Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Dual voice coil best connection

Trudo is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Dual voice coil best connection

I have a Phoenix Gold XS124 dual voice coil sub and an Alpine MRV-T300 amp bridged for it. The amp make 150 watts RMS at 14,4 V under 4 ohm. The amp is not stable at 2 ohm bridged. My dual voice coil sub is actually connected serial for a charge of 8 ohm. Does it can cause problem with the amp ?

Also, I think the second voice coil is connected with reverse phase because the + wire goes to + connector on the first voice coil and the + wire on the – connector on the second voice coil. Does this install is OK ?

Thanks

Rockman is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trudo
    I have a Phoenix Gold XS124 dual voice coil sub and an Alpine MRV-T300 amp bridged for it. The amp make 150 watts RMS at 14,4 V under 4 ohm. The amp is not stable at 2 ohm bridged. My dual voice coil sub is actually connected serial for a charge of 8 ohm. Does it can cause problem with the amp ?

Also, I think the second voice coil is connected with reverse phase because the + wire goes to + connector on the first voice coil and the + wire on the connector on the second voice coil. Does this install is OK ?

Thanks

Ok so u have an 8ohm load to your amp which is bridged. That is a safe impeadance for the amp to run. No worries there. In series you want them like this + - + - See you have 1 pos terminal to the pos on the amp and 1 neg terminal to the neg on the amp. You should use 1 positive terminal on the amp and 1 negative terminal. That is the most common configuration..

Car 99 Toyota Solara SLE V6

HU Clarion DXZ835MP
    Front Speakers Infinity 6 1/2 Kappas
    Front Amp Crutchfield CR4X50
    Subs Kicker 12L7's
    Harrison Fmods
    Sub Amp PPI PC 2600's

Closed Thread