Closed Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 124

Reload Thread: 12" HDC3 and ab 500.1 *VID*

  1. #106
    bamaboy's Avatar
    bamaboy is offline War Eagle!!!



    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Auburn, Alabama
    Age
    25
    Posts
    7,206
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 12" HDC3 and ab 500.1 *VID*

    Quote Originally Posted by mobeious View Post
    <---- did 151.9 @ 32hz in my xplorer
    which subs the 2 MT 18s or the other mt setup?




    04 Explorer
    Kenwood DDX812
    RF 3Sixty.2
    T6004
    T4002
    T40001bd
    Hertz MLK-2 running Active
    Hertz HCX165
    4x DC Audio LVL 4 12"s

    Summer 09' Build...Operation:Pull Wall out, put new subs in DONE!
    Build
    Photobucket
    now with video




  2. #107
    Andrew12's Avatar
    Andrew12 is offline Honda.



    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Pinellas, FL
    Age
    25
    Posts
    3,060
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Re: 12" HDC3 and ab 500.1 *VID*

    DBdesigns... How do these subs stack up against your MT's?



    Bought from: Abell255, chaunb3400, justadork2u, massiveaudiocw, 3kracing, sundownz, terra
    Sold to: Headshothills, Stevey hustle, djeazie, LDW3RD, trailz516
    Traded with: cd6551

    1999 Nissan Maxima GLE
    Pioneer
    Sundown Audio
    Audioque
    Zapco
    Hybrid Audio

  3. #108
    DJL's Avatar
    DJL
    DJL is offline Owner, Audioque



    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Stafford MO
    Posts
    435
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

    Re: 12" HDC3 and ab 500.1 *VID*

    The HDC is not a purpose built SPL woofer. A lot of endusers do use the HDC for that purpose. It was designed as a heavy duty daily driven street pounder overbuilt to take the abuse we know it's going to see.

    We didn't build it to be a dedicated sq woofer either. I believe it to have fairly good sql for what it was designed to do; if there is such a thing at the 140 plus db level. It sounds the way it does because that's what I like it to sound like....took me a long time to make it sound that way; I know it's not for everybody but you can't please everyone. If you listen real close you may hear the suspension doing its job but that's normal for the design; thats why it doesn't rip its self apart when you make those U tube productions.

    If you tear it up you probably had a good time doing it.




  4. #109
    Random1010's Avatar
    Random1010 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Yes
    Posts
    7,479
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Re: 12" HDC3 and ab 500.1 *VID*

    im making a T line enclosure for my c3 15...




  5. #110
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Brighton, Michigan
    Posts
    1,020
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 12" HDC3 and ab 500.1 *VID*

    My next setup will be HDC's. In about 3-4 months I'm sure. I already can't keep a system for more than 4 months, and I'm not even out of high school. I'm screwed.
    These threads make me want a couple now.



    Previous:
    Sub: 15" Mag in Fisher Customs 3.5@32
    Sub Amp: Sundown SAZ1500
    Wire: KnuKonceptz Big 3 in 1/0. Kicker 1/0 Kit to back

    Current:
    College

    REFS: Speedyd718, assman, Lingerfelt, duece212, Raid3r89

  6. #111
    MikeyB's Avatar
    MikeyB is offline CarAudio.com Addict



    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    H-Town, MI
    Posts
    7,727
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 12" HDC3 and ab 500.1 *VID*

    Quote Originally Posted by DJL View Post
    The HDC is not a purpose built SPL woofer. A lot of endusers do use the HDC for that purpose. It was designed as a heavy duty daily driven street pounder overbuilt to take the abuse we know it's going to see.

    We didn't build it to be a dedicated sq woofer either. I believe it to have fairly good sql for what it was designed to do; if there is such a thing at the 140 plus db level. It sounds the way it does because that's what I like it to sound like....took me a long time to make it sound that way; I know it's not for everybody but you can't please everyone. If you listen real close you may hear the suspension doing its job but that's normal for the design; thats why it doesn't rip its self apart when you make those U tube productions.

    If you tear it up you probably had a good time doing it.
    Nice!!



    Refs- hessdawg, Pepsifiend69, iltoivfe, ownage9, lifted95blaze, Buckshot, da box king, Po.Sic, baseballer1100, vetkilr, dkguitarist, Queball, qtipextra, LaserRed38, 350_regal, RidnClean, BushJ311 and a bunch more...

  7. #112
    MikeyB's Avatar
    MikeyB is offline CarAudio.com Addict



    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    H-Town, MI
    Posts
    7,727
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 12" HDC3 and ab 500.1 *VID*

    I might have to get ahold of one down the road to compare it to my btl



    Refs- hessdawg, Pepsifiend69, iltoivfe, ownage9, lifted95blaze, Buckshot, da box king, Po.Sic, baseballer1100, vetkilr, dkguitarist, Queball, qtipextra, LaserRed38, 350_regal, RidnClean, BushJ311 and a bunch more...

  8. #113
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Atlanta Ga
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,329
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 12" HDC3 and ab 500.1 *VID*

    Well the Mt's are 15's... I ran a single Mt 15 for a while due to space issues... thats the best way i could compare... The 2 10 " HDC3's are killin... But I had the MT tuned to 34...

    The 15" In the SPL Setup was sick... Dont get me wrong... But the HDc3 is a freakin Monster on Pressure.... Seriously... 2 10's scored considerably higher on the TL @ 42 Cycles then the MT did....

    If i may add the C3's stay alot cooler.... Its very Hard to heat one up if you know what you are doing...




  9. #114
    Skip01's Avatar
    Skip01 is offline Diggy

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Marrero,LA
    Posts
    7,189
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: 12" HDC3 and ab 500.1 *VID*

    Quote Originally Posted by mobeious View Post
    <---- did 151.9 @ 32hz in my xplorer
    Weak!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ha...and that was only with 1 ab400.1? On the 2 18s right?



    YOUTUBE VIDZ:

    http://www.youtube.com/user/Skip01

  10. #115
    Skip01's Avatar
    Skip01 is offline Diggy

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Marrero,LA
    Posts
    7,189
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: 12" HDC3 and ab 500.1 *VID*

    Quote Originally Posted by IgnoreMe View Post
    he needed to tune that low though. like me, he owns a 98 body style, which peaks 48-52hz usually
    Yehh...crazy how diff they are

    is it all the way up til they changed the bodystyle to mine. or do only the 98s and lower peak like that

    I wanted to get like a 2000 Explorer just for SPL.....or older


    Ill prolly tune my SPL box at 50hz....and work from there...prolly have to go lower though in the end



    YOUTUBE VIDZ:

    http://www.youtube.com/user/Skip01

  11. #116
    Skip01's Avatar
    Skip01 is offline Diggy

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Marrero,LA
    Posts
    7,189
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: 12" HDC3 and ab 500.1 *VID*

    Man...i was listening to Unk - Back it Up on way home today....and it was hard to swallow at full tilt

    I should be getting it metered like next week or so



    YOUTUBE VIDZ:

    http://www.youtube.com/user/Skip01

  12. #117
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Atlanta Ga
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,329
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 12" HDC3 and ab 500.1 *VID*

    Quote Originally Posted by Skip01 View Post
    Man...i was listening to Unk - Back it Up on way home today....and it was hard to swallow at full tilt

    I should be getting it metered like next week or so
    Thats what left a mile on my face... I told DJ about the after break in run up the road on the 10's... ****, i couldnt see anything not more or less swallow... **** was hurting....




  13. #118
    Skip01's Avatar
    Skip01 is offline Diggy

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Marrero,LA
    Posts
    7,189
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: 12" HDC3 and ab 500.1 *VID*

    Quote Originally Posted by DBDesignsElite View Post
    Thats what left a mile on my face... I told DJ about the after break in run up the road on the 10's... ****, i couldnt see anything not more or less swallow... **** was hurting....
    Yehh...its def. broke in now....its a pretty noticeable diff

    And its funny you mention not seeing....i could swear that yesterday i was riding and listening to BME Click and the road started getting blurry..haha...no lie

    It was weirddd



    YOUTUBE VIDZ:

    http://www.youtube.com/user/Skip01

  14. #119
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Atlanta Ga
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,329
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 12" HDC3 and ab 500.1 *VID*

    Quote Originally Posted by Skip01 View Post
    Yehh...its def. broke in now....its a pretty noticeable diff

    And its funny you mention not seeing....i could swear that yesterday i was riding and listening to BME Click and the road started getting blurry..haha...no lie

    It was weirddd
    Thing is for you now... You might want to change them out... You have 4 all together and are running 1 at a time... I would pull that one out and change to one of your NON Broke Subs... Work it out and change it out again... That way when you go to do the Quad, you wont have to worrie about Break-in...




  15. #120
    IgnoreMe's Avatar
    IgnoreMe is offline I love 2 girls 1 cup



    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    caraudio.com
    Age
    28
    Posts
    11,768
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 12" HDC3 and ab 500.1 *VID*

    Quote Originally Posted by Skip01 View Post
    Yehh...crazy how diff they are

    is it all the way up til they changed the bodystyle to mine. or do only the 98s and lower peak like that

    I wanted to get like a 2000 Explorer just for SPL.....or older


    Ill prolly tune my SPL box at 50hz....and work from there...prolly have to go lower though in the end
    im not entirely sure about any of the other explorers. but if they look like the 98 body style (i think that body style was from about 1995-2000 or 2001) then they should peak somewhere from 48-52hz or so. your updated style peaks a lot lower according to matrxx dude. if you got questions i would ask him, since, IIRC, he has a lot of experience with that body style.



    llllllllllllllll Educate yourself and help stop the ignorance.
    llllllllllllllll DEA Judge Francis L Young says...
    llllllllllllllll Designing a Ported Box


    refs: hazardous0388, snoopdan, karleon, thelow, freezeman_7, imtjnotu, Gebrochen, astroladespl, billabongcr , mustbenu , thunder9500 , 91ser, djdilliodon (6 times), stupify, milenko515, Zeuslicious, Bmoorman05, WaTTsLOk187, too dope 1904, nate2587, rbiele126, denalilvr



    Don't Blame Me. I Voted for Ron Paul.

    BluePoint Air Ratchet for sale...click me bitch

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts

1e2 Forum