Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Will a fosgate 15 he2 and a fosgate 400.4 work well together? Zane or people who know

Unregistered Guest

Will a fosgate 15 he2 and a fosgate 400.4 work well together? Zane or people who know

Yea i got a rock fosgate he2 15 500rms 1000max sub and was wanting to get a 400.4 now i can get this cheap and is near new amp now would i just bridge each channel and run it to each coil or what i dunno much but do know that 2 ohms the most power so is there a way i can run the sub parrlell into the 4 channel amp to get the most outta it?

natem33 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Bridge each channel to one voice coil. I had a 15 inch HE2 and a 400.4 that I sold to a friend. It works just fine and sounds awesome in his 2000 Mustang.

Unregistered Guest

thanks man so it sounds good what did you tune that amp too what gains and crossever frequency and **** does it have alot of thump or just a little?

zane is offline Bored.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I also used the same set up- however, I did increase my HE2 15's to the quantity of 4 shortly after. Just as said above- bridge the amp into 2 channels and wire each channel to 1 coil.
    Mine was set up in the trunk of an 85 T-bird, and tuned to approximately 68Hz at the port. This was in an amazingly insane 3.5ft^3 enclosure- which is completely off of RF's spec, however, it worked quite well.
    Plenty of low end all arround!

This should be a very durable set up for you.

take it easy,

-zane

Webslave - www.SoundwavesCS.net

"The man who goes alone can start today; but he who travels with another must wait till that other is ready."

- Henry David Thoreau

Unregistered Guest

Ok I only have one set of RCAS so how am i gonna hook it up to get all 4 channels?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    A "Y" cord adaptor/splitter for your RCS's would work for you here. Most all Car Audio Stores carry these..

take it easy,

-zane

"The man who goes alone can start today; but he who travels with another must wait till that other is ready."

- Henry David Thoreau

Big-Cat is offline Registered User

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    wait...so about the hu only having 1 preout, i'm just about to get my system, and it'd save some money if i bought a hu with only 1 or 2 preouts, and it'd give me a wider selection...should i just stick with the 3 preouts?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If you can purchase your HU with the pre-outs - do so. If you allready have a HU with only 1 out- the best thing to do is upgrade. However, it is not always the most cost effective way at the moment.

take it easy,

-zane

- Henry David Thoreau

Unregistered Guest

Ok how bout if i bridged one channel of the amp and wired the sub down into 2 ohms parrlell this guy here in my town told me it would sound the best at that Or should i send one rca to the right channel to one side and the other sides right channel and just wire it without bridgeing it which out of all of them wuld sound the best and i just heard a Jl 12 w3 in a power wedge box on a little *** punch 45.2 and **** it hit harder than hell will my sub compare to his?

Unregistered Guest

Hey man I got it hooked up last night and it sound alright not hittin really hard and thats with the gain all the way up. It is in a 1.75 box which is off the specs but anyway i just sent both wires to one channel and brideged em into one channel into 4ohms i dunno all that well anyway it didnt even hit as hard as that W0 ot W3 my bad and it was in the same car he did have a different cd player will that help i can get one with 3 outputs will hit make it hit anyharder?

Unregistered Guest

Oh ya what size box would you recommened and that was a JL audio w0 and will my sub hit harder?

Unregistered Guest

ANYONE?????????

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    For the second time........

Get a set of RCA Y cords/Splitters- they make one RCA end into two. This way you are able to use all channels of your amplifier. Bridge Channels 1 and 2 together and send them to 1 VC. Bridge Channels 3 and 4 together and send them to the other VC. You really only have this option with a 4 chanel amp. You are turning it into a 2 Channel amp effectively. Since you have a DVC woofer- your only option is to use the amp Bridged stereo. Mono Bridging of a 4 channel amp is not possible.

Your enclosure sounds about right for your sub, you may want to try to reduce the volume to 1.4ft^3 -as I have had particularly good luck with these subs there. It shouldnt make that much of a difference- however, may be worth a shot.

Lastly, NEVER under any circumstance turn the gain control to maximum. This produces clipping which can lead to woofer failure.

Make sure that your crossover is set to low pass at 80Hz or lower.

take it easy,

-zane

- Henry David Thoreau

Unregistered Guest

Sorry to keep bothering you its just that i am pretty new to all this I decided not to get the amp too much trouble what else will push this sub and for a price of 200 dollars? I was looking at a soundstorm 1000 watt amp for only 95 bucks sounds too good to be true also looking at a lanzar vibe 1000 watter for 155 all 2 channel LOL I also got a box from speakerhole.com 1.5 or would you reccomend a 2.0?

Closed Thread