Closed Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Reload Thread: 12" HDC3 and ab 500.1 *VID*

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: 12" HDC3 and ab 500.1 *VID*

Thanks Skip....

This is a quick outside video of the quarter pannels ect on our current project vehicle... 2 HDc3 10D1's @ on a SAZ3000D just under half volume... Motor off...

http://s219.photobucket.com/albums/c...AllPics179.flv

Skip01 is offline Diggy

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Sweeeet.....i need to run my wire like urs ASAP....but 4 runs of each and frame grounds

Any ideas on my question in last post? Or am i just asking to much out of this single 12....im fine with that if so....im not planning on running more than 2500 to them each

YOUTUBE VIDZ:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Skip01

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Skip01 View Post
    Sweeeet.....i need to run my wire like urs ASAP....but 4 runs of each and frame grounds

Any ideas on my question in last post? Or am i just asking to much out of this single 12....im fine with that if so....im not planning on running more than 2500 to them each

I do have front and rear frame grounds on that vehicle... That Wire was ran after i stripped everything out of it...

From what i could tell on the excursion part of that video... You seem to be doing good... For a single 12 that was nice... The whole running it on a AB500.1 is just um crazy lol... After imp. rise and voltage your probably seeing around 3.5k or so...

Break it in some more you will notice how much louder it will get over time.... The TL sees Just be carefull make sure the power is clean...

Id go with 2... they will eat the power together and will last longer... Not to mention move more air!!!!

Skip01 is offline Diggy

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DBDesignsElite View Post
    I do have front and rear frame grounds on that vehicle... That Wire was ran after i stripped everything out of it...

From what i could tell on the excursion part of that video... You seem to be doing good... For a single 12 that was nice... The whole running it on a AB500.1 is just um crazy lol... After imp. rise and voltage your probably seeing around 3.5k or so...

Break it in some more you will notice how much louder it will get over time.... The TL sees Just be carefull make sure the power is clean...

Id go with 2... they will eat the power together and will last longer... Not to mention move more air!!!!
    Yeh...i have 3 more siting right next to me and another 500.1 waiting in garage

Just waiting on my box and etc install stuff to go in before

Yeh i almost just figured that it would be a bit to much....ima turn the gain down a hair and see if that helps

Thanks

YOUTUBE VIDZ:

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yeh...i have 3 more siting right next to me and another 500.1 waiting in garage

Just waiting on my box and etc install stuff to go in before

Yeh i almost just figured that it would be a bit to much....ima turn the gain down a hair and see if that helps

Thanks
    3 more 12's??? And another AB500.1??? ****IT MANNE!!!! I thought 4 10's and 7.5K on a MAXXLINK was going to be tuff....

Skip01 is offline Diggy

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DBDesignsElite View Post
    3 more 12's??? And another AB500.1??? ****IT MANNE!!!! I thought 4 10's and 7.5K on a MAXXLINK was going to be tuff....
    ha...im trying man.....not hoping for anything more than a pretty loud daily driver for now

All urs is going in that van...meter it yet with 2 10s?

YOUTUBE VIDZ:

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yep... Ill get all that information up when i start the Log.... I just think a video of what it did would be better then having 4000 people think im full of ****.... lol....

Me and DJ sat threw plenty of conversations about the build.... The new enclosure is going to be constructed out of 1.5" MDF all the way around and 2 layers on the baffle face.... Lucky to have a place to get that **** at... Its freakin heavy ish... Pics to come...

DJL
    DJL is offline Owner, Audioque

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

YESSS...show VIDDDD

Also...do you just think it needs to break in some more to take the power?....or what? box to big...to much port(single 6in)?
    The HDC3 likes 15-16 sq"'s of port area per net cubic foot of box volume.

I run my pair of 10's on 1200 watts each daily (AQ1200D's). I will be runing them on the AQ2200D's.

1500 is more then enough for the 18" daily

SPL140.2 is offline Team DefJ

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DJL View Post

I run my pair of 10's on 1200 watts each daily (AQ1200D's). I will be runing them on the AQ2200D's.

Sounds like someone is gonna enter the lanes J/P pics of setup

egg

Team DefJ
    http://www.myspace.com/loudinspl

WWW.JAGGEDEDGEKUSTUMVINYL.NET

REF'S:
    VOSSCHS-NJACK2AF-WOWIMZZ-DECIPHA-AZNGOTSKILLS-TRAFFICJAMZ-MILLIONARE1-QTRHORSE
    TSL13505-DJL(2)-KNOTSLCK-KYLEC-KNUKONCEPTZ(4)-KEIFERSRACING-TEAM H&K
    ANDRIZZLE-95BLACKGA(3)-MAX_POWER-POUNDINDAK69-DVRMSTRNG-BLONG131-PIMPDADDYQ
    NOPH33RACING-KPR10IS-XTREMEBASSJUNKY-ENVEE 02-J3M CONCEPTS(3)
    CONNERSDAD19(6)-SNOOPDAN(2)-SUNDOWNZ(3)-MRWIGGLEZDJ-ASTYL-BLAZIN_JASON-GOT_FOCUS?
    SPLCHOICE-DBDESIGNSELITE-JEREMY M-GLADIATOR_JAI-QTIPEXTRA(2)-BJFISH11(2)
    MEMPHISFLEX-CHA0-BBALL09124-BUCKYBOY-CURTIS1993-ICPURPLEPPLALOT-BMBORSK-P3BUMPIN-DEFJ165

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1874 Per Sub should be plenty for what im doing with them....

dadydolas is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DJL View Post

thanks dj

thats all i needed to know

refs: db_drag_spl

IgnoreMe is offline I love 2 girls 1 cup

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

cant watch the video right now, cause i am on dial up, and for some reason it wont load, let alone do it fast enough. im anxious to do some comparisons between your sub and mine.

i really doubt, its bottoming out though skip (although with 5kw its pretty **** well possible lol), but that mechanical noise you are describing, will go a way a bit. should take a couple days (mine took about 3 or so) for it to become relatively unoticible, at least from the front of the explorer (you'll see what i mean). i have not been able to bottom out my HDC except when going a **** good bit under tuning, and thats with the SSF turned off (kx2500.1 only have an on/off switch for the SSF at 25hz), and 3kw.

another thing i noticed, is you said the low end surprised you. i am willing to bet this is due the the newer explorers and the fact that they peak a lot lower than the older explorers which peak around 48-52hz. so i wouldnt be suprised if a 40hz tuning works fine in your gen explorer. this basically agrees with wht jeremiah25 and i have said, depending on the vehicle cetain tunings will work and some wont. you got 2 explorers here, but two different generations. one generations is jeremiah25's 98 4 door and my 2 door, and then we have your 2004 explorer. 40hz works for you, 38hz doesnt work for me lol.

llllllllllllllll Educate yourself and help stop the ignorance.
    llllllllllllllll DEA Judge Francis L Young says...
    llllllllllllllll Designing a Ported Box

refs: hazardous0388, snoopdan, karleon, thelow, freezeman_7, imtjnotu, Gebrochen, astroladespl, billabongcr , mustbenu , thunder9500 , 91ser, djdilliodon (6 times), stupify, milenko515, Zeuslicious, Bmoorman05, WaTTsLOk187, too dope 1904, nate2587, rbiele126, denalilvr

Don't Blame Me. I Voted for Ron Paul.

BluePoint Air Ratchet for sale...click me bitch

Random1010 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by IgnoreMe View Post
    another thing i noticed, is you said the low end surprised you. i am willing to bet this is due the the newer explorers and the fact that they peak a lot lower than the older explorers which peak around 48-52hz. so i wouldnt be suprised if a 40hz tuning works fine in your gen explorer. this basically agrees with wht jeremiah25 and i have said, depending on the vehicle cetain tunings will work and some wont. you got 2 explorers here, but two different generations. one generations is jeremiah25's 98 4 door and my 2 door, and then we have your 2004 explorer. 40hz works for you, 38hz doesnt work for me lol.
    ive got an 00 explorer and i completely agree with u on the tuning..especially now that im running 3k on it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

**** that sounds nice

2x SAZ-1500 for SALE 310+ship ea
    RE MT 18" w/ juggaurnaut recone For Sale 320+ shipping

Dakota Work Log

References
    Bought From: IonSQL, PhatTonyDeMarco, nikosbuddy, spudracer326, RoLLaxPhile, hessdawg, JonMR2turbo, GohillaAudio, BushJ311
    Sold To: saturnspl1991, gbz007, SVT RELAMPAGO(3x Box Build),alex5897, David187, bland

IgnoreMe is offline I love 2 girls 1 cup

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

you should get some numbers from the single hdc and ab 500.1 for us...

llllllllllllllll Educate yourself and help stop the ignorance.
    llllllllllllllll DEA Judge Francis L Young says...
    llllllllllllllll Designing a Ported Box

refs: hazardous0388, snoopdan, karleon, thelow, freezeman_7, imtjnotu, Gebrochen, astroladespl, billabongcr , mustbenu , thunder9500 , 91ser, djdilliodon (6 times), stupify, milenko515, Zeuslicious, Bmoorman05, WaTTsLOk187, too dope 1904, nate2587, rbiele126, denalilvr

Don't Blame Me. I Voted for Ron Paul.

BluePoint Air Ratchet for sale...click me bitch

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast