Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reload Thread: Another Brahma thread....

Nizzel is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Another Brahma thread....

Tried searching for this but the four letter minimum made it difficult to search for.....

I'm considering getting either a single 12" or 15" Brahma sub for my car. At first I wanted to go with 2 12's but that would be too much $ and plus I dont think I need all that bass for my system. I'm looking to put together a system that sounds NICE. I am not looking to rock neighborhoods with my subwoofers. In other words I favor SQ over SPL. On the other hand I want to be able to crank it up a little to show my good friend wassup ( he thinks he has the best of the best systems ).

Whether or not I get the 12 or 15 inch brahma I'll be feeding it 1200 watts in a sealed box.

So anyone that has experience with the brahma care to chime in here on what would be best suited for my personal tastes? I dont care about the price difference between the two subs so that's not a factor in deciding between the two.

mgaidica is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Go 15" BRAHMA! Well they are very nice subs, will take 1200 watts nicely, ported box tuned low-awsome SQ, awsome SPL. It looks like a brahma would suit u nicely, just decide on a 15" or a 12"...

2x JBL 1200.1 for sale...

AIM- Mgaidica

QtRKoReaN is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have the 12" ported with 1200 watts. It is deffinitly enough bass for me, and i know im not even getting my full 1200 watts (4 gague wire/65 amp alternator).

jlaine is offline Vaporware

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizzel
    Tried searching for this but the four letter minimum made it difficult to search for.....

I'm considering getting either a single 12" or 15" Brahma sub for my car. At first I wanted to go with 2 12's but that would be too much $ and plus I dont think I need all that bass for my system. I'm looking to put together a system that sounds NICE. I am not looking to rock neighborhoods with my subwoofers. In other words I favor SQ over SPL. On the other hand I want to be able to crank it up a little to show my good friend wassup ( he thinks he has the best of the best systems ).

Whether or not I get the 12 or 15 inch brahma I'll be feeding it 1200 watts in a sealed box.

So anyone that has experience with the brahma care to chime in here on what would be best suited for my personal tastes? I dont care about the price difference between the two subs so that's not a factor in deciding between the two.
    Output obviously sides with the bigger 15" brother. (and it's an imposing little beast at that... the 15" makes you stop and take notice!)

You can make the 15" sound every bit as good as the 12" if you take some time to level set and listen to your system some. Personally, if you have the space, (you have the power), and funding isn't a problem, I'd get the 15" version.

Mark_ab is offline The Alpha Male

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jlaine
    Output obviously sides with the bigger 15" brother. (and it's an imposing little beast at that... the 15" makes you stop and take notice!)

You can make the 15" sound every bit as good as the 12" if you take some time to level set and listen to your system some. Personally, if you have the space, (you have the power), and funding isn't a problem, I'd get the 15" version.
    I can attest. 15's are the cat's ***.

Is this not a reasonable place to park?

WeDgE is offline B00st Wh0re

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I wish I would have bought the 15" version...

Mark_ab is offline The Alpha Male

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WeDgE
    I wish I would have bought the 15" version...
    Boner.....

Is this not a reasonable place to park?

Hawaiian is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I got the 15" in my mustang, which i am still trying to figure out how i fit it in there. It ****** having to use a hacksaw on the metal hanging down behind my backseat. I didnt have much time to mess with it before i came home for the summer, but it pounded pretty **** hard. BUT Some guy (who will remain anonymous until i find out that he isnt sending me the refund he promised) on these boards ripped me off and made me a particle board box with no carpet though i was promised a 3/4 mdf board carpeted. (I have no access to tools or a shop at college) I never could get my money back, but i have some saved up now. Looking forward to getting a custom box professionally made and then letting it pound. Running a 0 awg power wire to a Kicker 1200.1 for my power.

Nizzel is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    thanks for all the replies guys....you guys convinced me, just ordered my 15" Brahma today should be here next week

better be worth the mula $$$$$$$

d audio 450 is offline Registered User

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    mine was WELL WORTH the money i paid. i would advise against a 12 for a different reason- i know a friend who bought a 12, and it had a defective spider/glue setup, the spider came off the basket, and he got it replaced...only for it to happen again...in no way am i saying all 12's have this problem...im just saying that i heard it was a recurring problem....but i guessonly with the 12's or something, thats all ive heard it with. i love my b15- i have yet to hear a sub that has such extended low end in a sealed box.
    -pat

kmu
    kmu is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Anyone know when is the brahma 18 comming out?

THX in advance...

2009 GMC Sierra Denali

In the works...

HU= OEM
    Front stage= oem
    Back stage= oem
    Subs= oem
    AMPS= Alpine PDX 4.100, Alpine PDX 1.600

BonusBobo is offline Lightweight Sesh

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by d audio 450
    i have yet to hear a sub that has such extended low end in a sealed box.
    -pat

I couldn't agree more... it goes SO low.

Also, Jlaine, if you read this, can you give me a hint on how I can balance my brahma 15 better? You said I need to listen to it and level set. Does that mean figure out the frequency to cross over my components to the Brahma?

-AJ

AIM: AJR775
    My CarDomain
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BonusBobo
    I couldn't agree more... it goes SO low.

Also, Jlaine, if you read this, can you give me a hint on how I can balance my brahma 15 better? You said I need to listen to it and level set. Does that mean figure out the frequency to cross over my components to the Brahma?
    That's a start BonusBobo -

But before you get that far even, you need to get on the gains for your subwoofer amplifier and likely turn them down. (about 98% of the vehicles I sit in require this).

Remember, you want to hear the music - not the subwoofer.

BonusBobo is offline Lightweight Sesh

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jlaine
    That's a start BonusBobo -

But before you get that far even, you need to get on the gains for your subwoofer amplifier and likely turn them down. (about 98% of the vehicles I sit in require this).

Remember, you want to hear the music - not the subwoofer.
    Thanks Jlaine, I appreciate this.

What if I want a little extra punchy bass in my music? I also just got a new HU: an Eclipse CD5423, which has 5V preouts, and I can of course turn down the subwoofer "level" from there. Is that enough, or do I literally have to go to the amp and turn the gain down?

-AJ

AIM: AJR775
    My CarDomain
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BonusBobo
    Thanks Jlaine, I appreciate this.

What if I want a little extra punchy bass in my music? I also just got a new HU: an Eclipse CD5423, which has 5V preouts, and I can of course turn down the subwoofer "level" from there. Is that enough, or do I literally have to go to the amp and turn the gain down?
    I've found that the majority of people don't realize where "punch" really comes from initially...

Extra 80~120hz information will make a system sound extra punchy, but the majority of that should be focused on the midbass up front.

Often the midbass being used can't hack it, so it's falling back on the subwoofer. Which of course, people turn their xover down low, so have to turn the gains up higher to get that region to be boosted because the crossover has already cut down the output at that region some. That adds to the drowning bass output I see so often.

As for gains:

In the ****-retentive sound quality way...

Yeah... you should.

Higher s/n ratio when you hit the gains at the amp... use the full potential of the 5v at the deck to keep noise away.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

User Tag List