Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Icon33 just got back from a comp

Well I just back from a comp near my house. With 1 12" Brahma with 1000 watts in a 2 ft^3 box tuned to 36hz I hit 139.3 db, which wasn't too bad for a daily set up. I came in 4th out of 9 people. The person who came in first had 2 10" SE's with 4 ft^3 tuned to 60hz. What can I possibly do to get some more SPL...minus a new amp. I am thinking of building a bigger box, around 3-4 ft^3 tuned to about 45-50, just for comp...and then switch to my current setup for daily use. Second place hit 141.x, third was 139.7.

MikeofTulsa is offline The one and Only!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    215 Post(s)

JeremyD is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jinx8402
    Well I just back from a comp near my house. With 1 12" Brahma with 1000 watts in a 2 ft^3 box tuned to 36hz I hit 139.3 db, which wasn't too bad for a daily set up. I came in 4th out of 9 people. The person who came in first had 2 10" SE's with 4 ft^3 tuned to 60hz. What can I possibly do to get some more SPL...minus a new amp. I am thinking of building a bigger box, around 3-4 ft^3 tuned to about 45-50, just for comp...and then switch to my current setup for daily use. Second place hit 141.x, third was 139.7.
    My box is tuned to about 51 hz, not 60

Anyways, bigger box, higher tuning, more port area, etc.

Oh, btw, here's a picture of that box I was telling you about...

Just gimme a call if you really want it

jinx8402 is offline Senior VIP Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hey...didn't know you posted here. I forgot the exact # you had the box tuned to, but I knew it was pretty high. Anyways, could you give the dimensions of the box? If the box will fit in my car, I'll definitely be interested in buying it, but my cavy is pretty small, and its hard to fit anything big in there, unless we build it inside of the car. Thanks....by the way, was that other kid just joking that he hit a 147.x? cuz it seemed a little weird for him to gain almost 8 dbs just playing a different track

JeremyD is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jinx8402
    Hey...didn't know you posted here. I forgot the exact # you had the box tuned to, but I knew it was pretty high. Anyways, could you give the dimensions of the box? If the box will fit in my car, I'll definitely be interested in buying it, but my cavy is pretty small, and its hard to fit anything big in there, unless we build it inside of the car. Thanks....by the way, was that other kid just joking that he hit a 147.x? cuz it seemed a little weird for him to gain almost 8 dbs just playing a different track
    hehe, I post everywhere

The box is 31.25" x 14" x 22.25". I can go double check the measurements if you want though. I'm not sure if that'll fit though. It may be just a bit too wide. Worst comes to worst, you could cut the end off and just lay another piece in there.

Yeah, that other kid only did like a 139.7. At the last second though, mike juiced the mic just to give him a huge number to try to beat kevin's score I didn't know this though. I was scared sh*t. I didn't want to get spanked at the last second :p

Closed Thread