Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reload Thread: Here's a hard one for you guys!!!

Stealth is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Icon33 Here's a hard one for you guys!!!

I'm getting rid of my two 15 W3s. very soon.

I'm thinking of going either W7, L7 (Solo Baric), XXX, or Adire Brahma. i'm leaning more on the side of brahma or perhaps even L7. what experiences do you have with these? Remember they're going to be in a mostly sealed 1980 cadillac trunk (very big trunk) (i've got a 2 foot x half a foot hole on the back dash for the air to come from the trunk into the actual car). i'm not really looking for much SQ, as long as they have as good or better SQ than the 15w3s i've got at the moment it's cool, i'm looking for bass. pure out bass. bass that can be heard OUTSIDE the car as well as inside.
    Last edited by Stealth; 08-29-2003 at 04:57 PM.

BumpinDoug is offline 15A's B!TCH

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If you want good SQ then I would rule out the L7, it doesnt really ahve the best sound quality out there and probably wont compare to your W3's. On the other hand the W7 and the Brahma have better SQ (Although the Brahma I heard sounded like ****) and both are probably louder. Id go with the W7 if youve got the money or the Brahma if you wanna spend less. Im selling a brand new 13W7 with a ported box if your interested...email me at dawgs396@aol.com . Cause if your gonna get a W7...its gotta be a 13W7

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Here's a hard one for you guys!!!

yeah if i get a W7 it'll definately be the 13.5"... remember i want bass that can be heard outside of the car too... so when i pull up next to some kids with their bass blaring i can own them. so i want heavy bass that can be heard outside, but good inside the car as well. SQ is not an absolute must, but it's pretty important that i can get as good quality as i do with my JL 15" W3s at the moment (which **** at SQ by the way, but i'm used to it, so as long as they are that good it's all cool )

any suggestions? personal experience? whatever i get, i've got a Memphis 1000D amp, so i'll be hooking one (both?) to that, and if i have to get another 1000D amp (for the second subwoofer, if they need 1000RMS each) then i'll do that

havoc06 is offline The Juggernaut

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    **** i loved my 15 w3s man...they pounded like **** and i could be heard miles away. how big a box are they in, and are they ported? If you defiantely wanted to get another sub, go for the w7 if you have the money...but if you want more bass port them w3s and youll be straight..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If you wanted you could hookup one amp to each one of the 13W7's voice coils, running 2000 to the one sub. This thing can take serious punishment and will still sound great and get loud as f***! Just email me if your interested in one, I gotta brand new one with your name on it. And trust me, not only will you be heard outside the car...youll be felt outside the car with this sub.

d audio 450 is offline Registered User

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    well....personally i think that if you did a really good install with the 15w3's you would get more volume, and similar if not better sq than the brahma...
    -pat

Bavarian3 is offline Ownz joo

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

id get the W7's or XXX.

Upcoming SQ competition ready install...
    -Eclipse cd8053
    -Image Dynamics Cd1Pro MH
    -Image Dynamics 6.5" mids with CX motors and poly cone in custom fiberglass kick panels
    -12" Stereo Integrity Magnum in large sealed fiberglass wheel well enclosure.
    -Viper d1200.1 (sub), Viper 400.2 (mids), David Navone Amp-100 (horns)

lombardo is offline bass massage

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I would have to Say xxx. I hear they get REALLY loud. And they sound pretty decent. W7 if you have the money. Can't go wrong with the brahma either.

2000 black Audi A6 2.8
    stock components
    RE HC15"
    tsunami 1100d (kills kids)
    building a 4^3cuft tuned to mid 30's

some nasty sauce mixed in there.

AIM - fincorny82 2000
    E-mail - l0mbardo@hotmail.com

LuNaTiC is offline 18 to make up for below.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    for the bass your describing id go wit the 18 xxx. That ****er will get LOUD!!!! And prolly blow all the kids around there systems away, in the right box of course. big and ported.

97' Ford Probe..
    Sub - 2 18" FI BTL's shipping at this moment.
    Amp - undecided, help plz
    H/U - Kenwood Excelon x779
    Wiring - Lots of 1/0 gauge, where should I buy from?
    Box Specs - Dunno yet
    Quote Originally Posted by dleccord
    i drive at the speed limit... this way i can listen to music longer

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stealth
    I'm getting rid of my two 15 W3s. very soon.

I'm thinking of going either W7, L7 (Solo Baric), XXX, or Adire Brahma. i'm leaning more on the side of brahma or perhaps even L7. what experiences do you have with these? Remember they're going to be in a mostly sealed 1980 cadillac trunk (very big trunk) (i've got a 2 foot x half a foot hole on the back dash for the air to come from the trunk into the actual car). i'm not really looking for much SQ, as long as they have as good or better SQ than the 15w3s i've got at the moment it's cool, i'm looking for bass. pure out bass. bass that can be heard OUTSIDE the car as well as inside.
    if u have money-w7...l7=nope. XXX or brahma would do nice for 400$..XXX gets loud ull be surprised.

92laser is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Definitely go with a 18XXX for the loud you're talkig about. Personally I'd play with box size/ tuning on the w3's before spending more money because those have potential for good SQ and SPL.

Pioneer Premeir 850MP
    Alpine 5.25's/6.5's
    Elemental 12k
    Tsunami 1100d
    Rockford Digi-top Capacitator
    Stinger 0awg wiring

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah but even the best installed 18's wont hit the higher notes like a smaller sub would, even though they sure do hammer the low ones. The best all around size would be 12-15", and theres a lotta subs in that range can can pound like hell. Id still go witht the 13W7 if you got the money

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BumpinDoug
    Yeah but even the best installed 18's wont hit the higher notes like a smaller sub would, even though they sure do hammer the low ones. The best all around size would be 12-15", and theres a lotta subs in that range can can pound like hell. Id still go witht the 13W7 if you got the money
    12 will hit high and low.my l7 hit nice lows.and highs.15 dont hit the highs as well.its deeper,not louder,if that makes sense at all.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

you guys really think i should mess with the 15W3s i've got at the moment? if i can get better bass out of them then i'll go for it, cause i don't have much money, and if i can stick with what i've got (two 15w3s running off a memphis 1000D amp) i'd like to!

those are the subs and the boxes i have at the moment. you can hear somewhat good bass in the car, and nothing at all outside it, even with windows open, doors open, everything closed, etc

Now i know in the picture they're facing each other, but believe it or not i can hear more bass like that than when they're facing back, forward, diagonally toward each other, etc... i think it's cause they actually face up rather than directly at each other. is it perhaps cause the trunk's sealed so tight? should i take out the back dash (where the 6x9s are)? i want to keep the car looking as stock as i can, so without making obvious holes in it would be great.

please let me know.

thanks a lot guys
    ~Lorenzo

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Re: Re: Here's a hard one for you guys!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stealth
    you guys really think i should mess with the 15W3s i've got at the moment? if i can get better bass out of them then i'll go for it, cause i don't have much money, and if i can stick with what i've got (two 15w3s running off a memphis 1000D amp) i'd like to!

those are the subs and the boxes i have at the moment. you can hear somewhat good bass in the car, and nothing at all outside it, even with windows open, doors open, everything closed, etc

Now i know in the picture they're facing each other, but believe it or not i can hear more bass like that than when they're facing back, forward, diagonally toward each other, etc... i think it's cause they actually face up rather than directly at each other. is it perhaps cause the trunk's sealed so tight? should i take out the back dash (where the 6x9s are)? i want to keep the car looking as stock as i can, so without making obvious holes in it would be great.

please let me know.

thanks a lot guys
    ~Lorenzo
    put them in 1 box port it.there ya go...did u say u have a extra 1000d?would u consider selling it?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast