Closed Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Reload Thread: I need some help with this setup

  1. #1
    Jwiley187's Avatar
    Jwiley187 is offline Junior Member



    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    FoRT WoRTH, TeXaS
    Posts
    14
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    I need some help with this setup

    Hey, what's up ya'll... I'm slowly trying to piece together a ****** system... What is all the stuff that I'll need for a 1994 Ford Explorer? And what size component speakers would fit in it?

    so far i've got a alpine 9815 head unit

    spearkers - undecided
    might get 2 12w7s or 2 Ed12a's

    still looking at the sub amps







  2. #2
    nswartley's Avatar
    nswartley is offline Down and out...



    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    (Near) San Jose, CA
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,879
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    it seems like price is not a huge issue...which is a good thing

    i would go with the w7s in that case, and power them with an amp that is ~1500 watts. it all depends. you want SQ? SPL? SQL?

    also, what size alternator do you have?

    there are tons more possiblilties out there...let us know.

    -nate




  3. #3
    Jwiley187's Avatar
    Jwiley187 is offline Junior Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    FoRT WoRTH, TeXaS
    Posts
    14
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'm upgrading to a 200 amp alternator within 2 weeks...

    SQL is both pretty good SQ and SPL, right? If so, that's what I'm looking for...

    You're right, when it comes to car audio, price really isn't a big issue to me. I'll shell out the money for high quality stuff...

    What all speakers could I fit into the Explorer? I'll be needing speakers in the front & rear.... perhaps running an amp to them if I need to... what would go best with 2 12w7s?

    Thanks!




  4. #4
    nswartley's Avatar
    nswartley is offline Down and out...



    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    (Near) San Jose, CA
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,879
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Jwiley187
    I'm upgrading to a 200 amp alternator within 2 weeks...

    SQL is both pretty good SQ and SPL, right? If so, that's what I'm looking for...

    You're right, when it comes to car audio, price really isn't a big issue to me. I'll shell out the money for high quality stuff...

    What all speakers could I fit into the Explorer? I'll be needing speakers in the front & rear.... perhaps running an amp to them if I need to... what would go best with 2 12w7s?

    Thanks!
    for 2 12 W7s......a ton of amps out there. go into the 'Amplifier' section and look at the 1000+ Watt Amps sticky and check out the possibilities. 2 JL 1000/1s would be nice....ive heard 2 12 W7s run off those 2 amps and it was loud as hell. you would be very happy with that.

    are your front speakers 6.5s? you will want a nice set of components up there...
    Focal Utopias
    CDT Euros
    Adire Kodas and many more...

    you should power them by a 2 channel amp ~100x2.

    2 12w7s w/ around 1000 watts each is a SQL dream...slap them into sealed boxes and it will get sooooooooo low and sound extremely clean. go for it man.

    -nate




  5. #5
    Jwiley187's Avatar
    Jwiley187 is offline Junior Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    FoRT WoRTH, TeXaS
    Posts
    14
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Since I'll be needing both front & rear spears, would I need a 4 channel amp to power the 4 speakers?

    Thanks man for your help!




  6. #6
    paikiah's Avatar
    paikiah is offline Wangaholic



    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Seoul, Korea
    Age
    37
    Posts
    7,770
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    46
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Look into Brax amplifiers. if cost is not an issue.

    It looks awesome, it performs really well, and is found in EVERY SQ car competitors car here in Korea (so biased, seems no one can win without brax, zapco and treo)



    Team Caraudio

    Sony C90, 210 EQ
    Seas 27TDF/C, RE XXX 6.5, custom xo (dyn 240GT sitting idle)
    RF 60.2 amp
    eD A15.22
    Soundstream picasso 1400.1D

    Bass drive-by's are uncool.

  7. #7
    nswartley's Avatar
    nswartley is offline Down and out...



    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    (Near) San Jose, CA
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,879
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Jwiley187
    Since I'll be needing both front & rear spears, would I need a 4 channel amp to power the 4 speakers?

    Thanks man for your help!
    4 speakers arent neccesary, but if you want to go with them then yes, get a 4 channel amp. personally i like just components up front w/o rear fill (better imaging) but its all your opinion.

    and if you can get your hands on some brax amps go for them....but for daily driving thats just overkill (sry One)

    -nate




  8. #8
    paikiah's Avatar
    paikiah is offline Wangaholic



    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Seoul, Korea
    Age
    37
    Posts
    7,770
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    46
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Originally posted by nswartley
    4 speakers arent neccesary, but if you want to go with them then yes, get a 4 channel amp. personally i like just components up front w/o rear fill (better imaging) but its all your opinion.

    and if you can get your hands on some brax amps go for them....but for daily driving thats just overkill (sry One)

    -nate
    Oh, I know it's overkill...

    costs $2500 here...

    But since he was willing to go all the way, I thought I might throw this brand in...



    Team Caraudio

    Sony C90, 210 EQ
    Seas 27TDF/C, RE XXX 6.5, custom xo (dyn 240GT sitting idle)
    RF 60.2 amp
    eD A15.22
    Soundstream picasso 1400.1D

    Bass drive-by's are uncool.

Closed Thread

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
1e2 Forum