Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Smoebody Please Help Me With This Problem

Unregistered Guest

Icon32 Smoebody Please Help Me With This Problem

Hey quick question, i am starting a system from scratch, and i roughly have a $1000.
    dollars to spend, but i already have my cd player (pioneer 4400) and two kenwood tornado 12" subs (the blue ones). one question is the subs are only 160 rms each, but i want them to hit hard, will i see it happen with these subs, i know they are only entry level subs but i seen freakin jensens hit hard. someone told me if i get a high power amp and a bandpass box, but i don't know. What type of amp should i get sony, profile, i'm looking to spend under 300.00 for my amp. also now i'm looking for decent quality speakers for my car, the inside any advice for like 5 1/4 or 6 1/4 or even 6x9's. I'm looking to spend about a hundred per set for the speakers, if possible, please help all help would be greatly appreciated.

MikeofTulsa is offline The one and Only!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    212 Post(s)
    i know profile is a pretty good amp for the money...check them out....also you might think about getting a good set of componets up front and adding a second amp for them....the only reason you would need something in the rear is for fill...but if you have a couple of good subs back there then it wont really matter....or you could get a pair of coaxials as well for the rear fill and add an amp to them ....or get a 4 channel amp and a 2 channel amp and use the 2 channel for the subs and the 4 for the speakers in the car....your possibilities are endless.....as for the speakers for the car i've heard that mb quarts are pretty good .....i believe polk momo series are good and i had a pair of the older sony explode 6x9's that handled 90 watts a piece rms they were pretty good contrary to what you may hear on this web site....like i said earlier endless possiblities...goood luck...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    two kenwood tornado 12" subs (the blue ones). one question is the subs are only 160 rms each, but i want them to hit hard, will i see it happen with these subs,
    I wouldn't particularly recommend those subs, I've seen too many problems with them, another words, they aren't very reliable. When setup correctly they will do o.k., but the boom I believe you are looking for will have to come from a better sub. You really need to go out and listen to some subs, and get a feel for what kind of boom you want. As for an amp around $300, you can't go wrong with the JBL1200.1, and that puppy is stable down to 1-ohm, delivers 1200@ 2-ohms. Even if you spend a little over $300, don't sweat it, it will give you room for expansion in the future.

also now i'm looking for decent quality speakers for my car, the inside any advice for like 5 1/4 or 6 1/4 or even 6x9's.
    Pick up a set components, you can save yourself money by, just putting in components for your front stage, don't worry about your rear speakers, you can buy them later if needed. I'm not real familiar with component sets, but I remember seeing some good things about MB Quart, Crystal.... my minds gone blank....help..... Stay away from the bandpass box, go with ported or sealed, you will get more SPL with ported, but you will also sacrifice SQ, w/sealed you will have good SQ, but a little less SPL. So make sure you know what your sub is made for: ie: Infinity, JL Audio, Alpine=SQ; RF, Audiobahn, Kicker=SPL;

Closed Thread