Looks great Jacob
MW Car Audio - www.MWCarAudio.net
Feedback Thead: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/buyer-seller-feedback/378649-jbizzle-feedback-thread.html
I found the only way to kill this sub within reason - bottoming it out. So, we are going to re-prototype with a few changes to make this a near impossibility (and a few other minor things):
1) Adding 10mm to magnet stack
2) Moving vent holes closer to the pole by 5mm
3) Making the coil 5mm taller and increasing pole extension as well
4) Creating a plastic spacer ring under the basket
This makes total x-mech 33.75mm vs 26.25mm now.
Keep in mind I had 1800 watts on tap too So it was already difficult to bottom out.
Nice looking sub, goodness what a buncha xmax that is!
Are you going to dress up the magnet a bit before production or leave it raw as is?
"you have a face like a bulldog chewing a stinging nettle while taking a constipated dump in a heat wave"
X-Mech is what I am talking about - the point at which the woofer can't physically move farther. The first prototype I've been testing has 16mm of linear x-max but was able to physically move 26.25mm and bottom out. I am making some changes for 18mm of linear x-max but 33.75mm before the coil can bottom out.
I'd buy 2 of them for $350 shipped when it comes out
i like the woofer you got there.. simple nothing fancy... good parts good design nothing cheezy or flashy.... it is nice to have a sweet looking DC though. what you plan to change on this woofer?
1) Adding 10mm to magnet stack (for more x-mech primarily, FEA shows very slight increase in motor strength)
2) Moving vent holes closer to the pole by 5mm (if the magnets are slightly off by even 1-2mm at current spacing they can block air flow, accounting for production tolerance)
3) Making the coil 5mm taller and increasing pole extension as well (since I have so much rearward x-mech I want to make it harder to jump the coil forward too)
4) Creating a plastic spacer ring under the basket (the pole was getting too close to the dust cap, it could potentially smack the cap with increased x-mech) - this is also why I used a bubble cap in the first place.
Thanks for the comments I am pretty excited about it - the cap will be exactly the same except with "Sundown Audio" on it.
2001 audi a4 1.8tt
2 10" Alpine Type-Xs
4 cubes tuned to 35 hz aeroported
kenwood xxv-01d deck
refs: JaredSPL, oxsign (x2), SPY (x6 or 7), TheDukey42, SundownAudioNY, fearof85, donpisto, 97cavy, dylan1234, DBhittin, woofercooker, hemi= 22s, SMD4life, rumbleee2, ravens9322, terra, bryce-man and countless more
100% on ebay, and hundreds of craigslist transactions