Closed Thread

Reload Thread: need some advice please...

AngryOscar is offline Young Grasshopper

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

need some advice please...

First off I did my research and have been browsing these forums for the past week.

Just recently I shipped my system from FL to AZ and UPS damaged it, so now I'm in the market for (2) new 12's

I've found several recomendations but have narrowed it down to:

-DD2500a http://www.ddaudio.com/dd/caraudio/w...p?series=2500a

-Audioque Street Duty SDC2.5 http://www.audioque.com/aq/SDC2_5_Series.htm

-DC Level 3 http://dcsoundlab.com/level3.html

-RE AUDIO SE http://reaudio.com/

I'm having a hard time finding a price for a few of these. My limit is about $300 for a pair of 12's.

I already have an amp (survived UPS tossing it around) its decent enough for the time being. http://www.soundoffaudio.com/item.cfm/id/2149 The amp claims to push 1800 Watts RMS @ 1 Ohm and 1400 Watts RMS @ 2 Ohms.

I also have a bandpass box, its not that great but I don't have any skills on wood work to build a new one, plus I'm in Air Force so not many resources. Heres the box: http://www.caraudiodeals.com/audiobahn-abp12t-p-29.html If anybody knows a good place to BUY a box too please link.

I'm putting the system in the back of an 08 Scion TC so space is limited (my box barely fits as it is)

I mainly listen to rap/hip-hop and am looking for SQL. I want it to sound good but still push the lows.

I really need some advice on which subs BEST match my current hardware. I'm sure ANY of the ones I mentioned are awesome because a lot of people seem to recomend them.

I've included all the information needed unlike some other thread starters so please give me some quality advice.

Thanks in advance

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: need some advice please...

Does ANY body have experience with these subs? I need a second opinion. Come on guys, somebody help me out.

Thanks

BushJ311 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Buy a box from a builder on here.
    I was told the re se will sound better. but the sdc2.5 will get louder but still sound pretty good.
    Do you know the pricing of the level 3 and dd?

Dodge Magnum - (2) NS 10s - 3kwp
    85 Iroc Camaro - 425 hp sbc

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

No I don't, those are the two I couldn't find find a price for. I was hopeing somebody here may know.

Also were can I find a box builder. I live in Glendale Arizona (well LUKE AFB) close enough. About how much does a custom box run?

Also the subs you mentioned should work good with the amp I have...right?

Thanks for the help.

MisterGrubbs is offline Kinda Old School

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You have room for a couple of 15" Woofers? IIRC a guy has like 10 15" DC LVL3's for sell pretty **** cheap...

Out of your choices, the SDC's would probably be the fairest way to go.

I guess I can be the douche to say it, but you might as well consider an Alpine Type R as well.

Educational session for you retards of the forum:Use there when referring to a place, whether concrete or more abstract. No kove, I will not come over there. Use their to indicate possession. Members of this forum have lost their minds. Remember that they're is a contraction of the words they and are. They're all idiots!

References(Some of them):SteveyHustle, PepsiFiend69, SubNoize05, BushJ311, Mrray13, Hintzyboy, dbubble, 528hz, Twisted_0912, RKPsk8er
    Ebay: 35+ 100% Feedback Paypal: 14+ Verified

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

And assume that amp will do 1300-1400 at 1ohm.

Type Rs or SDC's...still what it comes down to for me.

Educational session for you retards of the forum:Use there when referring to a place, whether concrete or more abstract. No kove, I will not come over there. Use their to indicate possession. Members of this forum have lost their minds. Remember that they're is a contraction of the words they and are. They're all idiots!

References(Some of them):SteveyHustle, PepsiFiend69, SubNoize05, BushJ311, Mrray13, Hintzyboy, dbubble, 528hz, Twisted_0912, RKPsk8er

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for advice. I have nothing against Type-R Its just a lot of people have them and I'd like to get something different...know what I mean.

Does anybody know the price for the sd2.5? http://www.ddaudio.com/dd/caraudio/w...p?series=2500a

I'd like to keep my box only because I already have it, but would definately upgrade if someone could point me in the right direction. I've been told to stay away from prefabs. Question is do ALL prefabs **** or can I find a decent one?

Remember its got to fit in the back of a scion tc.

Thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Prefabs just arent the greatest. High tuned generally too small. Poorly built on top of the other factors.

Visit audioque.com and look for the contact number for DJ, I think it's still listed up there. Also, he's DJL(If I remember correctly) on the forums, you can contact him that way. There should be a price guide on the site though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

http://www.audioque.com/aq/order.htm

139 each + shipping...

Edit - should get loud in a TC. I'm about install a 10" Kicker Comp VX in a friends TC for her. Sub up on drivers side, port back on passenger. We'll see how it does on 400w :-)

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The AudioQue and the Digital Designs look very similar and If I'm not mistaken I believe I read someware on this site they are made by the same people.

Is one 12 in a custom ported box going hit hard then two 12's in a prefab (my box for example)?

I searched the classifides for custom box but can't seem to find one. I've only been to this site for about a week so I really don't know were to look. A little help please...

I used to have a single 12 kicker comp in a sealed box in my 96 Saturn...sounded pretty good.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Does anybody else have an opinion as to the subs I listed earlier? Still need help finding a better box too. I've been searching for the last few hours.

Does anyone live in the Phoenix area thats willing to do custom box?

Thanks again

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I decided to go with two 12" RE SE's and I found a box builder on these forums.

BUT does anybody know good dimensions for them in a ported box that would fit a Scion TC? The Scion's trunk space is rather small and I was curious if anybody on here made a custom for 2 12's that fit the TC's trunk?

If so could you please tell me the demensions. Trunk space is not even posted on Scion homepage...
    Thanks

Closed Thread