Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Killer amp and Sub deal.....

MA_Boomin' is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Killer amp and Sub deal.....

I know there are plenty of Rockford haters here, and Im not the biggest fan but this is a real nice deal for two subs and a very good amp. Check it out!

http://www.thezeb.com/caraudio/orion.html

Kenwood MP8017 CD/MP3
    Cadence CEQ 770 Eq/Crossover
    Audio Control Epicenter
    Cadence Q4000
    Crystal Csx5.25 Mid/High Separates (front)
    JL Audio XR650-CXI (rear)
    Hi Fonics BX1500D Power Amp
    (1) MA Audio 12SY Synergy Series (3.05 cu. feet vented enclosure)
    All Stinger & C. Cable Wiring, 175 amp alternator

"I'm going deaf just fine thanks!"

bumpin_blazer is offline Only the Strong Survive

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    dayum that is a hell of a good package. the only amp like that i saw on ebay is set at a buy it now of like 600 by itself.

adam

2006 Bright Island Blue 6s: stock 6 disc in dash, Hertz Hi-Energy 6.5" comps, MB Quart Ref 12", eclipse 5-channel sub amp.

Car mods: Lowered on Mazdaspeed springs with Koni Yellow shocks, Racing beat front/rear sway bars with AWR end links, LED turn signals, tail lights, front side markers, 18" ADR Cypher rims, 55w HID's in low beam and fogs, 5% tint all the way around. No go fast mods yet...tuning and Mazda6 don't go well together .

Steve a.k.a. ss3079: So this one lady goes, "These ignorant people who drive around blasting there music, they cant hear emergency vehicles"
    So that set me off, and I said "Well then why do they let deaf people drive?"

AOL: JmKeenen

drasik is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That is an amazing deal!!!! The question is that they must be trying to get rid of those subs....

Hey verybody remeber when RF used to be the shyt!! I mean Fosgate was the top of da topppa top line you could get for Car Audio, I mean they often had the amp market cornered when they started to make subs and head units it started to see their decline, then they started to have all there stuff made in taiwan and it became a lot cheaper.

I guess when your #1 things go to your head

DrasiK

MA_Boomin' is offline Senior VIP Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yes, RF quality wise has gone down the tubes. But ask yourself this as a business person. You got your name, you made some great stuff, now everyone buys cause you are a name. And Best Buy, Circuit City, etc, all want to carry your brand. So make cheaper products with the name you built and rake in the millions as an owner. Makes perfect business sense that's for sure. Unethical maybe, but who is to say with millions waving in your face you wouldn't do the same. I mean its not complete crap, just usually overpriced for what you get.

Kenwood MP8017 CD/MP3
    Cadence CEQ 770 Eq/Crossover
    Audio Control Epicenter
    Cadence Q4000
    Crystal Csx5.25 Mid/High Separates (front)
    JL Audio XR650-CXI (rear)
    Hi Fonics BX1500D Power Amp
    (1) MA Audio 12SY Synergy Series (3.05 cu. feet vented enclosure)
    All Stinger & C. Cable Wiring, 175 amp alternator

"I'm going deaf just fine thanks!"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by MA_Boomin'
    Yes, RF quality wise has gone down the tubes. But ask yourself this as a business person. You got your name, you made some great stuff, now everyone buys cause you are a name. And Best Buy, Circuit City, etc, all want to carry your brand. So make cheaper products with the name you built and rake in the millions as an owner. Makes perfect business sense that's for sure. Unethical maybe, but who is to say with millions waving in your face you wouldn't do the same. I mean its not complete crap, just usually overpriced for what you get.
    someone else argues about Rockford the way i did when i worked at best buy lol. i'm only 19 but i know RF has been the best at one point. there were punk kids who knew **** about audio b/c they assume nothing can top his 2 jlwO 12"s that he paid more for then i would. tries to show off in front of me when i would help back there then i show how stupid he is and that all he knows is that "jl is the ****!" then went and told a manager on me lol. the manager was like were they buying anything i said NOPE just being ***** so he had them kicked out hehe.

adam

2006 Bright Island Blue 6s: stock 6 disc in dash, Hertz Hi-Energy 6.5" comps, MB Quart Ref 12", eclipse 5-channel sub amp.

Car mods: Lowered on Mazdaspeed springs with Koni Yellow shocks, Racing beat front/rear sway bars with AWR end links, LED turn signals, tail lights, front side markers, 18" ADR Cypher rims, 55w HID's in low beam and fogs, 5% tint all the way around. No go fast mods yet...tuning and Mazda6 don't go well together .

Steve a.k.a. ss3079: So this one lady goes, "These ignorant people who drive around blasting there music, they cant hear emergency vehicles"

hihoslva is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Perfect example of Rockford's declining quality:

I own two Punch amps - they are now in the wife's car.

First is a 360.2, rated at - you guessed it - 360 watts x 1 @ 4 ohms. This is a year 2000 model.

Second, a 500s, rated at - wow, you guys are good - 500 watts x 1 @ 4 ohms. This one is a 2002 model.

Rockford amps come with a "birth sheet" which shows the results of a power test at the factory or wherever.

The 2002 model, 500s, has a max power of 513 watts.

The 2000 model, 360.2, has a max power of 539 watts.

Older model, rated at LESS power, is actually MORE powerful.

Shame.

~HH

2002 Sunlight Silver Metallic Mazda Protege5
    Kenwood~Lanzar~Infinity~Peerless

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by hihoslva
    Perfect example of Rockford's declining quality:

I own two Punch amps - they are now in the wife's car.

First is a 360.2, rated at - you guessed it - 360 watts x 1 @ 4 ohms. This is a year 2000 model.

Second, a 500s, rated at - wow, you guys are good - 500 watts x 1 @ 4 ohms. This one is a 2002 model.

Rockford amps come with a "birth sheet" which shows the results of a power test at the factory or wherever.

The 2002 model, 500s, has a max power of 513 watts.

The 2000 model, 360.2, has a max power of 539 watts.

Older model, rated at LESS power, is actually MORE powerful.

Shame.

~HH
    hey you noticed what a lot of people have noticed. i'm not trying to be a smart *** honest truth but yeah the new RF's rate their power and then give 56% efficient. they also seem more expensive then the older models did or is that me??

adam

Closed Thread