Closed Thread

Reload Thread: MA Audio Subs?

Sierra08! is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

MA Audio Subs?

I saw today that Cruthfield has some new MA thins mount subs that can handle 500RMS, and mounts around 3 inch deep, anyone use MA?

Hoodlum007 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: MA Audio Subs?

Not a fan of MA Audio myself.

bones22 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

if you are on a very limited budget they arent to bad

Louisiana_CRX is offline dem shoes......

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

good budget subs....

Current 2010 Louisiana USACi State Records :

Trunk 0-1000.................. 151.3
    StreetBeat 2................... 145.6
    Stock 1801-up.................153.8
    SuperStock 1801-up..........154.2
    Top three in 11 out of 26 power classes and Louisiana USACi Points Leader at 465

pshoup06 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I run two hk12x2 i have to say they are really good i did 142 at 40hz which isnt bad i think. but if i were u i would look into some other ones like xl which arent that bad of a sub my buddy was going to run 4 18 xl's but decided to run treo ssx's all and all i like the brand and they always have a amplifier to produce wat u want.

ABSOLUTEAUDIO is offline Life starts at 150db

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I have sold ma for 4 years now, They make good subs and amps for the price! They do make great high end gear also like the eho subs and the new hk10000 amp. over all they make good gear if your looking for price=performace than ma is a good option. the ma thin mount subs are nice. I would stay away from the other ma subs they sell (very low end). If your going ma for subs stay with XL,HK,EHO or XE.

REF'S PatFitz9 SPY hawaiian5 ViolentAudio OoMesKoO lostdaytomorrow jybfan04 amr952 Mr.Coogi slab Zorasmiles J3MConcepts Grinder1989 HATCHET WARRIOR
    Jeeper94 pimpinmex803 DJNitrous427 austinvc hazardous0388 avs20 Davecubs14 Goindef154 CgFire teamsolo groundpounder4200 x2o 94'BLKBRD michaellane tehbert0 plugitin KAC1023 kraudio12 Vortec Stroker blkmrideon22s Slowd N Throwd
    waylouderthanyo Cadillac713 Bumpin-dah8o8 loudwhat?

audioatg is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ran Run Ma Audio Amps Speakers Subs line drivers for over 12 years. Very Good products. Cant go wrong with running them.

Terrytowe22 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i got some ma audio subs sound good i got the 120xe subs 4 12s trying to sell them lmk if interested

davesexplorer is offline Too much fun.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pshoup06 View Post
    I run two hk12x2 i have to say they are really good i did 142 at 40hz which isnt bad i think. but if i were u i would look into some other ones like xl which arent that bad of a sub my buddy was going to run 4 18 xl's but decided to run treo ssx's all and all i like the brand and they always have a amplifier to produce wat u want.
    Those subs have more in them, I was at a 148.9 with two of them dbdrag street B in 2005 when they first came out. And I ****** at dbdrag!

Ma audio subs were great for me, had XE's, Synergy's and the X2's they are great for the low cost you can typically get em for.

'03 Expedition FX4 5.4
    Alpine IVA-W200 & Blackbird Docked
    Kicker SS 5 1/4 Components Front
    Kicker RS 5 1/4 Components Rear
    Kicker SX900.4
    DD 9515F

Sub amp???

My Rides

dbphelps is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I bought a pair of the MA Audio HK1201F thin-mount subs for a custom install on my Camaro convertible.

I haven't had a chance to build the specific boxes for the install, but I did mount one of the subs in a 1cu/ft enclosure to give it a good 'listen' and all I can say is that for a thin-mount sub they have excellent output, in both volume (it gets loud) as well as depth (as it digs quite deep, about 30-35hz as far as I can tell in teh 1cu/ft box)... It will probably go deeper in a larger enclosure...

It will handle 500rms without issue, I am certain of that... I ran it with about 800-900rms into 4 ohms and it handled it beautifully for the 3-4 hours I listened to it driving around...

A pair of these will be plenty in my convertible, I am certain of that after the audition with a single.

One thing to consider is that they are single voice-coil 4 ohm subs, so a pair can be wired to 2-ohm at the lowest, which is fine for my setup, as I am a firm believer in running class-d sub amps at the highest ohm load to maximize voicecoil control. I'll give up some output for better accuracy... And with these, they are quite musical as well...

qkassidyw is offline MECP Master Certified

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

RE Audio is now making some shallow mount subs and the new JL Audio shallow mounts look nice too.

$.02

07 F150 Extended Cab FX2 Sport
    Kenwood KDC-BT945U - And that's about it...

GAM3OVR is offline Jeka is Back

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ABSOLUTEAUDIO View Post
    I have sold ma for 4 years now, They make good subs and amps for the price! They do make great high end gear also like the eho subs and the new hk10000 amp. over all they make good gear if your looking for price=performace than ma is a good option. the ma thin mount subs are nice. I would stay away from the other ma subs they sell (very low end). If your going ma for subs stay with XL,HK,EHO or XE.
    as a seller of a product you're demoting it?

Bad sales you must have.

REFS:
    Sold to: stevew007, Worstenemy453, HelloImBob, All_Rice, Durney, sixfootman2005, jaes90, d-REW, RidnClean, Pbateman
    Bought from: Lousiana_crx, 96impala, KHARPS, Pjvoc, WhiteIce, Dvcevoblack, Jrgreene1968, Zack39648, Dave_Damage, Freelander, Connersdad19, Slammed, Ali1, TeamSouthrnBass, RXZILLA, oldschool4me, Fusion_FREAK, Simpsonbuck, Acex3a, jaredspl, JEXTEL, jamesw, orangelss, Ridinhi, 01 S 10, jmkanek, luv2shrOOm, braggpawn, sub2weeker, tv559, Alanhall,
    Traded with: Duece212, cleansoundz, kcdc30, got_focus?, 90accordman, BASS_WARRIOR, crazyman03,

Smurfygotmojo=scammer!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by qkassidyw View Post
    RE Audio is now making some shallow mount subs and the new JL Audio shallow mounts are very nice.

$.02
    fixed

REFS:
    Sold to: stevew007, Worstenemy453, HelloImBob, All_Rice, Durney, sixfootman2005, jaes90, d-REW, RidnClean, Pbateman
    Bought from: Lousiana_crx, 96impala, KHARPS, Pjvoc, WhiteIce, Dvcevoblack, Jrgreene1968, Zack39648, Dave_Damage, Freelander, Connersdad19, Slammed, Ali1, TeamSouthrnBass, RXZILLA, oldschool4me, Fusion_FREAK, Simpsonbuck, Acex3a, jaredspl, JEXTEL, jamesw, orangelss, Ridinhi, 01 S 10, jmkanek, luv2shrOOm, braggpawn, sub2weeker, tv559, Alanhall,
    Traded with: Duece212, cleansoundz, kcdc30, got_focus?, 90accordman, BASS_WARRIOR, crazyman03,

Smurfygotmojo=scammer!!!

flores210 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

IMO i think they are pretty good for the price. a friend of mine is running 2 10"xl's and a hk401sx and a audio force af1100 in a ported box tuned at 40hz and is doing a 143 in his 03 mustang gt

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

HK401sx

had 2 fail out of 2 i have seen....

awfully cheap though

REFS:

Smurfygotmojo=scammer!!!

Closed Thread