Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Looking for something different...

Plottin4success is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Looking for something different...

New to the forums. I have 2 Kicker CVR 12s wired at 1ohms from a Planet Audio RXD1000. They are in seperate .88 ft sealed boxes. I want to go ported. I am looking into either 2 RE SE 12s or one SX 12. The box I designed is 56" long x 15" high x 6" top depth x 9" bottom depth. The box is tuned to 33 hrtz. I designed the box on RE Audio's box calculator. It came out to 2.347 cubic feet. The box is going in my 04 single cab Silverado. What I am wanting to know is can I run both SE 12s in that box, or would I have to stick with one SX12? The recc'd box for the SE12 is 2ft at 33hrtz. Can I run 2 of them in that box, or do I have to double the volume for two subs? I know a little bit about car audio, but when it comes to the math behing designing a ported box, Im hopeless. I hooked the system up myself. The truck came with the PA amp, some cheap *** Audiobahn 10s, and some cheap Hifonics Atlas comps in the doors. I just put in the CVR 12s and an Alpine deck.

Also, any other sub reccomendations? The max mounting depth I can work with is 6 3/4". My budget is $500 for subs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Looking for something different...

Im not sure what the mounting depth of SEs ans SXs are but im pretty sure its greater then 6"....if not id put 1 SE 12 in that box you designed.

edit: mounting depth on both subs is 6.5" you're skinning it...did your mounting depth account for the slope of the front of the box?

Refs:: Bolognablake, jailhouseracer8, nismos14, PhatTonyDeMarco, Vikinglax18, rcantu, SPL140.2 (x3), pioneerpimp, Yunvme666, matrxx dude, TooLoud4TV, ABSOLUTEAUDIO, Jando86, vitveet, bobtista, connersdad19, TSGP, TeamPSI

Plottin4success is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

They are both 6.5" deep.

How do the CVRs compare to the SEs?

The CVRs hit pretty good but dont sound all that great to me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

the enclosure has a lot to do with the performance of a sub.

I'm personally partial to RE over Kicker.

From a financial standpoint it may be smarter to just build a nice box and see how the CVRs sound in it..you may decide you dont need to buy different subs.

Refs:: Bolognablake, jailhouseracer8, nismos14, PhatTonyDeMarco, Vikinglax18, rcantu, SPL140.2 (x3), pioneerpimp, Yunvme666, matrxx dude, TooLoud4TV, ABSOLUTEAUDIO, Jando86, vitveet, bobtista, connersdad19, TSGP, TeamPSI

luv2shrOOm is offline In my TONKA !!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

port the box you have now with pvc pipe, and stuff it full of polyfill. thats what i did with my three re 8"s and i noticed a HUGE difference and didn't have to spend but $10!
    worth a try

Refs:
    ~Finalwolf
    ~Wrathchild281
    ~Cleansoundz
    ~Wkdbkid
    ~SubNit
    ~Leister
    ~Adas
    ~SELFMADE
    ~Goindef154
    ~ProjectPechkin