Closed Thread

Reload Thread: 12" CVX or Fi Q

htownbballstar2 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

12" CVX or Fi Q

Right now I have the 12" CVX in a 2.3cuft enclosure hooked up to the kicker zx7501. The box is tuned to 33hz. I am either going to get another CVX or get 2 fi q's. Which is a better subwoofer in your guys opinion? If I get one fi q for now, will it be able to run effeciently off of the zx750?

TurboG is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: 12" CVX or Fi Q

use the search tool

na_rsx is offline Incriminator Audio FTW

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

that and you can not compare an fi q with a kicker cvx, thats just pathetic and stupid

2005 Acura RSX-S

Headunit: JVC KD-AR8500
    Front Stage: Vifa & Mpyre 65M *ACTIVE*
    System Amp: MB Quart DSC4125
    Wiring: Kicker Hyperflex
    Deadening: Edead SE2 and V3

Refs:
    Bought from: mlstrass, archie, brchd, BigOso, bk12321, Ricky 616, IonSQL, SilverSPL, VIPER118, fived, jdiddy, Tacosys, ls2poweredgoat, SethPhillips, DB_DRAG_SPL, bjfish11, XaznKewLguy, Integra2468, Incriminator, bur1196, Goindef154, amartin_72
    Sold to: vitveet, aesoj, DejaWiz, jco1385, Lax916, iowaaurora, Zeuslicious, chrispizzitola, gkatmar, Racerx250, boltpride, zeed, Low_e_Red, xreymax, hrtbrk1, RKPsk8er, Anniku989, bradknob, andrios

SPL Blazer is offline SPL Event Promoter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Those are two different kinds of subs. What are you looking to get from your system? You looking for the deep hitting bass or something tight thats going to sound great with a variety of music? The CVX is a completely SPL booming sub, where the Fi Q is a sound quality sub. If you want to compare the CVX to something try the Fi BL. I have a 12" CVX and Fi BL's, the Fi BL's are a much better sub than the Kickers and will pound harder, take up less space, and handle a lot more power.

Walled Astro, 4 DC Audio 18" XL's _____________________www.NewEnglandSPL.com
    1 Hifonics Sampson - 157.7 so far

Bought from: CRXBMPN, SPLTucson, f150john, LoudMOFO Sold To: Chris Team ACT, Big Rea$e

tyler_fitz is offline They call me Weezer

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i think the q could walk all over the cvx in spl and sq...

i had a 15" q running off 500 watts until i could feed it the power that it needed and it sounded fine, it just wasn't at its full potential. i think that two fi q's plus alot more power would be a major upgrade accross the board.

squid88 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

if your main goal is to get loud I would go for the cvx since that's what thief built for and q us more for sq

GMC Canyon Ext. Cab
    Fi Q 18" w/bp
    Kicker Kx1200
    Box 8 cu ft-28 htz
    Alpine Headunit

SPL Blazer is offline SPL Event Promoter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thats true, but seeing as the Q and the Fi BL's are the same price he can go with a better SPL sub than the Kicker...... but thats if he's looking only for SPL

Walled Astro, 4 DC Audio 18" XL's _____________________www.NewEnglandSPL.com
    1 Hifonics Sampson - 157.7 so far

Bought from: CRXBMPN, SPLTucson, f150john, LoudMOFO Sold To: Chris Team ACT, Big Rea$e

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

^^ true but he said he's only got a 750 and from what I hear the bl needs about 1500 to really shine

Btw I like the shirt where'd you get it

GMC Canyon Ext. Cab
    Fi Q 18" w/bp
    Kicker Kx1200
    Box 8 cu ft-28 htz
    Alpine Headunit

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squid88 View Post
    if your main goal is to get loud I would go for the cvx since that's what thief built for and q us more for sq
    Even if the Q is built more for SQ, it will get louder than the CVX without out a doubt, while sounding good. The CVX won't get as loud while sounding worse.
    The answer seems obvious

Previous:
    Sub: 15" Mag in Fisher Customs 3.5@32
    Sub Amp: Sundown SAZ1500
    Wire: KnuKonceptz Big 3 in 1/0. Kicker 1/0 Kit to back

Current:
    College

REFS: Speedyd718, assman, Lingerfelt, duece212, Raid3r89

hatemonger is offline funded*by*soros

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

the subs are incomparable. the install can make either sound like crap, but in comperable installs on both, the Q is a better sub.

2003 chevy s-10 ext. cab
    hu: jvc kd-avx1
    precision power 356cs components
    front amp: infinity 475a
    sub: diamond audio d6 10d4
    enclosure: 1.1 cubes ported tuned @ 31hz
    sub amp: JL G1700

bigbangtheory is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Some funny people on this forum. I betcha most of you have an Fi Q and haven't even heard the CVX.

I have had both and as most know have had many problems with the Q. Even when the Q was working, the CVX is louder and just as clean, although I give a slight edge to the Q. In the same box, off the same watts when I first put in the CVX.

I still haven't had a problem with my CVX and is working like a champ.

Save the money and get yourself another CVX.

I am sure everyone in their mother will bash on me about this sub, although in the great 12 speaker challenge the CVX did quite well if you all remember.

And to get it out the way in this thread, it wasn't user error. How could I rip a surround with a god dam grille covering the whole thing off 900rms if I was lucky with low gains? Please explain that and I will shut up about it.

Refs~Max Power(ST), bnevets27(ST), 99oldsintrigue(ST), matrxx dude(BF), Ficaraudio(BF), Zachzchw(BF), tigerf117(ST), 5.7TBI(BF), DBfan187(ST), Joesph M(ST), 97gp(ST), Cornbreadxd(ST), SlappinX(ST), nycspudz03(ST), bl0ckd(BF), Sctattooer(ST), hitman34608(ST), Wackdogg(ST), ggk(ST), 03F150MrSBF(STx2), Dye4metal(ST), Mikey7182(BF), Wu501(BF), Twisted_0912(BF), Crunklech(BF), psychoacoustics(BF), Tyler Chavez(ST), GTO Dave(ST), Thisistiny(ST), DarkScorpin(BF), davidtemple(BF), BassaddictJ(BF), Geoff_off_me(BF), Dragnix(BF)

BF=Bought from
    ST=Sold too

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bigbangtheory View Post
    Some funny people on this forum. I betcha most of you have an Fi Q and haven't even heard the CVX.

I have had both and as most know have had many problems with the Q. Even when the Q was working, the CVX is louder and just as clean, although I give a slight edge to the Q. In the same box, off the same watts when I first put in the CVX.

I still haven't had a problem with my CVX and is working like a champ.

Save the money and get yourself another CVX.

I am sure everyone in their mother will bash on me about this sub, although in the great 12 speaker challenge the CVX did quite well if you all remember.

And to get it out the way in this thread, it wasn't user error. How could I rip a surround with a god dam grille covering the whole thing off 900rms if I was lucky with low gains? Please explain that and I will shut up about it.
    i have owned both j still own the q and like it far better but I guess that's personnel preference and I deffinatly think the cvxs can be louder the 12s I had were quote loud

I was also thinkng about the 12 challenge you were talking about such is what mostly made me recommed the cvx

GMC Canyon Ext. Cab
    Fi Q 18" w/bp
    Kicker Kx1200
    Box 8 cu ft-28 htz
    Alpine Headunit

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Not saying the CVX is a bad sub. When asked though which is better...The Q without a doubt.
    Most will say it definitely has better SQ. And it will get louder. Since the great 12" challenge was brought up. It got louder in the great 12" challenge.
    The Q is better hands down. But it is up to you whether you get another cvx, or 2 Q's.

Previous:
    Sub: 15" Mag in Fisher Customs 3.5@32
    Sub Amp: Sundown SAZ1500
    Wire: KnuKonceptz Big 3 in 1/0. Kicker 1/0 Kit to back

Current:
    College

REFS: Speedyd718, assman, Lingerfelt, duece212, Raid3r89

Closed Thread