Closed Thread

Reload Thread: my thoughts on the Momentum line of subs made by Cadence.

greenchaos is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Icon33 my thoughts on the Momentum line of subs made by Cadence.

i asked about these subs on the forums about 3 or 4 months back and nobody knew about them. So i took a chance and bought them. Im writing this to help out anybody finding these subs and wondering if they are any good.

I bought a pair of Momentum Flash 12' 4 ohms which handle 400w rms a piece and hooked them up to my JBL 600.1. to tell you the truth they were very very loud and very clear i was very impressed at how good they sounded.

so for about 2 days i rolled around enjoying life but i started to lose that ear busting bass i felt. so i popped the trunk to find out the left one was blown. and i never turned the subs up loud nor my gains it would kill me if i did :p

Didnt have time to tell Cadence then because a icestorm hit texas and i was chilling at home but after it was over i turned up my tunes and noticed my sub had a whislte to them now. poped trunk and bam a hole in my right subwoofer cone out of nowhere....very very upset about my week's worth of speakers.

I have since sent them both back to Cadence and they are going to send me a pair of there Ultra Drive subs instead. Nobody on the boards knows too much about them either so when i get them ill let you know if they are any good and last more than a week.

In summary dont buy the Momentum Subs they sounds great but are none too durable.

thanks for readin

xjmadness is offline The beauty of green

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    cool, thanks 4 giving the heads up!

abcdefg is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    do u have any pics of them momentum subs, are those the orange cones ones???

Pioneer Premier DEH-660
    1 12inch ED k
    2 12inch RE HC's
    Hifonics brutus 1000d
    infinity kappa 6 1/2 components
    polk 5 1/4's
    US Acoustics USX2080
    sony cd player-4sale
    jensen 4's- 4sale

check this out guys:
    http://www.sounddomain.com/id/tumultgoboomboom

Aim= wrde2005
    Email= wrde333@aol.com
    Aol instant message= wrde333

FAM4LIFE is offline SHILOH BOY

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I brought the Momentum Savages and they got loud in a sealed enclosure. I sent one back to Cadence to be repaired because of an annoying rattle and they sent me a new one. However while waiting for the new one, I decided to run the other one alone. It handled 740 watts rms for about a month until I gave it to much power. So I gave they new one to my cousin and the amp and he had a blast until he did the same thing. I told him to take it easy until he got a second one but NOOOOO, he had to play gain master.

I think the Savages are a good buy if you can find them. The place where I got mines doesn't sell them anymore. At 500 watt rms, I can say they can handle alittle more than stated but they are only 4-ohm SVC.

I give them a 6 out of 10.

2006 Titan XE

Under construction!

Matador is offline -= StillBumping =-

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i wonder how they got a hole in them tho, dat sounds weird

Eclipse CD5444
    Momo MM6
    Arc Audio CXL-2100
    1 12'' RE HC
    Memphis MC-1000D

www.angelfire.com/falcon/matador updated 5/02/03
    matador@caraudio.com

i3abyjay25 is offline Get F'n Loud

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    **** Cadence... i wont have nothinf to do w/ Cadence after this rigged show i went to.. every1 at the shw who had Cadence product hit 5 - 10 dbs louder than every1 else.. i even sat in a few of their rides and listened to them.. and i know that they wasnt as loud as it said..

Fs/t

Orion 2500d
    Orion 4004
    250 amp alt w. external voltage reg. for a ford explorer

Refs: Electrodynsmic, Millerboy, Ugaboiii, Ezekiel81923, Toaster, Team Psi, KickerCivic1, MatrxxDude, TommyK90, Xterra02_Pat

denim is offline SSAudio.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    I have been very happy with the cadence amps I have had, but I dont have much experience with their subs, but thanks for the write up

CarAudio.com mod(original)

LoneRanger is offline Old Yamahas Give Me Wood

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Cadence makes some of the best amps around, and I'll attest to that. The A7, A9000, and A7000 are all widely used by SPL competitors because they're powerful, durable and will burp all the way down to a half ohm. As far as the subs are concerned, I've never owned any, but since there are 3 Cadence dealers in a 50 mile radius of me, I've seen just about everything they make.

Here's my take: The purple and orange ones stink. They don't handle power for **** and they're ugly, IMO. The Mallet flat cone subs closely resemble the new Elemental O series (visually).....but they're more of an SPL driver. The "Beast" series are some awesome drivers (savage beast, wild beast). My friend Kaydee has 2 12" wild beasts in a small ported box being juiced by a A9000. It's hitting close to 145 on the lin-x in her firebird. Not too bad for a girl who doesn't even know what a decibel is!

"There is no 'I' in Tag Team"

Project 'rex: Coming Soon to An Eardrum Near You

evilsaint is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I don't have a clue about their subs (aside from the fact that those orange ones are ugly), but my Z7000 is the best sub amp that I have ever seen for SQL, and maybe even SPL. Millions of tweaks (adjustable SSF, adjustable BB freq, etc....), and mind-numbing power without too much current draw. My JBL 1200 made my lights dim twice as bad.
    Plus the Z7000 looks awesome, and has the cooling ducts/fan built into it, which kicks @ss.

2002 Mercedes-Benz C32 AMG - Stock Bose stereo ... but 13.2 in the 1/4 mile!

RIP Darkie : 96' Bonneville SSEi
    Alpine 7998
    PPI A404.2 Art Series -> Focal PolyKevlar 136K's Front
    1700WRMS -> RE SX 12" in 2.0Cf ported to 35Hz (Big props to IonSQL for my BEE-YOO-TIH-FUL box!)

Refs - M@nJo, Mebcop, IonSQL, NJTStang11, XXXBassHead, Havieri23, SQStephen

nismboy6986 is offline the **** technician

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    but where can u buy cadence amps online??

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Don't have a clue... put up a post here, or try google. Kinda expensive though, I got mine lightly used for $60 + a JBL 1200.

Alpine 7998
    1700WRMS -> RE SX 12" in 2.0Cf ported to 35Hz (Big props to IonSQL for my BEE-YOO-TIH-FUL box!)

LoneRanger is offline Old Yamahas Give Me Wood

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by evilsaint
    Don't have a clue... put up a post here, or try google. Kinda expensive though, I got mine lightly used for $60 + a JBL 1200.
    Unless that JBL was broken, you got ripped off.

You can buy a7000's on ebay for around $200 new, and the JBL is about $250 last time I checked.

The JBL was making your lights dim more because it draws more current (and thus puts out more power).....

However, if you're happy with the deal, then who am i to tell you you got shafted

"There is no 'I' in Tag Team"

Project 'rex: Coming Soon to An Eardrum Near You

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Originally posted by evilsaint
    I don't have a clue about their subs (aside from the fact that those orange ones are ugly), but my ********Z7000********* is the best sub amp that I have ever seen for SQL, and maybe even SPL. Millions of tweaks (adjustable SSF, adjustable BB freq, etc....), and mind-numbing power without too much current draw. My JBL 1200 made my lights dim twice as bad.
    Plus the Z7000 looks awesome, and has the cooling ducts/fan built into it, which kicks @ss.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=18797

:p

Alpine 7998

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    And forget what I said about the fan in the middle being cool. The **** thing overheated today, and it was only 90 outside. Still pounded when it came back on though....

Alpine 7998

Closed Thread