Poll: 1 18 fi btl fully loaded to 2 kicker zx2500s wat ya think ???

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

+ Reply to Thread

Reload Thread: 1 18 fi btl fully loaded to 2 kicker zx2500s wat ya think ???

1 18 fi btl fully loaded to 2 kicker zx2500s wat ya think ???

was thinking about getting me a fi btl 18 fully loaded and strapping it on to 2 kicker zx2500s, the 18 is going in a 8.5 cube boxed double baffle and braced????
    my electrical system is a 250 amp alt and 4 yellows and a **** load of 0 gauge.

email [email protected] for and questions or suggestions.

Re: 1 18 fi btl fully loaded to 2 kicker zx2500s wat ya think ???

2 hdc315's is my choice.

or if you really want to stick with btl's, then get two of them. 1 zx per sub is plenty though. at least it was for my btl. no reason to send it 5kw, just to have to put it in a tiny *** box to keep from bottoming out.

also in my experience, re sx's wont like that much power, however the bl's should.

after using all the subs mentioned, i still give the go ahead to the hdc3.

llllllllllllllll Educate yourself and help stop the ignorance.
    llllllllllllllll DEA Judge Francis L Young says...
    llllllllllllllll Designing a Ported Box

refs: hazardous0388, snoopdan, karleon, thelow, freezeman_7, imtjnotu, Gebrochen, astroladespl, billabongcr , mustbenu , thunder9500 , 91ser, djdilliodon (6 times), stupify, milenko515, Zeuslicious, Bmoorman05, WaTTsLOk187, too dope 1904, nate2587, rbiele126, denalilvr

Don't Blame Me. I Voted for Ron Paul.

BluePoint Air Ratchet for sale...click me bitch

you think it'll sound pretty good? how many cube box do you think, i need it ported??? my electrical is a 250 amp alt and 4 yellows batts.

with any of the subs listed in this thread thus far, you are going to want to go ported. if you want sealed, you might want to go a different direction. most of the 15's mentioned so far need about 4^3ft net, and the 18's need about 6.5-7.5.

i can tell you this, the 18" bl's will need about 7 cubes IMO. i used 11 cubes total (5.5 each) and i missed a bit of the lowend by doing that.

the 15" btl i ran was in 4.5 @ 33 and had killer low end but lacked a bit up top. i would up the tuning some as well as drop the volume if going this route.

the 15" hdc3 im running now is in 4 @ 38 and it pounds wonderfully. its my favorite woofer thus far.

refs: hazardous0388, snoopdan, karleon, thelow, freezeman_7, imtjnotu, Gebrochen, astroladespl, billabongcr , mustbenu , thunder9500 , 91ser, djdilliodon (6 times), stupify, milenko515, Zeuslicious, Bmoorman05, WaTTsLOk187, too dope 1904, nate2587, rbiele126, denalilvr

dose the audioque pound harder then the btl??? because i was thinking of running 2 of those a week ago.

Quote Originally Posted by babaganoush123 View Post
    dose the audioque pound harder then the btl??? because i was thinking of running 2 of those a week ago.
    the low end is a little bit less than the btl, but the hdc picks up on the upper end. even when they were directly swapped out and the hdc was sitting in a 33hz tuned box the upper end was better than the btl. i expect the lowend to pick up even more in the next few weeks. the initial Fs sits at 38hz, and after breakin is expected to drop like pretty close to what the hd was (which dropped 8-10hz after break in). this usually will give you an increase in lowend. no, fs isnt the only spec thats important, but it at least gives a hint about the sub.

remember this is in MY application. this isnt necessarily going to guarantee what you will experience. how the sub sounds is HEAVILY dependant on the install.

both the btl and hdc handle my kx2500.1 beautifully though. and honestly in the boxes they are in, they dont need any more power. what kind of yellow tops are those? group 34's or 31's?

2 audioques for sure.

Team American Power Systems
    Pioneer Avic N5 Navi + CD-UB100 USB Adapter. RARE Circa 1996 PPI Ax606.2 in BLACK (1 of 400ish made) with 2 rare black graphic spacers.
    CDT DRT-25 1'' Silk Dome Tweeters / CDT ES-04 4'' Midranges / RE Audio XXX 6.5'' 2ohm Neo Mids In Glassed Kick Pods
    American Power Systems 240amp H.O. Alty / (2) Deka 8a31, 1/0 front to back.
    Unknown Prototype 3k @ 1ohm. TRF/PSI 8 layer 4in coil hybrid beast in 3 cubs @ 33Hz / Raammat 40sqft in the trunk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Haunz View Post
    You could put 12V to my balls and clamp my dick to get 3kW+.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
    Glad this got bumped so I could fap to it again.

+ Reply to Thread