Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

subs that people will hear

ok, this is gonna be my first system, and i want people to hear me coming from really far away...my car is a toyota 4runner. My dad won't order anything offline because he thinks that a company might rip me off, or not give me a warranty, and he's paying for everything. so as long as it doesn't go over like 1500-1600 i'm ok he said. I've been reading up, and i think that i wanna go with a pioneer hu with 3 preouts. I'm probably not gonna get speakers right away so that i can get my bump. I want to have one of the loudest systems in the school, and repuatable brands that people carry around here are like Kove, JL Audio, Eclipse, Alpine, Kicker, Mmatts...i think there's a few others but i don't remember. I do want good SQ, but it comes behind SPL. My main goal is to get the loudest system in the school, or close. So what should i get, and as far as amps go, i was thinking a JBL, JL, something from Phoenix Audio. I don't really know about the amp, and if there's a better deal around here i'll take it, but can someone direct me as far as what's the loudest, and around how much they'd cost retail? Oh, i also need a box, and installation, and all the wires or whatever...so take that into concideration as well. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Last edited by Big-Cat; 03-07-2002 at 10:01 PM.

Unregistered Guest

sounds like you have a pretty nice dad.
    pioneer has good hu, I have a dehp-930, I think the dehp-7300,7400 has 3 pre outs and is a little cheaper, as far as amps the jbl would probably be your best deal and the pheonix would be your best amp with jl real close, patch cords, speaker wire, power cable, fuse holder, connectors, spkr box can cost more than most people realise, just dont skimp on anything, they are just as important as the equipment. If your going to have it installed by the dealler some of the larger places do some free installs on the head units, ex ULTIMATE ELECTRONICS

SuckMikeHawk23 is offline #1 Laker Hater

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    if u want one loud *** system, then get some audiobahn subs, they dont sound the greatest tho from what i hear. if u want something a step up above that, then get the kicker l7's. its kind of hard to recommend products when people say "i want to be the loudest in my school" if they dont give us details of what the competition is. but these two subs are known to put multiple subs to shame in the spl business... but sq is a different story.

Team Caraudio.com
    2000 Honda Civic Coupe:
    Alpine CDA-7892
    MTX81000D
    US Acoustics USX4085
    Crystal Mobilesound CPE60S
    Crystal Mobilesound CSC60S
    2 E12KD2's
    4.7 cubic foot ported box

AIM: TeamVicious23 and FishermanSteve23

Big-Cat is offline Registered User

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by SuckMikeHawk23
    its kind of hard to recommend products when people say "i want to be the loudest in my school" if they dont give us details of what the competition is.
    one of the kids at my school has 4 memphis 12's, but really i could specify by how far away you can hear my car...that's really what i want. I want to be able to hear my car from atleast 100 ft away when it's at an average volume level, and like when i'm blasting it i want it to be heard from like 100-200yards away. I want everyone's head around me to turn and look at my car, in 'aw' or '**** that's loud!'
    Last edited by Big-Cat; 03-08-2002 at 12:25 AM.

audiolife is offline WhAt?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    lol you want people to hear you? try 2 15" memphis studio or 4 adire audio shiva's with a jbl 1200.1 amp ...adire is online and i dont think they would rip you off considering they are online only.............. 125 each they would be very hard to beat. get a cdt braxial set or a set of memphis studio point source speakers on a smaller amp....... now for 1500 that would be hard to beat........ and yes (hates volume master cars) even heard from a long ways away...your dad might feel funny about online ordering but have him call adire audio........

Sony Mobile ES C-90 Audison Bit-One
    Audison LRx 3.1 MT
    Hertz HSK 130
    Mid Bass ?
    DB Drive K5 15
    Kinetik 1400HC
    avital 2200 alarm
    dynamat extreme

bumpin_blazer is offline Only the Strong Survive

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    here is what you should do kid.....if you want a pounding system and not online it will be extremly hard to beat someone with those memphis subs........i have 4 HE 12"s and 1 1000 fosgate and i know i might stand competition against the guy with those memphis......i am hitting about 152 db.....anyway you should order online man that is a great place to get cheap priced stuff. otherwise you can go with some rockford subs they pound hardcore for the money they cost... roughly about 80 for some decent one's that they make. now as far as an amp goes i would recommend a jbl 1200.1 if you get some subs that can handle that. well thought i would try to help.

zane is offline Bored.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Not to lecuture, but who are you trying to impress?

Not everyone wants to hear your stereo, and that is thier right.

If the only reason you are getting a system is so everyone else can hear you- I strongly urge you to re-think your decision. People who incessantly play thier stereos loudly so that everyone can hear are doing an injustice to the car audio community and making the noise ordinance laws even tougher. Your system is for your enjoyment, and your enjoyment only. If you wish to share it with others, take it to the competition lanes, where you are within legal grounds. Any idiot with half a brain can make a system loud. It is up to you to know how to assume responsibility for your system and keep the volume down on the streets. You say that you like the attention loud bass brings? If all you have going for yourself is loud bass- you should really examine your character further, as it likely needs improvement. Fact is, most people will be annoyed with the bass that can be heard for blocks. I know that I am. I used to compete in IASCA and USAC SPL divisions and averaged arround 156.4db from my system. I still compete to this day, however in the IASCA and USAC Expert/Pro 601+ SQ divisions. I am telling you this only from experience, I have been in the car audio world more years than I care to admit. One does make a casual observation or two, and pick up a few tidbits of knowledge on the way.

Please exercise responsibility with your system and use it for YOUR enjoyment only. It's time we all start promoting a posative image of the car audio community, before they are outlawed as well.

This may not mean a hill of beans to you, however, when you are the one trying to put a 3 month old infant down to sleep; and are constantly bothered by dis-respectful "Boom Cars," I guarantee you will have a different point of view.

take it easy,

-zane
    Administrator
    Soundwaves Car Stereo

Webslave - www.SoundwavesCS.net

"The man who goes alone can start today; but he who travels with another must wait till that other is ready."

- Henry David Thoreau

jtmoney is offline i DiDn'T dO iT!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

ok.........

You wanne be loud???????????ok...............

If the dude at your school has Memphis SHP's and they are getting the power they need, there isnt much you can do for $1500 - Ive held glass for a memphis van with 4shp subs and 1500RMS to each = 168dB. Sh*t loud.

On a budget, my recommendation would be the HSL eXcursion pro - they are like $120 for a dVC from the zeb, they bang of low power, they drop and have some SQ. They rock.

If you could rethink your budget, then any of these would kick serious *** with a serious amp, like the Zapco 9.0, for example -
    1. Crossfire BMF
    2. Reasonant Engineering HC
    3. Shocker Extreme
    4. DD 9512, 3512
    5. Memphis SHP
    6. Hurricane Powerstroke
    7. Kove Armageddon
    8. Juggernauts
    9. ORION HCCA
    10. ID Max
    11. Audiobahn 1205X
    12. Planet Audio BigBand/Vector D
    13. HSL eXcursion Pro
    14. Beyond Audio PSi
    15. Crystal CSX
    16. Eclipse Titanium DVC
    17. Strokers
    18. Treo Engineering SS

Outta the list and looking at your budget, if you could p[ossibly stretch it a lil, 2 DD 3512s and a Zapco 9.0, in the right box, ported of course, would kill you and the competition. But these itme alone are over $1000. So in that case the HSL are the best choice. Get 4x12s or 15s if u wanna be real sik and put them into teo ported boxes, 2 in each, get a good cheap amp, maybe like a 1200.1 on each box, or if you cant then a single 1200.1 JBL will sound ok too.

MR_LOWRIDER is offline junior spl'r

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

loud stereo's

I don't understand why people forget what its like to be young after there wife steals there pants and runs the show.I have a young infant and he doesn't care about boom boom systems driving around .People grow old 2 fast and forget they where a young punk at one time.I don't see anyone banning harley's off the road and they are loud for no reason.I don't see anyone going up to bikers and giving them **** for having a loud bike so up yours to unwanted noise.I think it is our free right to keep it cranked.

jtmoney is offline i DiDn'T dO iT!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by MR_LOWRIDER
    I think it is our free right to keep it cranked.
    Yep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I agree with Zane, it's your right to have a boomin system, but it's also your "neighbors" right not to hear it. I have two babies, and I can tell you, I have come close to going outside and busting a few heads. Don't get me wrong, I love car audio, but residential/business areas, are not a place to test out your systems capabilities. Try having two screaming kids wake up, and then try getting them back to sleep, after you've worked a 40 plus hour week. I guarantee it will drastically change your mind.

audiolife is offline WhAt?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    i laugh at the kids generally (not in a mean way either) they all into this stuff and its sort of new to them. i dont mind it until its 2 am at night ..way i look at it is there is worse things they could be up too.

Sony Mobile ES C-90 Audison Bit-One
    Audison LRx 3.1 MT
    Hertz HSK 130
    Mid Bass ?
    DB Drive K5 15
    Kinetik 1400HC
    avital 2200 alarm
    dynamat extreme

MR_LOWRIDER is offline junior spl'r

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

loud

Whats the diff from a harley davidson driving by your house,a jet fighter flying above your house or a car with bass driving by.Noise is noise if you don't like it sound proof your shack or live with it.
    Last edited by MR_LOWRIDER; 03-08-2002 at 03:52 PM.

SONY CD HU
    JBL GTO 6.5"/1" TWEETS
    JBL 4x6's
    SONY CLASS D AMP
    NO SUB(soon to come)

AFIREINSIDE is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    not to say on on anyone's side.. but if you gonna ***** because you can hear the booming in residential areas and business areas.. is it any different on the road?? i know i always hear other systems on the road.. when mine isn't blasting.. what if i don't wanna hear it? should people not be playing them loud anywhere?.. just wanna know what you guys think.. if you playing country.. i don't wanna hear it.. same kind of thing.. ya just gotta put up with it.. or pull out your rap mix #2 and make it all go away
    PEeace

Big-Cat is offline Registered User

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    zane, no...don't get my wrong. i do have a life. I'm a football player, i compete in weight lifting competitions, and i'm 20 lbs away from breaking the High School National Softmore Deadlift record...it's not like i'm a basshead that has nothing to do. And as far as playing my system loud at night...i have too much respect for that. I know i wouldn't do that, never. I'm just a basshead that's got a big head. I just want all of my friends and kids in my school knowing me for something about my car. I wouldn't mind making it really fast, but i'd probably kill myself. So getting a lot of bass is the next best thing. But again, don't get my wrong. I'm not that ignorant and disrespectful to go around blasting my system late at night. Besides, i really don't think that it'll be that loud. I think i'm gonna get 2-12 Alpine Type-R's with a JBL amp. i've never heard them, but i hear good things about them...

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast