Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Reload Thread: Ported SQ enclosure for Death Penalty 21?

stuckinok is offline Sick My Duck

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Ported SQ enclosure for Death Penalty 21?

I think that instead of SQ you just mean daily right? In that you want a 21in DP for a daily set-up? Ifthats the case just keep the tunning low around 32-34 maybe 36 at the highest and it should be fine for daily

Team High Desert Mobile Electronics ABQ, NM

wisconsin is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have messaged several people on this forum selling used newer style XXX's, but they are all very shady and do not send actual pics or respond to messages or send reverences. I have looked at Critical Mass UL12's, but they are pricey and some do not believe the hype of them. I messaged FI about a good comparison to the V3 XXX and didn't even receive a response. I also tried to design a good low tuned enclosure for the newer xxx (around 33hz or below) and it got pretty large to get it that low. Seemed like it would just be a more efficient use of space to get a larger woofer to tune it low. The problem is that a newer style XXX 15" even used, is very expensive.

mjf
    mjf is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wisconsin View Post
    P.S. I never said the sub would make me look cool. I have heard good reviews on them and that is all. I had other RE gear way before the split and way before FI was created. At that time, nobody around here had even heard of RE. I have also owned TC Sounds gear from a while back as well as older Elemental Designs gear. I am not a newb. I just want to get something that nobody around here has. I haven't heard one enclosure recommendation yet, just a bunch of sarcastic comments. Why is that all people post on this forum? I am not asking about crap Boss Audio equipment or how many "watts" a sub puts out. I am asking legitmate enclosure design questions. Just because the sub may be geared more for SPL doesn't mean that I cannot build an enclosure designed more for SQ to get the best mix possible out of the combination.

again, its simple. running a brand no one knows of in your area so you can show it off to them and say "oh look what i have, isnt it awesome?" , because you think it makes you look cool by having stuff other people dont.

mjf

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stuckinok View Post
    I think that instead of SQ you just mean daily right? In that you want a 21in DP for a daily set-up? Ifthats the case just keep the tunning low around 32-34 maybe 36 at the highest and it should be fine for daily
    sq? id be in the 20's

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Their website recommends 7.5 -10 cubes, 32-37 hz, and 90-160 sq. inches of port. I played around with RE's enclosure calculator (don't have any other software at this time, but I could probably download some). I came up with 8.22 cubes net (8.492 with displacement and port) tuned to 32hz and 112.5 square inches of port. I don't know if that is enough port area or if I should try to make the enclosure smaller or make it take up the full 10 cubes that they recommend. That kind of information is the stuff that I need advice on, not on whether or not I should get the sub. The manufacturer's website is missing the T/S specs, so that doesn't help any, either.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'd tune it in the 20's or below if I were using it for home theater. This is for daily driving and listening to a variety of music. I tuned my last enclosure to 30hz and it was fine for the variety of music that I listen to.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mjf View Post
    sq? id be in the 20's
    if your going to tune that low why would you buy a DP? Like said above SQ is subjective. I dont see why somone would buy a Pure SPL sub then tune it so low that it defeats the purpose. If the OP want a big sub that he could tune low then get a MACH 5 IXL18

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I do not show my equipment off. That is how it gets stolen. I only show it off to my friends, and they aren't really into car audio, except for the one that bought my old sub. If anything, I wouldn't want to show it off to him b/c he is the reason that I need a new sub (bought my old one from me). He liked it so much that he wouldn't stop bugging me about it. I have the room for the large sub and I want a quality enclosure that will make it sound as good as possible for what it is, and I want it to last. That's all. I had my other sub for years and was completely satisfied with it. If you can, please share advice on the required enclosure size, port area, etc. I appreciate all positive and useful comments.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Looking at the mach 5 now, per your suggestion.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I do not show my equipment off. That is how it gets stolen. I only show it off to my friends, and they aren't really into car audio, except for the one that bought my old sub. If anything, I wouldn't want to show it off to him b/c he is the reason that I need a new sub (bought my old one from me). He liked it so much that he wouldn't stop bugging me about it. I have the room for the large sub and I want a quality enclosure that will make it sound as good as possible for what it is, and I want it to last. That's all. I had my other sub for years and was completely satisfied with it. If you can, please share advice on the required enclosure size, port area, etc. I appreciate all positive and useful comments.
    You cant really get mad at us for jumping on you because your OG question is very stupid IMHO Iam not talking **** it's just how I feel. I mean come on. You asked about making the most SQ out of a sub that was created having nothing to do with SQ. Why would you buy a Pure SPL sub then be worried about SQ?

streetbeater07 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

AA Havoc would be a solid contender as well, for what you're wanting to do. If you want to go with IA, why not look at the Death Row series?

Head unit: Premier deh-p510ub
    Mid: Kicker......rs56.2, front, rs56.2, rear
    Mid amp: Kicker sx700.4
    Subs: (3) 12 AA Havoc D2
    Electrical:.... dual runs of 1/0 to the rear & redtop up front (3) yellowtops in rear
    Mechman 270A H.O. alt
    Refs
    Bought from: ktsstratus, onebad71, focalrock4life, SPY, Wkbdkid
    Sold to: JBLCAMRY, jbizzle, Blados, cheeseburger35, bumpingp19, boom24, vickman08, BumpinKota

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

At a boy... Mach 5 is the **** and dont let the low price fool you. I hated Canada until I used Mach 5 products.

mjf

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by streetbeater07 View Post
    AA Havoc would be a solid contender as well, for what you're wanting to do. If you want to go with IA, why not look at the Death Row series?
    FLATLYNE!

its their sq series, cmon.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I am not upset. I hear lots of flamers and haters on this forum. It's full of them. I guess I just have to get a thick skin and take what info I can from the few useful posts I come across. It definitely makes one think twice about posting anything at all around here. As I said before, I know what the sub is for and I never praised it as anything near an SQ woofer. I think I will try it and report back. I think rather than hate and flame on me, people that think it will sound like **** should urge me to try it, post some pics and videos and report back. You never know....as wise forum members should know......"It's all in the install!"

Well, we know that's not competely true, but there is a big difference b/t a good install and a bad install. Don't flame me for trying to accomplish the best sounding enclosure possible for this setup. Good night kids. I'll check back tomorrow.

tcguy85 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

you can get flat response down to 20hz with a ported sub tuned to 30hz no need to tune in the twenties.

07 Scion tC: 880PRS, ID OEM 6.5" mids, Seas neo alum tweets, DD S4 and DD C2a amps, Dayton Ref H.O. 10(.7net, tuned to 30hz)

HT: Samsung PN58B560 - 80gig PS3 - Yamaha RX-V2500 - Infinity Alpha 50 mains - Alpha center - Harmon Kardon HKB6 rears, Epik Sentinel & ED eQ.2.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast