Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Sub Story of the Day

FAM4LIFE is offline SHILOH BOY

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sub Story of the Day

Well I brought the new Bone Crusher cd and the bass notes are tremendous. Anyway, I'm scanning this cd and on Track #17 the bass goes out then comes back. So I start the track over and it does it again. Well I figure before I come to the conclusion its my sub I would play the track again. This time the bass doesn't go away.

After work I go to pick my daughter up and everything is playing fine. As soon as I hit the highway the sub goes out. Well I had a tinsel lead that came off when I first got my sub and I recently soldered it back on before last weeks comp. Now of course I'm like "I know I soldered that tinsel lead on well. I brought that heavy box and amp down stairs to my apartment and took the sub out of the box. None of the tinsel leads are off of the terminal.

By now I worried that my sub blew or something. I took it in the den and connected it to my surround sound and it plays. Well I go to put it in my box and see if it'll play and it does for like a minute before it shuts off. I take it out and fumbled with all the tinsel leads and one was acting as if it had a short. I also notice sparks coming from a single strand of wire from the lead which was barely touching the terminal. I took some finger nail clippers and clipped it off and the lead continued to spark. Well turns out it was loose and I re-soldered it.

Placed it back in the box and it was fine. Now I heard this horrible rattle and I thought it was tinsel slap. So I placed small pieces off FatMat on the pad where the leads touch the cone. The thing still rattled. Ended up being the speaker wire thats connected to the terminal on the box was too long. Clipped it as short as I could and now my sub sounds even better than before.

The End!

2006 Titan XE

Under construction!

Brock is offline SEXYTIME!! NIIICE!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    its always something stupid...

FAM4LIFE is offline SHILOH BOY

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You mean my situation right.

Cause if you're talking about my story, I thought it was nice.

2006 Titan XE

Under construction!

jbl_marshall21 is offline important person

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    what a **** day for u. my speaker wire is pretty ****in long. like 5 foot for each sub.

Alpine CDA-9886
    RUX-C701
    PXA-H701
    JL xr-650csi
    JL vr-650cxi
    2 8" W7
    JL HD750/1
    JL HD600/4
    2007 Chevy Trailblazer

Closed Thread