Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Reload Thread: sx vs hdc3... which his lower/has better sound quality

spencer321 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

sx vs hdc3... which hits lower/has better sound quality

yes i did a search, and i found this comparison many times over, but they all just mention which one gets louder and takes more power... hdc3 hands down apparently. but this is going in a sql setup, single 12 on 1200-1800w and full active 2 (or 3) way setup. so while they are both stupid loud, the hdc3 being the more retarded of the two, i need to know which hits lower, and which has better sound quality overall.
    Last edited by spencer321; 11-16-2008 at 12:49 AM.

luv2shrOOm is offline In my TONKA !!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Re: sx vs hdc3... which his lower/has better sound quality

well a single sx 12 probably won't take 1800 true watts, don't know about the aq but i ran my sx 12"s off a kicker 2500 and blew one in a week with the gains set about half, don't get me wrong, the sx's are loud as f@ck and hit DEEP! just don't plan on puttin' too much power to it

Refs:
    ~Finalwolf
    ~Wrathchild281
    ~Cleansoundz
    ~Wkdbkid
    ~SubNit
    ~Leister
    ~Adas
    ~SELFMADE
    ~Goindef154
    ~ProjectPechkin

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

bump

BassAddictJ is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

"sq" is going to depend greatly on the quality of the box. you can make either sub sound so close to the same you might not even be able to tell the differance. with that kind of power you're better off with the hdc3 IMO.

Team American Power Systems
    Pioneer Avic N5 Navi + CD-UB100 USB Adapter. RARE Circa 1996 PPI Ax606.2 in BLACK (1 of 400ish made) with 2 rare black graphic spacers.
    CDT DRT-25 1'' Silk Dome Tweeters / CDT ES-04 4'' Midranges / RE Audio XXX 6.5'' 2ohm Neo Mids In Glassed Kick Pods
    American Power Systems 240amp H.O. Alty / (2) Deka 8a31, 1/0 front to back.
    Unknown Prototype 3k @ 1ohm. TRF/PSI 8 layer 4in coil hybrid beast in 3 cubs @ 33Hz / Raammat 40sqft in the trunk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Haunz View Post
    You could put 12V to my balls and clamp my dick to get 3kW+.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
    Glad this got bumped so I could fap to it again.

Towncar is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You are looking at the wrong subs if you are wanting musical, and loud. pg 12d elite, jbl gti, fiq, re mx, ect would be better choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Terranova View Post
    The gain is set around 750 right now. I need to get together with my buddy and plug his stethoscope in to set it to 1000.
    Quote Originally Posted by infamous_e46 View Post
    Start fcking one of the guys in the *** to make her jealous

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BassAddictJ View Post
    "sq" is going to depend greatly on the quality of the box. you can make either sub sound so close to the same you might not even be able to tell the differance. with that kind of power you're better off with the hdc3 IMO.
    im not a pro by any means, but i can make a good box, i've got a dozen or so under my belt, a simple box, but solid, braced, sealed, aeroports... like i said, simple but solid.

so what does dj recommend for the hdc 12? 2.5 ft^3 @ 38-40?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Towncar View Post
    You are looking at the wrong subs if you are wanting musical, and loud. pg 12d elite, jbl gti, fiq, re mx, ect would be better choices.
    i hear ya and i was originally looking at the Q, the older mags, the icon, the ixl, the havoc etc but had alot of people tell me that the copper coil hdc3 actually has really good sound quality and it has a very strong response in the lower frequency range, but if someone can recommend something thats as loud and sounds better and can show me one selling for less than 250$ be my guest i'm open to suggestion lol

Towncar is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spencer321 View Post
    i hear ya and i was originally looking at the Q, the older mags, the icon, the ixl, the havoc etc but had alot of people tell me that the copper coil hdc3 actually has really good sound quality and it has a very strong response in the lower frequency range, but if someone can recommend something thats as loud and sounds better and can show me one selling for less than 250$ be my guest i'm open to suggestion lol
    If you are looking for a 12 that is very musical, and can handle of 2kw+, and can move some serious air, the pg ti 12d elite is an absolute monster. One of the few musical 12s that I can think of that handle that power. The qs are decent, but dont expect the 12 to handle 1800 full tilt daily. Some other ones I can think of all are well out of your $250 range

Quote Originally Posted by Terranova View Post
    The gain is set around 750 right now. I need to get together with my buddy and plug his stethoscope in to set it to 1000.
    Quote Originally Posted by infamous_e46 View Post
    Start fcking one of the guys in the *** to make her jealous

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Towncar View Post
    If you are looking for a 12 that is very musical, and can handle of 2kw+, and can move some serious air, the pg ti 12d elite is an absolute monster. One of the few musical 12s that I can think of that handle that power. The qs are decent, but dont expect the 12 to handle 1800 full tilt daily. Some other ones I can think of all are well out of your $250 range
    too deep, this is standard cab truck, i've got 10" MAX and thats pushing it, ti elite is 10.5"

jbizzle is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

AudioQue HDC3 hands down.

MW Car Audio - www.MWCarAudio.net

Feedback Thead: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/buyer-seller-feedback/378649-jbizzle-feedback-thread.html

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spencer321 View Post
    The thing is , SQ is very subjective. HDC are not sq subs. This needs to be said more often. Although advocates such as mlstrass, and jbizzle are out there that say their setups are very SQ oriented, this simply isn't the case. Don't get me wrong mlstrass/jbizzle, I am sure I would think that your setups sound amazing. I have the same tastes, and would like a more bass filled setup. In fact I plan on getting ID CTX165 and 2x 15 HDC's. This is not the definition of SQ though, and as mlstrass will say. He would rather have the music sound good to him, and not reproduce accurately.

With that said, understand that "getting low" is also very subjective. I owned a v3 Mag, and I'll tell you, that got LOW. Ported at 32, it hit down to 27 loud. The HDC will not hit 27 loud when tuned to 38 in comparison with the rest of it's frequency band. This is what is always overlooked. Yes the HDC's are loud at 29,30,31 etc. But in comparison to the rest of the band >38, they are not loud. This is because of tuning, obviously. Still, something to think about it.

Previous:
    Sub: 15" Mag in Fisher Customs 3.5@32
    Sub Amp: Sundown SAZ1500
    Wire: KnuKonceptz Big 3 in 1/0. Kicker 1/0 Kit to back

Current:
    College

REFS: Speedyd718, assman, Lingerfelt, duece212, Raid3r89

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jbizzle View Post
    AudioQue HDC3 hands down.
    You came in just in time. lol.

Previous:
    Sub: 15" Mag in Fisher Customs 3.5@32
    Sub Amp: Sundown SAZ1500
    Wire: KnuKonceptz Big 3 in 1/0. Kicker 1/0 Kit to back

Current:
    College

REFS: Speedyd718, assman, Lingerfelt, duece212, Raid3r89

audiobahnuser18 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

HDC3 the sx's are nice but they like to blow easily and not take true power handling. I mean they get real low sound good doing it but not as good quality build like a AQ.

Refs
    Bigjon47 , JohnnyBussa , Mike Dressure , BTLking , Myjaja , Tapout , prowler573 , mommyvan , R-sosa , Audio Master , 95BlackGA , wu501 , Nismos14 , HawaiianBassHed , ECS23 , Bagged96Chevy, Donpisto , the other mike kmanian bumpin buick dumple wrench , guy , blazinb2000 , teen , phl1ser , Loud3 , Plyer3 , LazyRider , Jk32sho , MacQ32
    TreZ0r Is a lieing piece of sh*t scum bag SCAMMER!!!!

REBUILDING IT ALL
    REFS:http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=353034

jbizzle is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Just to throw this out there, I have had a 15" Fi Q with bp option in my car for a good month, on about 1300~ watts off my AQ2200, and I wasn't impressed. I took it out because i'd rather be bassless than have that

My HDC3 had more range, sounded just about the same (if not better) and dropped lower off the same power.

MW Car Audio - www.MWCarAudio.net

Feedback Thead: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/buyer-seller-feedback/378649-jbizzle-feedback-thread.html

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

well my ears ****, right now im running a rockford P1 15 off 300w in 4cubes at 32hz and to me it sounds pretty decent... an hdc3 off ~ 1500w should be leaps and bounds different

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast