Closed Thread

Reload Thread: 2x FI BTL 18's vs. 2x IA DP 18's (2008 Models)

djvi0lent is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2x FI BTL 18's vs. 2x IA DP 18's (2008 Models)

Hey guys, I need a little input on which 2 subs to go with. I got rid of the BL's from my sig and I'm ready to order a pair of the 2 subs mentioned within the next 48hrs. The setup is 6cubes each after all displacement tuned @ 39hz(175.5sq inches of port area). They will be fed by 2 Orion 2500D's. I know there aren't many people that have tested these subs yet but please give which you would choose, and why. Also, ideas on which will sound better with given setup.

Thanks

CarAudio.com
    Refs: $LICK CALIFA$ CrazedCat, RoLLaxPhile, Pickler, BassAddictJ, zachzchw, Digital B, 6spdcoupe, pik, NightDrifter05, revrider1, siacarman, HowLowd, TeamPSI, negativezeroz, DUMPED, MurderedOut, Team H&K, Inboost, C32Dood

Alternator: 200A Mean-Green [FOR SALE - $250 shipped] (come off of a 2005 Buick Century)

Joseph M is offline 149.00 db club.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: 2x FI BTL 18's vs. 2x IA DP 18's (2008 Models)

i have just one btl (fully loaded ) and i am quite impressed by it. it gets extremely low and only sounds better as time goes on. but i have no expeirence with the IA

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well, I said fvckit and ordered the BTL's! Thank you Joseph for the one and only reply.

CarAudio.com
    Refs: $LICK CALIFA$ CrazedCat, RoLLaxPhile, Pickler, BassAddictJ, zachzchw, Digital B, 6spdcoupe, pik, NightDrifter05, revrider1, siacarman, HowLowd, TeamPSI, negativezeroz, DUMPED, MurderedOut, Team H&K, Inboost, C32Dood

Alternator: 200A Mean-Green [FOR SALE - $250 shipped] (come off of a 2005 Buick Century)

BassAddictJ is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

good call man. im in love with my 15. sounds amazing and is doing suprisingly well in my 3cub @ 33hz box. took a week to break in and now its just pure ear ***

Team American Power Systems
    Pioneer Avic N5 Navi + CD-UB100 USB Adapter. RARE Circa 1996 PPI Ax606.2 in BLACK (1 of 400ish made) with 2 rare black graphic spacers.
    CDT DRT-25 1'' Silk Dome Tweeters / CDT ES-04 4'' Midranges / RE Audio XXX 6.5'' 2ohm Neo Mids In Glassed Kick Pods
    American Power Systems 240amp H.O. Alty / (2) Deka 8a31, 1/0 front to back.
    Unknown Prototype 3k @ 1ohm. TRF/PSI 8 layer 4in coil hybrid beast in 3 cubs @ 33Hz / Raammat 40sqft in the trunk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Haunz View Post
    You could put 12V to my balls and clamp my dick to get 3kW+.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
    Glad this got bumped so I could fap to it again.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BassAddictJ View Post
    good call man. im in love with my 15. sounds amazing and is doing suprisingly well in my 3cub @ 33hz box. took a week to break in and now its just pure ear ***

Sweet. You got any pics of your install? I'd love to see some.. vids would be awesome too.

CarAudio.com

Closed Thread