Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Reload Thread: will a fi ssd 15 hurt my brain?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: will a fi ssd 15 hurt my brain?

9500000000000000000fgdjsgdsjgds-gdssssr043wtr0450t9e-0rgkerogker90t-o45it3w0t4oltr0-4ow3t4o30to43ot0-43wot0-4ot db. ftw.

patrick1202 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lakota View Post
    PM me and I might be able to help you out on aim.
    me???

hu:pioneer 5900ib
    frontstage:phoenix gold rsd's
    substage: 1 15" Fi ssd with flatwind coil
    amp:Memphis m-class 1100d
    mid&high amp:alpine

Tired of the lag? Come get crunk!

thegreatestpenn is offline lazy genius

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ronrico418 View Post
    Who gives a **** about #s off of 1 15. The great point is the SSD will sound good. You could get a single 15 to do a bigger # but do you want to set some record or listen to music. You could set records w/ multiple SSDs in BassRace....but 1.???.......This kinda stuff makes me wanna stop dealing with forums. Get yo 15 SSD and listen to some **** music. Forget about the #s.
    werd, unless you're competing, numbers don't mean mucha nothing. There's people that can hit 150 all day and not be heard a block away from the vehicle. I want to impress upon you the need for a well-constructed box so you get the best performance out of the sub, but as for numbers, who cares. Its not like people can know when you ride down the street what you're hitting.

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/buyer-seller-feedback/401249-thegreatestpenn-feedback-thread.html
    2k2 honda civic
    summer build
    audison sr4 on focal polyglass 165vb components active
    soundstream rubi1.2500d on dc lvl4 xl 18
    pioneer deh-80prs

btdickey99 is offline I Hate the Tarheels

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by patrick1202 View Post
    me???
    Im thinking so

2000 Chevy Silverado 4x4

REFS: texasound82, duece212, flipside1212, l7runner, oxsign, tapout, Busabob, NightDrifter05, GOOSE, GohillaAudio, jmanpc, fwb_1234, Fusion_Freak, arkadiy, LoggedOut, Kmanian, KyleBechtold, Beerdrnkr, R/T Pimp, Louie68, dropped_tb, audiobaun, Psychodrama, JBLCAMRY, yunvme666, Buckyboy, CRXBMPN, bpres9991, Worlddre, KCha, operationcougar, Vitveet, and many more...

Lakota is offline Doesn't Know $hit

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

me???
    I was refering to the OP, but if anybody needs some help I might be able to give some advice.

Ben Hemp
    1992 GMC Sonoma Ext Cab NEW BUILD
    2008 MECA S1 KY State Champion, 151.0 dB
    2008 MECA S1 WorldChampion, 151.8 dB
    2010 MECA scores: 150.9 dB S2, 151.6 dB S3
    Refs: smd4life, Subst4nce, wccoug21, dacheatham, thegreatestpenn, jshak07

MisterGrubbs is offline Kinda Old School

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

well i got some tweaking lol
    Good thing man, if you can afford, play around iwth some boxes and see what sounds best/gets louder in your car for you, and good luck

Educational session for you retards of the forum:Use there when referring to a place, whether concrete or more abstract. No kove, I will not come over there. Use their to indicate possession. Members of this forum have lost their minds. Remember that they're is a contraction of the words they and are. They're all idiots!

References(Some of them):SteveyHustle, PepsiFiend69, SubNoize05, BushJ311, Mrray13, Hintzyboy, dbubble, 528hz, Twisted_0912, RKPsk8er
    Ebay: 35+ 100% Feedback Paypal: 14+ Verified

Lakota is offline Doesn't Know $hit

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ben Hemp
    1992 GMC Sonoma Ext Cab NEW BUILD
    2008 MECA S1 KY State Champion, 151.0 dB
    2008 MECA S1 WorldChampion, 151.8 dB
    2010 MECA scores: 150.9 dB S2, 151.6 dB S3
    Refs: smd4life, Subst4nce, wccoug21, dacheatham, thegreatestpenn, jshak07

ronrico418 is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thegreatestpenn View Post
    werd, unless you're competing, numbers don't mean mucha nothing. There's people that can hit 150 all day and not be heard a block away from the vehicle. I want to impress upon you the need for a well-constructed box so you get the best performance out of the sub, but as for numbers, who cares. Its not like people can know when you ride down the street what you're hitting.
    Werd Heard. #s are over-rated and it's what almost killed the sport. People got so entranced w/ #s they forgot about the music. If I wanna go to a drag event only John Force better be there w/ his hottie daugther Ashley.....Now back in the day when we had #s but competed staight up w/ music closer to BassRace of today. We were the first to learn that little things made a louder # like burping, AC on before SPL, and seats forward. This was all figured out by 1991. By 1995 we had learned that any vibration of panels was potential SPL escaping(watch out here comes the ugly space shuttle windshields) Then even later came everybody using the same box(I call it the washermachine box) where its just a baffle behind the passenger seat and you can see the magnets thru the drivers window, then NOT adding mids and highs, and having to bolt your door on before a run (and remember these systems can't play anyones favorite jam to begin with since they don't have upper frequencies and they usually will blow a woofer if a door is open--EVERYTHING MUST BE SEALED UP!!!

Point is with drag SPL in full force newbies at a stereo contest could no longer walk up and hear there favorite tune in one of the loudest vehicles in the world while watching the front windshield impressively flexing up to 7" and saying WOW ----Instead the windows were all rolled up, doors bolted on, no panels moving and a quite hum and a decibel reading of 172 out of a single sub. WHO CARES-----????/I'll tell you who did----maybe they didn't know it at the time but the people who almost killed our beloved sport. Face the music people(or the lack there of) SPL Drag has it's place today but remember who the true Heroes of yesteryear was and the heroes of today. 159.9 Db is the RECORD and it is held by Tommy McKinney from Tampa FL with the Ho Problems truck with 24 RE 10s (incidentally the ones that would be compared to the SSDs) That record is an average of 30 seconds on music. No farts, no burps, and he can give everyone a demo for as long as they can stand it while the windshield flexes like a real vehicle would. The good ole days are back. Friends don't let friends dress there rides in drag. Become a BassRacer today and help restore what those before you worked so hard for.

This message was payed for by AAFK Audiophiles Against Fart Knockers

Have a laugh everyone-don't take it personal.....Just put some mids& highs in your machines and enjoy the MUSIC (literally).

Kill SPL before it kills us

LATER Joe ROD

This message actually brought to you by member #002 of

Those who understand and are interested in becoming a member of a SQPL group w/ excellent support contact me through PM

Picture of the best sounding BassRacer I've heard in my life. 16 Havoc 12s with 2K on each. It's a beautiful thing. Hurts like hell and every single note is absolutely crystal clear. If you had this system you would understand why #s don't matter at ALL. People w/ one sub have "Louder" systems but does it sound as sweet as this. HELL no!!!!!!!

Back to the topic ---- This is what will hurt your brain

bad_trip is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The question is too subjective. We would need to measure the thickness of your skull, check your medical history, know if you are on any medications, etc.

I'm sure it will be loud though.

bad_trip is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

edit
    Last edited by bad_trip; 04-19-2008 at 02:29 AM. Reason: dp

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3