. I really love low bass so I prefer 15's but I was told some 12's in the right box can do the same.

Here's the problem. Treo makes 5 different lines of subs. I have pretty much elimated the CSX, TS, and SSX from the list because those subs won't work for me.

So it is down to the TSX and SS.

Here where I need help from someone that knows anything about these subs. I will return to the shop Saturday to purchase the subs and get my box built.

The rep is recommending two TSX 15's. The TSX are NICE but I really like the SS better, their one step up from the TSX.

Should I go for the 2 TSX 15's or can I get more bang with 1 SS 15 or maybe 2 SS 12's.

I need some opinion's please...
    Honestly, in terms of linear output, NONE of Treo's woofers are at all competitive with the XXX.

The XXX would flat out destroy everything that Treo makes for musical applications...

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

anyone else got any suggestions..

mrray13 is offline uz some fegbags

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Warbleed
    Honestly, in terms of linear output, NONE of Treo's woofers are at all competitive with the XXX.

The XXX would flat out destroy everything that Treo makes for musical applications...

hmmmm....then why isn't the XXX holding down world records instead of the treo's?
    number crunching is great, but doesn't tell the whole truth

as to the question...get the ss's. they are rated for 500wrms..so they will absorb the power fine..get the 15's...put them in 2.5 ft^3, 25sqin of port, 17.5" long( a piece) and proceed to hurt urself!!

u won't be disappointed

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote Originally Posted by lilmaniac2
    Your circles look like something a HMO doctor would do to a **** job ....
    ^^^ speaking about cbfryman's jigsaw ability

owner of Thread posts 11111 & 12345

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

minx501 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I would go with 2 SS 12's in a ported box... .why did you eliminate the SSX? it's a great spl sub, you'd just need more power, If you wanted 1 15 I would go with the SSX...

B&R Innovation2 is offline www.soundhertz.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I was half tempted to pic up a csx from this one loser but I don't have nearly enough power to move it.

Treo makes some real bad *** drivers so enjoy yourself.

I used to spend a lot of my free time here. It was fun I suppose. Still rocking the 9515 and Better Audio amp haha.

How's incriminator stuff these days?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have had my pair of Treo SS 12's for about 2 weeks now and love them. They are tuned at 38htz and sound great.

The Memphis Belle is also impressing me, it sounds so lean and clear.

Randy Savage is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mrray13
    hmmmm....then why isn't the XXX holding down world records instead of the treo's?
    number crunching is great, but doesn't tell the whole truth

as to the question...get the ss's. they are rated for 500wrms..so they will absorb the power fine..get the 15's...put them in 2.5 ft^3, 25sqin of port, 17.5" long( a piece) and proceed to hurt urself!!

u won't be disappointed

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Because he's talking musical applications...which is true. The XXX will displace more air than anything from Treo.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by snova031
    Because he's talking musical applications...which is true. The XXX will displace more air than anything from Treo.
    no disrespect intended..so please don't assume any.

if the xxx was/is as good as u say(again, no disrespect), where are the facts to prove this? because the t/s parameters say so? sorry, but i just don't buy it. while i'm not sayin the re makes good subs(i've never heard one personally) what i am sayin is that treo has proved itself on the big stage. i don't know of one record any re holds(other then maybe a city or state record, which i still know of none) but i do know that treo has/is holding world records.

musicaly speaking is like sq..it's personal perferance. no real life parameters that can be measured exist.

excuse any spelling or grammer errors, i am quite drunk...hehe..but the above is my opinion

one other quick thing....moving more air results in more db, which is spl..not necessarly musicily speaking.....does that make since? i dunno..i'm drunk

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

no disrespect intended..so please don't assume any.

if the xxx was/is as good as u say(again, no disrespect), where are the facts to prove this? because the t/s parameters say so? sorry, but i just don't buy it. while i'm not sayin the re makes good subs(i've never heard one personally) what i am sayin is that treo has proved itself on the big stage. i don't know of one record any re holds(other then maybe a city or state record, which i still know of none) but i do know that treo has/is holding world records.

musicaly speaking is like sq..it's personal perferance. no real life parameters that can be measured exist.

excuse any spelling or grammer errors, i am quite drunk...hehe..but the above is my opinion

one other quick thing....moving more air results in more db, which is spl..not necessarly musicily speaking.....does that make since? i dunno..i'm drunk

Well, I have both a 15" XXX as well as a 15" Treo CSX

But, output can be determined by the paramaters given (Sd and xmax). The XXX has the advantage in output (displacement), and WILL have more output, it's not something that can really be argued. The XXX also has a much flatter BL (Xbl^2 keeps BL constant), which gives it not only more output, but more CLEAN output.

We can't really fall back on Treo's records, as that has nothing to do with how a subwoofer produces SPL in a daily environment. In SPL, you exploit only one frequency at which you have a peak...That's where the peaky BL comes into play.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well, I have both a 15" XXX as well as a 15" Treo CSX

But, output can be determined by the paramaters given (Sd and xmax). The XXX has the advantage in output (displacement), and WILL have more output, it's not something that can really be argued. The XXX also has a much flatter BL (Xbl^2 keeps BL constant), which gives it not only more output, but more CLEAN output.

We can't really fall back on Treo's records, as that has nothing to do with how a subwoofer produces SPL in a daily environment. In SPL, you exploit only one frequency at which you have a peak...That's where the peaky BL comes into play.

didn't u read above where i daid i was drunk? all this fancy mumble jumbo...hehe

but we have to fall back on treo's records because they exist. yes..they are one frq, BL junk..but they are there. and as far as all the other parameters are concerened..vehicle, enclosure, power...are all going to decide the overall daily winner.

same vehicle, amp and enclosure....the xxx MIGHT win on paper(and i'm not discounting u ownimg both) but real world is (sq wise) personal preferance.

also, the treo csx is spl competention only(in their terms)..so it shouldn't compete with the xxx musicly(i don't know much about the xxx overall, so i might be a little out-of -bounds concerning it's intended purpose)

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

didn't u read above where i daid i was drunk? all this fancy mumble jumbo...hehe

but we have to fall back on treo's records because they exist. yes..they are one frq, BL junk..but they are there. and as far as all the other parameters are concerened..vehicle, enclosure, power...are all going to decide the overall daily winner.

same vehicle, amp and enclosure....the xxx MIGHT win on paper(and i'm not discounting u ownimg both) but real world is (sq wise) personal preferance.

also, the treo csx is spl competention only(in their terms)..so it shouldn't compete with the xxx musicly(i don't know much about the xxx overall, so i might be a little out-of -bounds concerning it's intended purpose)
    Well records aren't going to tell you one thing about how a sub will perform in daily applications. Yes, SQ is very user orientated- and a lot of how a woofer will respond is due to it's environment. But, the numbers don't lie- the XXX WILL have more clean output than any woofer from Treo. Some people actually like distortion in their music (cite Mr. Wiggins ), and that's fine- it's all personal preference.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I don't think it is fair to compare the xxx to the CSX.

The XXX is a SQ sub, and the CSX is strictly a SPL sub.

A more fair comparsion would be the SSX and XXX. I really can't say which is better because I haven't had the chance to compare the two.

I can say this though, I don't have anything bad to say about my Treo SS 12's.

1992 cocaine white Acura Legend ***TOTALED 9/2009****
    Pioneer AVH-P4000dvd, Focal polyglass 165v1 front stage, (1) Fi SSD 12" sub ported
    RF T3002, T5001bd, monster cable wiring, optima yellow top, batcap, fatmat sound deadening

**NEW VEHICLE**
    2007 Chevy Impala SS LS4 5.3L V8
    Pioneer AVH 3200BT
    Kicker IX5001, IX5004, Kicker wiring
    Kicker QS 6.5 comps, KS 6x9's, Xtant x12b 2.0 cubic box tuned to 33 hertz

bumpin_blazer is offline Only the Strong Survive

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

this is to mrray, how can you argue that all #'s are just #'s and nothing but that?? now yes #'s are mostly junk to see how it will sound for daily use or SPl use, however the one's john pointed out are rather important when figuring out if a woofer like the CSX will actually handle a drummin beat song. you ask him if he'd ever drop his CSX on a techno cd. the CSX is not at all built for daily use b/c you will fry those coils faster than hicks do here at a catfish fry.

adam

2006 Bright Island Blue 6s: stock 6 disc in dash, Hertz Hi-Energy 6.5" comps, MB Quart Ref 12", eclipse 5-channel sub amp.

Car mods: Lowered on Mazdaspeed springs with Koni Yellow shocks, Racing beat front/rear sway bars with AWR end links, LED turn signals, tail lights, front side markers, 18" ADR Cypher rims, 55w HID's in low beam and fogs, 5% tint all the way around. No go fast mods yet...tuning and Mazda6 don't go well together .

Steve a.k.a. ss3079: So this one lady goes, "These ignorant people who drive around blasting there music, they cant hear emergency vehicles"
    So that set me off, and I said "Well then why do they let deaf people drive?"

AOL: JmKeenen

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well records aren't going to tell you one thing about how a sub will perform in daily applications. Yes, SQ is very user orientated- and a lot of how a woofer will respond is due to it's environment. But, the numbers don't lie- the XXX WILL have more clean output than any woofer from Treo. Some people actually like distortion in their music (cite Mr. Wiggins ), and that's fine- it's all personal preference.

ok..ok..u win! (i'm sober now)..but we just actually agreed( to a point). i won't argue that the xxx's numbers show it's advantage in CLEAN musical output.

but given the right enviroment,box, vehicle, power....overall output is going to be a toss-up, whether clean or distorted. most people can't hear distortion in their subs(i have actually watched a install shop run power and rca together due to that same fact) all they want is boom.

to bumpin blazer..that is why i was arguing the numbers thing.

and to that,

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast