Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 35

Reload Thread: 2 Blown Alpine Type R's. Need Advice on Buying New Subs.

  1. #16
    dadydolas's Avatar
    dadydolas is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    pitt. PA
    Posts
    1,377
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2 Blown Alpine Type R's. Need Advice on Buying New Subs.

    good to know i can depend on u brother



    refs: db_drag_spl




  2. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    subway.
    Posts
    77
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2 Blown Alpine Type R's. Need Advice on Buying New Subs.

    dadydolas, ygpm.. now answer me.




  3. #18
    BumpMW's Avatar
    BumpMW is offline Senior VIP Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Annapolis MD
    Posts
    300
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2 Blown Alpine Type R's. Need Advice on Buying New Subs.

    Quote Originally Posted by silvercookie View Post
    if he is getting the motor than ill take the basket and softparts.
    The Subs aren't completely blown but they are pretty much down the shitter. I will take a look at everything and get back to you guys with prices.

    .....Any info on the Rockford P3? cause a buddy of mine has just 1 and it hits pretty **** hard. I just want 2 subs that will rattle my eyeballs and soothe my ears at the same time. The type rs did that but didn't last.




  4. #19
    miker's Avatar
    miker is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Wayzata, MN
    Posts
    5,327
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2 Blown Alpine Type R's. Need Advice on Buying New Subs.

    They did on 400w each?

    If you aren't upgrading your amp, why not go w/ the RF's?? They sound better than R's, and aren't rated for the same power..




  5. #20
    bonesninja's Avatar
    bonesninja is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Lima, Ohio
    Age
    41
    Posts
    14,803
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2 Blown Alpine Type R's. Need Advice on Buying New Subs.

    Sx's


    oops...you'd need more power



    Quote Originally Posted by chase007 View Post
    if u need a box...I'l taked 3 years of shop class so i know what im doing.

    after i explained to him there's more to a proper box than boards and glue and he should practice before trying to sell boxes to others

    Quote Originally Posted by chase007 View Post
    yes personaly if it was some one elce that just starting making boxes but i'v taken shop for 3 years now...Making a lil box is nothing i don't need to pratice on a box to get it right i learned alot of stuff from 1 box and i can fix that in my next box
    after i told him that customers would care about the looks of the box

    Quote Originally Posted by chase007 View Post
    if u want some thing that looks pretty why don't u find a black guy with a big d*ck.

  6. #21
    dadydolas's Avatar
    dadydolas is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    pitt. PA
    Posts
    1,377
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2 Blown Alpine Type R's. Need Advice on Buying New Subs.

    Quote Originally Posted by bonesninja View Post
    Sx's


    oops...you'd need more power
    good suggestion

    dont go rf



    refs: db_drag_spl

  7. #22
    BumpMW's Avatar
    BumpMW is offline Senior VIP Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Annapolis MD
    Posts
    300
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2 Blown Alpine Type R's. Need Advice on Buying New Subs.

    my bad but....what are sx?




  8. #23
    bonesninja's Avatar
    bonesninja is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Lima, Ohio
    Age
    41
    Posts
    14,803
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2 Blown Alpine Type R's. Need Advice on Buying New Subs.




    Quote Originally Posted by chase007 View Post
    if u need a box...I'l taked 3 years of shop class so i know what im doing.

    after i explained to him there's more to a proper box than boards and glue and he should practice before trying to sell boxes to others

    Quote Originally Posted by chase007 View Post
    yes personaly if it was some one elce that just starting making boxes but i'v taken shop for 3 years now...Making a lil box is nothing i don't need to pratice on a box to get it right i learned alot of stuff from 1 box and i can fix that in my next box
    after i told him that customers would care about the looks of the box

    Quote Originally Posted by chase007 View Post
    if u want some thing that looks pretty why don't u find a black guy with a big d*ck.

  9. #24
    BumpMW's Avatar
    BumpMW is offline Senior VIP Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Annapolis MD
    Posts
    300
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2 Blown Alpine Type R's. Need Advice on Buying New Subs.

    Thanks man, those are sick. But I already got a sealed box tho with the amp mounted to it. Im tryin to just throw some new subs in and it recommends a ported box for those. And plus i dont got that kind of dough to throw around ya dig.




  10. #25
    30hrtz's Avatar
    30hrtz is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    north carolina
    Posts
    528
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2 Blown Alpine Type R's. Need Advice on Buying New Subs.

    if you want some cheap subs that "should hold up to your power,i got 2 brand new 07 pucnch p3 12s,they are dual 4 ohm.i bought 15s instead ive only opened 1 of them to take pics of the other is still sealed in factory box.they are both in the rockford brown box they were shiped to me in..i got them listed local and online like to get 225 shipped.or best offer,200 local picup or best offer.just respond here if you are interested.not sure if i listed them in the classifieds here or not.




  11. #26
    miker's Avatar
    miker is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Wayzata, MN
    Posts
    5,327
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2 Blown Alpine Type R's. Need Advice on Buying New Subs.

    Quote Originally Posted by BumpMW View Post
    Thanks man, those are sick. But I already got a sealed box tho with the amp mounted to it. Im tryin to just throw some new subs in and it recommends a ported box for those. And plus i dont got that kind of dough to throw around ya dig.
    lol... I'm pretty sure R's are meant for ported enclosures too...




  12. #27
    BumpMW's Avatar
    BumpMW is offline Senior VIP Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Annapolis MD
    Posts
    300
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2 Blown Alpine Type R's. Need Advice on Buying New Subs.

    Quote Originally Posted by 30hrtz View Post
    if you want some cheap subs that "should hold up to your power,i got 2 brand new 07 pucnch p3 12s,they are dual 4 ohm.i bought 15s instead ive only opened 1 of them to take pics of the other is still sealed in factory box.they are both in the rockford brown box they were shiped to me in..i got them listed local and online like to get 225 shipped.or best offer,200 local picup or best offer.just respond here if you are interested.not sure if i listed them in the classifieds here or not.
    hey could you see some pictures of those?




  13. #28
    Lakota's Avatar
    Lakota is offline Doesn't Know $hit



    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Age
    26
    Posts
    6,222
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2 Blown Alpine Type R's. Need Advice on Buying New Subs.

    It's pointless to buy any of those subs with that little of power, imo. It reminds me of how I've beat guys on the meter that have some huge sub, but don't have enough power to put it to its potential. Install>whatever you buy.




    Ben Hemp
    1992 GMC Sonoma Ext Cab NEW BUILD
    2008 MECA S1 KY State Champion, 151.0 dB
    2008 MECA S1 WorldChampion, 151.8 dB
    2010 MECA scores: 150.9 dB S2, 151.6 dB S3
    Refs: smd4life, Subst4nce, wccoug21, dacheatham, thegreatestpenn, jshak07

  14. #29
    BumpMW's Avatar
    BumpMW is offline Senior VIP Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Annapolis MD
    Posts
    300
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2 Blown Alpine Type R's. Need Advice on Buying New Subs.

    what do you guys think if i bridge my amp so ill be gettin 850 watts rms @4 ohms and get one 12" sx?




  15. #30
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Age
    22
    Posts
    7,321
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

    Re: 2 Blown Alpine Type R's. Need Advice on Buying New Subs.

    Quote Originally Posted by BumpMW View Post
    The Subs aren't completely blown but they are pretty much down the shitter. I will take a look at everything and get back to you guys with prices.
    so whats the deal?



    Refs : nismos14, Slammed x3, Team H&K, RetroAudioInc, 2002XLT, tc3k101, Fusion_Freak, IAmMurph, louisiana_crx, fast85_gt, Ridnclean x3,
    woofercooker, lil_italy773 x2, 1mtx1, flipx99, MSW Danny, the_greatest_penn, jco1385, walksup, darkhunter139, TurdFurgeuson2, jmanpc, explorer2,
    Jep772, 86yota, fargof, brtnboarder3241, Pitbull12887, Spooney, Phers1er,

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts

1e2 Forum