Closed Thread

Reload Thread: SPL: 4-15's

B&R Innovation2 is offline www.soundhertz.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

SPL: 4-15's

Well I am now begining my search for my next set of subs. Currently I'm running W3's...and they aren't cutting it.
    I have a Better Audio 1600m1 and would get a second one to run all 4. (as well a tandem HO alternator)

anyways.
    I'm going for an SPL wall setup and would like to spend <$1000 but would go up to 1200 possibly. What are some drivers that have really made a big impression when you've heard them?

The box would be a SPL tuned box with external bolt on ports for daily driving. (and probably only one amp on powering 2)

Let me know

I used to spend a lot of my free time here. It was fun I suppose. Still rocking the 9515 and Better Audio amp haha.

How's incriminator stuff these days?

BDIDDY is offline Sittin' Slick

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by B&R Innovation2
    Well I am now begining my search for my next set of subs. Currently I'm running W3's...and they aren't cutting it.
    I have a Better Audio 1600m1 and would get a second one to run all 4. (as well a tandem HO alternator)

anyways.
    I'm going for an SPL wall setup and would like to spend <$1000 but would go up to 1200 possibly. What are some drivers that have really made a big impression when you've heard them?

The box would be a SPL tuned box with external bolt on ports for daily driving. (and probably only one amp on powering 2)

Let me know
    I would seriously go with the sexxx's. 880 for 4 and you could probably do high 150's with that setup. But why not 2 real real good 15's. 9915's or something with a 1600 on each. Or why not 1600 on each coil with the 9915. That way you would probably be in M1 and would eat everyone alive.

"Just have to remember to take everything in stride, and don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today because there might not be a tomorrow. " <---- RAMOS

Profliepower is the funniest guy ever...

abcdefg is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by B&R Innovation2

anyways.

Let me know

so u got the amp?

Pioneer Premier DEH-660
    1 12inch ED k
    2 12inch RE HC's
    Hifonics brutus 1000d
    infinity kappa 6 1/2 components
    polk 5 1/4's
    US Acoustics USX2080
    sony cd player-4sale
    jensen 4's- 4sale

check this out guys:
    http://www.sounddomain.com/id/tumultgoboomboom

Aim= wrde2005
    Email= [email protected]
    Aol instant message= wrde333

packerfan is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BDIDDY
    I would seriously go with the sexxx's. 880 for 4 and you could probably do high 150's with that setup. But why not 2 real real good 15's. 9915's or something with a 1600 on each. Or why not 1600 on each coil with the 9915. That way you would probably be in M1 and would eat everyone alive.
    If your gonna send only 3200 watts to a single 9915 you might as well get a 9515 cuz those 99xx's are a ***** to get moving with less then 5000 watts and i know it because i know somone runnin a single one on 6000 watts but used to have 3000 on each and the single is just as loud with 6000 on it.

Eclipse CD7000
    MTX TA7804
    Eclipse SC8365
    MTX TA92001
    9 Elemental Designs 13Ov.2's (15.5 cu ft ported box)
    O/1g All around, 2 Yellow tops, big 3.

B&R Innovation2 is offline www.soundhertz.com

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well If I went with 2 15's right now I guess I could get 2 more later. But I would really like to have all 4 for next season. I am pretty sure that I would not be able to power more than 3 Better Audio's (or similar)

This amp is potent enough as it is and as I mentioned I'd rather buy another and keep it down to 3200 watts x 4. Though 1600 to two does sound tempting...

Gosh now I dont know.

Links people...links

I used to spend a lot of my free time here. It was fun I suppose. Still rocking the 9515 and Better Audio amp haha.

How's incriminator stuff these days?

BDIDDY is offline Sittin' Slick

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by packerfan
    If your gonna send only 3200 watts to a single 9915 you might as well get a 9515 cuz those 99xx's are a ***** to get moving with less then 5000 watts and i know it because i know somone runnin a single one on 6000 watts but used to have 3000 on each and the single is just as loud with 6000 on it.
    sorry about that I meant 95 series.I would go with 1 15 so you would be in M1. Those 95's are potent from what I hear.

www.ddaudio.com

"Just have to remember to take everything in stride, and don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today because there might not be a tomorrow. " <---- RAMOS

Profliepower is the funniest guy ever...

Closed Thread