Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reload Thread: Calling Truck Owners: Considering silverado ss blow thru... questions and build start

bigpeelz is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Calling Truck Owners: Considering silverado ss blow thru... questions and build start

before I get flammed for talking about "distroying my truck", it is mine, paid for and probably will not get rid of it ever. Also I have not been impressed with downfiring 12s I have heard. if I am nuts proove me wrong. Now, I am considering doing 2 to 4 12s in a ported blow thru. a couple of questions:

1. should I spend the money and go with 1 or 2 high end 12s or 15s or go with more middle ground subs. I am running an old school RF chrome power 1100.2. this has a birth sheet of 1465 at 4ohms mono. However it is only stable at 4ohms mono.

2. I listen to a wide range of music and have only had SQ systems int he past with many subwoofers in sealed boxes. I want to try ported, but it must be clean.

3. this is going in an 05 silverado ext cab. front stage will be old school a/d/s 6.5 comps with an matching chrome RF 400.4 bridged stereo.

4. I have seen just ports popping through the back wall, and I have seen the entire box exposed with slot ports exposed. I would prefer the have access to the subs through the cab as I have a hard tonneau on the bed. any box designed would be greatly appreciated.

what do you think will give me the better output, the multiple middle ground 12s or 1 or 2 high end 12 or 15s? I have searched high and low on this forum and searching blow through pulls up tons of non related things. i am planning on doing this in a few weeks and am up for suggestions and recommendations.

thanks in advance for the help.

da box king is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Calling Truck Owners: Considering silverado ss blow thru... questions and build s

DO NOT do a blow thru with that power....keep it in yur cab....would be a waste

you should be able to do a nice setup in the cab just fine....go to a good box builder and he could do it

2003 Chevy Trailblazer LT
    (2) 15" AQ HDC3 7.25 cubes tuned to 35 hz
    Rear Fill: Pioneer Premier TS-D602P
    Front doors: ID ctx65
    Kick: ID ctx65cs
    Sub amp: Crossfire VR4000D
    Interior amps: SAX 100.4, PPI pc4400.2 (ACTIVE)

PM ME: I BUILD BOXES FOR LOCALS OR ANYONE AROUND MICHIGAN

audioholic is offline Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    320 Post(s)

Re: Calling Truck Owners: Considering silverado ss blow thru... questions and build s

Is it because you want to keep the back seat?

No speaker, in the history of speakers, has ever been blown by too little power. Ever. I don't care what your friend told you, he's a dirty liar.

bigeasy79 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

With the power that you have i would do multiple middle ground subs.
    I have a s-10 with a blow-through

audioholic is offline Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    320 Post(s)

That looks tight bigeasy.

No speaker, in the history of speakers, has ever been blown by too little power. Ever. I don't care what your friend told you, he's a dirty liar.

bhsdriller is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    344 Post(s)

just take out the backseats

Team Flex Issues
    4 18" Mayhems
    2 bc5500's

Bought from: ameduce(x2), Hatchet_Warrior, jeeper07,DB_DRAG_SPL,ssackett, lyttleviet,MillzThaYungin, blackbonnie, ryan1126, Goindef154(x2), Lonnie, dave_damage

Sold to: Ilovebass, nismos14, chednompton, teen, jonesy

budahbuddy803 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

yeah, if you have an ext. cab i vote for removing the back seats with that kind of power.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I would consider doing a custom seat with a pair of 12s in it or on it. I just want to have the freedom of trying a ported box. It seems that you really cant have a ported setup in an extended cab. I do use the seat and enjoy the ride for long trips. I have considered the subthump deep 12 box, but I have heard mixed reviews on it. I am comming from having a custom wrangler beach cruiser with 6 12s in the back under a custom tonnea cover. Maybe I am wrong. I appreciate your help and comments.

Anyone done 4 10s under the seat? HAs anyone mounted the factory chevy seat on a custom box? i am just looking for something differnt that will pound. I havent been in car audio since the good old days of the RF power 1000s and this will be my first build since then. I used to be an installer back in the day, but it has been quite some time.....

audioatg is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

I vote for taking out back seats. And making your own custom back seats with sub box as buttom of the seat....

I think they are saying too. With that kindof low power. Just getting subs, box in the cab would be the same as if you did a blow thru. Like you wouldnt see that much of a difference in sounds I guess.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
    That looks tight bigeasy.
    X2 that is very well done.. very clean!

Rusty...WCA is offline Subwoofer Builder

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I pulled my seat

AIM. WCA Rusty

WWW.DCSOUNDLAB.COM

helotaxi is offline Kilroy was Here

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I would say get buckets for the back and build a single ported 12 into the center section between the seats.

Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity.

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers.

Life's tough...it's even tougher when you're stupid.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by helotaxi View Post
    I would say get buckets for the back and build a single ported 12 into the center section between the seats.
    Yea i have been messing around with putting in low back buckets and a pair of ported 12s in the middle.. could be a serious bish to fabricate though... unless I mad it all out of wood and had it apolstered.. anyone done this before.. well regardless I will be taking pics of the build.

Also ... are there any silverado or sierra owners out there that are satisfied with the subthump deep 12 box.. I am wondering how this would sound on my amp with a solid pair of 12s. the only thing is I am limited to 7" of mounting depth and .92 gross of air space.. check it

http://www.subthump.com/ctbultra.htm

kh971 is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I am building a box and putting it under my dodge ram Quad cab. This might be an option for you also. If you can build a box, test fit it to the bottom of the truck and attach it with steel braces that will hold it up to the truck SAFELY!!! Then fiberglass the outside really good, spray on some rubberized undercoating and bolt the bad boy in place.

helotaxi is offline Kilroy was Here

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bigpeelz View Post
    Yea i have been messing around with putting in low back buckets and a pair of ported 12s in the middle.. could be a serious bish to fabricate though... unless I mad it all out of wood and had it apolstered.. anyone done this before.. well regardless I will be taking pics of the build.

Also ... are there any silverado or sierra owners out there that are satisfied with the subthump deep 12 box.. I am wondering how this would sound on my amp with a solid pair of 12s. the only thing is I am limited to 7" of mounting depth and .92 gross of air space.. check it

http://www.subthump.com/ctbultra.htm
    No 12s are going to perform worth a **** with that little airspace. The SI BMs might be OK when they come out, but for most 12s, that isn't enough airspace for a single sub much less 2.

Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity.

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers.

Life's tough...it's even tougher when you're stupid.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

User Tag List