Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reload Thread: I need some help...please help me with my whole setup

Big-Cat is offline Registered User

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I need some help...please help me with my whole setup

ok...my parents are afraid that if i buy something online, then we won't get a warrenty, and if we do, we'll have to send it back to the company and it'll take like 4-5 months to get the sub back. So, i basically need to get everything retail. there's a small business that just started and the guy said he could give me a two kove 12's, 300watts rms, and a jbl amp and box and install for 900, and then there's another guy that said that he could get me 2 AW1500Q with a 1600watt Audiobahn amp and install and box for like 1420, or 2 AW1200Q with the same amp for 1150, or i could go and get 2 JL Audio 12W3's with a JL 500/1 amp and install for like 1200. I still need a hu, and money is a very big factor, however i do want the most SPL that i could get. I would think that the Aw15's would give me the most. It'll be going into an Isuzu Rodeo. i want to be heard with this system. but it doesn't have to be heard blocks away, just something that shakes my seats, and can impress people when i turn it up. Other than that i just want it to give me nice bump. so what would you go with for the money?

jlman is offline Review Committee

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well in my opinion I would by online save around 500-700 dollars and istall yourself or take it to that guy and have him do it. And if you dont screw around and mess things up then you wont be sending it back to the company and if you do there is some places online that you can just send it back to the place you ordered which is alot faster. Plus if you get JL they are one of the most fastest companies to return fixed products so I would get them online and save hundreds.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    do you know of any sites that have a warranty? and i don't know anything about setups. I'm 16, and this will be my first system, i don't want to screw anything up, besides i need a ported box tuned to like 30-50 hz, and i know absolutely nothing about making boxes

jlman is offline Review Committee

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Dude why do you need a ported box? Buy a sealed one on ebay for like 29 dollars and are good boxes. As for warrenty places i dont know any but if you would buy off e-bay you would save so much and you live you learn mess somthing o well there is guys on here that will tell you not just me that we could give you info on how and where to set your system and if you have no clue like i said take it to one of those guys and they should'nt charge too much and like i said will save so much money.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i want a ported box because it'll give me better SPL, and better SQ. and my parents are paying for it. If i lose a couple hundred dollars my dad will go ape ****. Ya know? So i'd rather just be on the safe side

mr.cableboi is offline Pimp Of The Year

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    you going to pay all that money holly s**t balls. i get all my stuff online in get if install for no more then $300 depended on how much i need done.

RockFord Fosgate owns

Mark_ab is offline The Alpha Male

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Big-Cat
    i want a ported box because it'll give me better SPL, and better SQ. and my parents are paying for it. If i lose a couple hundred dollars my dad will go ape ****. Ya know? So i'd rather just be on the safe side
    A ported box will not give you better SQ.

Is this not a reasonable place to park?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    someone on here told me that a ported box wil give me better SQ and SPL, and a Sealed box is for SQ, and a bandpass box is for SPL

Sspider is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    if you want warranties, www.Cruchfield.com , they handle things fast, going to send in a pair i bought to the, was on hold for less then a minutes, they dont have supe rlow prices, but they a g0od site.

MxRacerCam is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    sealed boxes are absolutely the best sound quality setup. from your previous posts, it seemed like spl was your major concern, and since your finances are limited, i'd go with a simple ported box designed by your local shop. your 'rents are valid in their concerns about online purchases, and crutchfield is not the answer. you can get a local shop to match their prices no problem. since this is your first system, i'd really reccomend going with the local guy. not only will he help you tune your system, but you can learn a lot just hanging out down there (and get firsthand knowledge/experience, not just what a bunch of dudes online think is the best...) it's basically how i learned what i know, and your 'rents will feel a lot safer about shelling out the $$ for your system....

95 Ford Ranger Ext. Cab
    S.Q. System....

Clarion DXZ-716
    Boston Pro 6.5
    JL 300/4
    2) JL 10W3
    JL 500/1

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ported vs Sealed and of course Bandpass.

I totally agree with mx racer. Unless you're competing for ungodly SPL's or care nothing about sound quality then Bandpass is definitely NOT the way to go. Sealed enclosures offer the highest results in sound quality but require a little more amp. power. Ported enclosures make the most of your amplifier's power output. So like mx racer said if money is a concern and you want to "thump" anyway go to your local retailer and get hooked up with a ported enclosure and a good bang for the buck amplifier. Then later you can upgrade one or the other as you see fit.
    Larry

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    well, i was expecting to get a ported box, however, which one will give me nice SPL, i figure that the 15's will give me what i want, but it'll be expensive...what will be the loudest besides the 15's?

MxRacerCam is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    well, it's all about what you can afford. if you want the loudest and hardest hitting bass, and you can afford it, get the 15's. if you can't, i'd say the JL 12's and the 500/1 is a nice set up (i love that amp!)

95 Ford Ranger Ext. Cab
    S.Q. System....

Clarion DXZ-716
    Boston Pro 6.5
    JL 300/4
    2) JL 10W3
    JL 500/1

CrEaMXxPuFf is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i dunno...i hope that 1200 bucks gives you a custom trunk too. cuz i can get JL 12W3s for like 150 bucks each...then a box for like 70. And then the amp is about 500 bucks....where's 1200 ?? I'd say do it yourself. From what i've seen with my friends, JL has probably the BEST instructions. shows you how to wire the sub all different kinds of ways depending on what amp you have. Even shows you a diagram of how to build a freakin box if you were to just go to home depot and buy some 3/4" MDF wood.

CrEaMXxPuFf is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    one more thing....why do you want LOUD? wouldn't you rather have clean? sorry...i dunno how old you are but this is what happens... LOUD SYSTEM = SOMEONE GONNA JACK YOU. that's all it is....build a clean system, take your time. if you don't have a headunit...why not start with that? buy an Eclipse 8061....(homer impression) ummmmm....8 volt preouts....uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Don't forget the Balanced Line Adapater......ummmmmmmmmm.....16 volt preout...... Get that, then a Precision power PCX-2400....get some nice JL 15s....throw it down to 2ohms with 800 watts....yum...there's a system if you want POUNDING bass

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast