Closed Thread

Reload Thread: How do you think this will sound??

granta_05 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

How do you think this will sound??

Hey I'm putting my first system in my extended cab truck and I just want to know if this setup will hit hard. I'm getting an Orion XTR 900.2 and 2 12" rockford Punch HX2's. I'm sort of new in the whole car audio thing, and I just want to know some people's opinions on how this will sound. If you have any suggestions for a system that will sound better for about $600(subs and amp) let me know.
    Thanks
    Last edited by granta_05; 07-06-2003 at 01:05 AM.

swimfreak26 is offline I am cool

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Should be loud, but will not be the prettiest sounding thing you have ever heard (although it really won't sound "bad").

Looks good to me for a first setup....but you may want to look around a little more first. I would recommend, if you have the depth, looking at a single 15A (www.edesignaudio.com) and any amp that puts out between 800-1400watts RMS....I will be powering mine with a crossfire-1000d (1000-1200watts at 1ohm)

You could also look into a pair of Re SE's, or ed K's, maybe a single brahama (sp?)....or if you would like to save money, pick up some pioneer premiers on ebay. All of these subs should do very well depending on what you are looking for....

The k's are 50/50 spl/sq, Se's are more spl (but will still sound clean), brahama will get really loud and have great sq, same with the A, and the pioneers may lack in output, but have pretty good sq.

To see where the hx2's fit in, they would be quite loud, but not have the sq of any of the subs listed above.....tell us what you're looking for and we may be able to help better

Fuc, how come when I copy and paste **** it never gives me the cool blue thing in my sig. Sonofa*****withhotredtabascosauceonmynutz!!!!!
    References: g30ffr3y,Cjjackson85,Pearldrummer, Rattlebrain, Harrison486, excelerater, ax600, XtrmAudioCncpts

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well I'm looking for something that's going to hit hard, but still have pretty good SQ. I'm looking to spend around $600 or so for subs and amp.

swimfreak26 is offline I am cool

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    As I did.....I would personally go with a single 15A just because it should give a very nice boom and sound excellent doing it.

As for an amp....look for something around 1000watts RMS.

I'll tell you for sure how this all sounds when mine comes in so I can give a non-speculated opinion.

Fuc, how come when I copy and paste **** it never gives me the cool blue thing in my sig. Sonofa*****withhotredtabascosauceonmynutz!!!!!
    References: g30ffr3y,Cjjackson85,Pearldrummer, Rattlebrain, Harrison486, excelerater, ax600, XtrmAudioCncpts

musclehead is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hey man, thats a great deal from thezeb. i think you made an excellent choice. your sub doesnt have to be an ed or re to sound good. your not entering any sq or spl competitions are you? it should sound good. especially for an average listener. and it will be hard for one 15a to be as loud as those two twelves. you may think the rockfords sound better than the a. oh yeah, the amp you have is awesome. good purchase .

ball to i fall
    nothing to hide no not at all
    pockets be fat and im just that cat
    lil ones dont know st.louis and how we roll
    we bump our sounds and go to car shows.
    im used to hatas, cuz i was the brotha on the block
    cuz with the papa (paper).
    chilled out cuz i dont want to be a statistic
    living straight, nothing strange just trying to make it.

im like to spend on me.
    but money dont make me.
    just trying to get me me

musclehead is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by cmk9210
    are you serious?
    lol, yes im serious. my younger brother didnt like the sound of my 15hc. he like his two punch he's. and as far as stupidity..... i wont even go there with you man.
    what im saying is he may like the sound of 2 hx2 twelves over one 15a. yes the bass may be a little "boomy", but he may like it like that. especiallty if he listens to hip hop. i never heard any ed, but if one 15a will out spl two hx2 twelves then it must be an awesone sub. again, very good buy for only $599. yes he could of spent a little less, and got a class d amp and two comparable subs. but he has this system and im sure that he will be happy with what he bought.

ball to i fall
    nothing to hide no not at all
    pockets be fat and im just that cat
    lil ones dont know st.louis and how we roll
    we bump our sounds and go to car shows.
    im used to hatas, cuz i was the brotha on the block
    cuz with the papa (paper).
    chilled out cuz i dont want to be a statistic
    living straight, nothing strange just trying to make it.

im like to spend on me.
    but money dont make me.
    just trying to get me me

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I thought it was a pretty good deal myself. Yeah I know I could probably find something better for about the same price. I'm not even completely sure I'm going to get this setup it is just something I am thinking about. I listen to almost all rap and I just thought those 2 HX2 12's would be nice to have in there. And I've heard nothing but good things so far about Orion amps.

Closed Thread

User Tag List