Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Focal Polyglass 33V1 13" - What Enclosure Type, Amp, Wiring, H/U Is Best

mokinooch is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Icon7 Focal Polyglass 33V1 13" - What Enclosure Type, Amp, Wiring, H/U Is Best

Hi Gang!

I'm thinking of doing just ONE of these subs in my Jeep Cherokee. Do you think that's enough or should I go for two? If I do two, should I have one box or two?

Is Sealed the best way to go with these Focal subs? or ported, vented, bandpass?

What is the best amp to use...I want best Sound Quality without breaking the bank, but also a lot of Deep End Bass

Basically, how should my setup look with the Focal 13" as the centerpiece?

Thanks for all your help!

08redgti is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Focal Polyglass 33V1 13" - What Enclosure Type, Amp, Wiring, H/U Is Best

I currently run all focal polyglass components, but I am getting ready to upgrade to the polyglass subs as well (hopefully soon). Go with a sealed enclosure, not vented. Also, focal sells this padding that looks like auralex to line your box. I can't remember what it's called, but the shop I deal with was telling me about it. Supposedly, it will make a big difference on the sound quality of the subs.

SQChevy is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You can do either. If you like the ability to get a lot of bass out for some stuff then go with a tuned ported box. I've got my 2 40 A's in a ported box and it sounds great. It is still nice and clean sound but can still get loud.

2002 Green Chevy Z-71 Extended Cab pickup with bed cover - VEHICLE IS NO MORE
    Alpine VPA-B222 VehicleHub Pro, DVA-5210, TME-M770S, PXA-H700, KCA-100BT, TUA-T500HD
    Focal Be Tweeters, Be 6.5" Midrange, 21WX 8" Sub, 2x 40A 15" Subwoofer
    Focal 2 FP 1.800, FP 4.75
    2004/2005/2006 USACI World Champion
    2003 World Finalist

mokinooch is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Icon10 Re: Focal Polyglass 33V1 13" - What Enclosure Type, Amp, Wiring, H/U Is Best

Focal recommends sealed (I know that are not as efficient but....doesn't that give tighter more accurate bass response? Does anyone know where to buy a good sealed box for this particular sub?

Can someone name a few good SQ amps that will push approx 400 watts RMS.

For head units, should I go high end Alpine or Pioneer? Any other suggestions I'm open to....

Robahr24 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

08redgti....are you using the 165V1's, how do they sound, thinking those or hertz hsk165's.

Closed Thread